Jump to content
LordImp

What should we expect from the Vale?

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

No, Shagga stayed, and Timett left for the Mountains of the Moon.

Bronn in ASOS:

When Sandor tries to take Arya to the Vale for ransom, a villager on the High Road warns them of the danger:

So yeah, whats the point of having these wildlings be more fearsome if nothing comes of it? There is all this talk of carrying off daughters...and Timett also says he's looking for the promise of "silk and steel" when he joins Tyrion so I think he's the one who is going to steal her.

Yeah I suppose whatever changes the show made are just there to speed her along her way to the North faster. I think they just cut out the travelogue chapters from Vale to Wall and replaced it with the Ramsay plot.

Ah thank you for correcting me. I like this a lot. And they would know that Sansa was married to Tyrion? Or at least remember her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Realistically, the most astute and asymmetrical action that LF and the Vale could take right now would be to besiege and take Casterly Rock, but I think getting there would be excessively byzantine and convoluted, even for GRRM, so I doubt that will happen. And Sansa's arc doesn't seem to be heading toward her ruling the west anyway. It would require tossing a lot of prep just to go in a new direction. We already have fAegon for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Lady Rhodes said:

Ah thank you for correcting me. I like this a lot. And they would know that Sansa was married to Tyrion? Or at least remember her?

Yes, I think so. Like Shadrich after Blackwater, Timett is right there when Tyrion arrives at Joffrey's name day tourney.

Quote

 

“When he lowered her back to the ground, the little man kissed her lightly on the brow and came waddling across the yard toward Joffrey. Two of his men followed close behind him; a black-haired black-eyed sellsword who moved like a stalking cat, and a gaunt youth with an empty socket where one eye should have been” - Sansa, ACOK

 

He's also there when Boros is beating her in the throne room:

Quote

 

“Is this your notion of chivalry, Ser Boros?” Tyrion Lannister demanded angrily. His pet sellsword stood with him, and one of his wildlings, the one with the burned eye. “What sort of knight beats helpless maids?” - Sansa, ACOK

 

And they take her back to the Tower of the Hand, where Tyrion tries to get them to guard her but she declines. I think she would recognize Timett right away, but he might not recognize her at first because her hair is darker. However, she would know some details that only Sansa would know - and hopefully they wouldn't want to harm the wife of the man who helped them.

I'm spitballing a lot here but I think its more interesting than her being a sex kitten in the Vale and seducing Littlefinger  :ack:

Edited by Rose of Red Lake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Yes, I think so. Like Shadrich after Blackwater, Timett is right there when Tyrion arrives at Joffrey's name day tourney.

He's also there when Boros is beating her in the throne room:

And they take her back to the Tower of the Hand, where Tyrion tries to get them to guard her but she declines. I think she would recognize Timett right away, but he might not recognize her at first because her hair is darker. However, she would know some details that only Sansa would know - and hopefully they wouldn't want to harm the wife of the man who helped them.

I'm spitballing a lot here but I think its more interesting than her being a sex kitten in the Vale and seducing Littlefinger  :ack:

I don t think it makes any sense for sansa to leave the vale. We need to know what is going on in the vale and what side they are going to join (the north and riverlands, faegon, danny or cersei). We can t know these things if we lose our vale pov…

I think grrm's idea for sansa is for her to mirror arya's noone problems and in the end regain her identity and kill LF. And this all makes much more sense if she stays in the vale and out manouvers LF becoming a leader figure in the vale and using the vale to help her family (jon or rickon) saving the north. Introducing sansa to the north storyline at this point doesn t make any sense (we already have jon and a true stark (rickon)). 

11 hours ago, Three-Fingered Pete said:

Realistically, the most astute and asymmetrical action that LF and the Vale could take right now would be to besiege and take Casterly Rock, but I think getting there would be excessively byzantine and convoluted, even for GRRM, so I doubt that will happen. And Sansa's arc doesn't seem to be heading toward her ruling the west anyway. It would require tossing a lot of prep just to go in a new direction. We already have fAegon for that.

That doesn t make any sense. LF isn t anouncing himself publicly as an enemy of the lannisters. He has harrenhall and is in charge of the vale because of the lannisters…

The most logical action's LF can have right now is to marry sansa to harrold and kill sweetrobin so that he can keep a position of power as the father of the wife of the lord of the vale. This is the only possible action LF can even make beside using Money to buy more lords loyalties...

And I think sansa's 5 or 6 chapters (she doesn t usualy have more than that) can be very interesting if we see a political game between the royces and LF and sansa's transformation from alayne to sansa stark ending up in foiling LF schemes and the royces and becoming sweetrobin representative or a person that can influence harrold to do as she wishes (with grrm both scenarios are very possible)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, divica said:

I don t think it makes any sense for sansa to leave the vale. We need to know what is going on in the vale and what side they are going to join (the north and riverlands, faegon, danny or cersei). We can t know these things if we lose our vale pov…

I think grrm's idea for sansa is for her to mirror arya's noone problems and in the end regain her identity and kill LF. And this all makes much more sense if she stays in the vale and out manouvers LF becoming a leader figure in the vale and using the vale to help her family (jon or rickon) saving the north. Introducing sansa to the north storyline at this point doesn t make any sense (we already have jon and a true stark (rickon)). 

