Trailer Thread III

Veltigar

On 17-11-2016 at 0:22 PM, GallowKnight said:

New Trailer for Kong: Skull Island

It looks alright and I gotta say, they have at least assembled a pretty good cast.

I like the look of Kong, I'm intrigued by the monsters, but the human cast looks quite obnoxious even in this trailer, with some cringeworthy humour. 

On 11/17/2016 at 7:32 AM, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Movie actually looks surprisingly good! Have to save Reillys character seems a little out of place, forced comic relief. 

Definitely forced comic relief, but as least it reminds me of a character he plays that I like. 

Also liking the look of Kong. Happy they went with an "unrealistic" type of gorilla God this time around.

The one thing that bothered me some about the Kong trailer is that Brie Larson had no speaking lines in a trailer with plenty of lines. Reilly had the most lines, and all the other major male characters had lines. So I am wondering at this point how big her role is other than the woman that Kong will no doubt fight to save.

6 hours ago, Isis said:

AW YEAH. Luke Evans is perfect for Gaston. 

However, I'm not really sure what the point of remaking the film with the same score and what seems to be the same script... Why bother? 

My understanding was that there will be a few extra songs, and it will be based more on the broadway production. But I may be wrong on that front. I understand the complaint though. I also think a new aesthetic for the Beast might have been good to try out

9 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I doubt they're keeping the original story with Kong falling in love, given his new size. Or at least, I hope they don't. How can he fall in love with a woman the size of a mosquito?

It does seem, with the shot of him standing in front of her and Hiddlestone and her reaching out her arm to him, that there will be the element of Kong being attracted to/ protective of Brie Larson's character. I don't think they will leave that out. 

This film has it pretty tough in a way because Jackson's King Kong really had a superb depiction of Kong which still stands out to me today, very memorable. And yes, the film was very much overlong and had a dreadullly slow and typically Jacksonesque indulgent start. But Kong was amazing in that film. I did not love the idea of this Kong being the size of a large hill, but clearly he is that size because they are fitting him into the Godzilla universe, where both the monsters and Godzilla are enormous. It could work, in and of itself, but I would have prefered if he'd been the size he is in Jackson's film.

5 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

My understanding was that there will be a few extra songs, and it will be based more on the broadway production. But I may be wrong on that front. I understand the complaint though. I also think a new aesthetic for the Beast might have been good to try out

I love the original animated film but I just wondered if it is worth doing a repeat with what seemed to be a very similar/identical script. I'm sure I'll give it a look, but probably not at the cinema. 

12 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I didn't know Pixar were making a third Cars film and I wouldn't have cared if I had, but if I had known and cared I wouldn't have expected the teaser trailer to be quite this dark and foreboding...

The prospect of a third Cars film sound dark and foreboding to me without watching the trailer :P

Archived