I dont think she can be a leader in the Vale for several reasons: neither her mother or father were leaders there, it's not her home, she constantly thinks and dreams of WF, it's dangerous for her there with all the lies Littlefinger forced her to use, and this 13 year old girl is not going to be able to take down - all by herself - the political mastermind who fooled Tywin and Tyrion. She will need help from her siblings, and that means she can out maneuver LF later; it doesnt have to be in the Vale. I think the prophecy of her killing a giant in a castle made of snow points to her doing it in Winterfell anyway.

Instead of spending time in a place that is her prison I'd rather she spend time becoming a leader/Lady of Winterfell, because she is not only the most capable over Bran or Rickon at the moment, she's also the one most likely to be the Lady (as in, female Lord) because of her direwolf. 

I really hope Arya and Sansa will switch in Winds. While Arya has reached a place of stability Sansa would start in a travelogue. This is good for her arc--far better than playing sex games with her "father." Like I said the princess in the tower trope is very strong with her, but if she never leaves the tower and never interacts with people outside the nobility or the servants in her household she's going to be an ineffective ruler/leader. Littlefinger is keeping her sheltered and feeding her elaborate lemon cakes - this smacks of Marie Antoinette. The longer she stays there living the charmed privileged life, the longer she's cut off/removed from the Northern lifestyle, to her detriment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2017 at 10:43 PM, LordImp said:

I feal that Sansas Vale storyline is the hardest story to predict because it can go in so many directions .

- Will Sansa just stay in the Vale and learning how to play the game?  That's HBO's fan fiction.  

- Will Sansa take the KOTV North? Or will Littlefinger use them to get controll over the Riverlands?  Sansa won't make it out of the Eyrie alive.  

- Will the mountain clans attack ?  They might after they get turned to wights.

- Will Mad mouse kidnap Sansa?  No

- What to expect from Harry the heir? Is a evil prick who will rape Sansa?  

- Will Sweetrobin die? No

- Lyn Corbray , what will he do?  Nothing

- Will the vale lords turn on LF?  They will turn on both Sansa and LF.

- What will happen at the tourney?

- How will the Vale react to other events in the realm such as Aegons campaign ? 

Taking this questions into consideration where will the Vale storyline lead?  To winter.  The long night.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, divica said:

That doesn t make any sense...

 

I said realistically, not literarily, which is why I am not going to bother explaining why I think it's such a good idea. Suffice it to say that given the current situation and what is likely to happen in the near future, if it paid off, it would be a good long game move for the Vale (LF too).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 12:07 AM, Rose of Red Lake said:

As much as I hate this theory it's becoming more likely to me, especially if she needs to have words with Cersei again. I dont see Cersei going up there, I see Sansa going down to KL - and we know she's not going to do that unless forced.

I know; back when people here on Westeros were talking about Sansa's arc going back to Kings Landing after her last published book chapter (prior to the Winds Alayne chapter), I really didn't like it, and hoped it wasn't where her story was going.  After the show took her from the Vale early, I hoped it meant that the return to KL was a false flag.  But the hints of a kidnap plot in S7 made me convinced that it was going to happen.  The fact that people, prior to the show, found foreshadowing in the books, and then show waters who aren't book readers, could see hints from S7 (and independent of each other/not influenced by the other form of storytelling) both saw that her story was going to be captured again in KL, convinces me that this is where GRRM intends her story to go eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2019 at 8:28 PM, Rose of Red Lake said:

I'm spitballing a lot here but I think its more interesting than her being a sex kitten in the Vale and seducing Littlefinger  :ack:

I think almost anything is more interesting for her than this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:10 AM, willowbark said:

I know; back when people here on Westeros were talking about Sansa's arc going back to Kings Landing after her last published book chapter (prior to the Winds Alayne chapter), I really didn't like it, and hoped it wasn't where her story was going.  After the show took her from the Vale early, I hoped it meant that the return to KL was a false flag.  But the hints of a kidnap plot in S7 made me convinced that it was going to happen.  The fact that people, prior to the show, found foreshadowing in the books, and then show waters who aren't book readers, could see hints from S7 (and independent of each other/not influenced by the other form of storytelling) both saw that her story was going to be captured again in KL, convinces me that this is where GRRM intends her story to go eventually.

If Sansa returns to King's Landing against her will, I don't think it will happen until Dream. Because a return to King's Landing now completely interrupts her story and puts her in terrible danger considering that the Tyrells and Cersei are still there. However, if she is taken back to King's Landing while Aegon and Arianne are in power, Sansa's chances improve considerably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweetrobin will live. I highly doubt that Sansa will be successfully kidnapped. I'm expecting LF to try and take over the riverlands as he currently has Sweetrobin, who has the best claim to the Tully seat after Edmure who is incapacitated and the Stark kids who are presumed dead. As for the North situation, I'm unsure if the Vale will actually join the fight. I hope they will, if nothing else just for the chance to see LF and Stannis interact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×