Wolfgang I

DUBLIN 2019: An Irish Worldcon August 15-19 2019

Posted (edited)

@Werthead

Good to hear. Is that sourcable from somewhere? Wouldn't mind letting people know about it more generally.

Edited by Ran

Had a chat in San Jose with the Dublin folks about hotels and learned one useful tidbit: The hotel booking site will be opened to volunteer staff prior to being available to the general membership.

I'd already signed up to work Green Room, and this confirms my decision to do so.

It doesn't resolve the overall financing of the double-con trip, but it makes it much more likely that I can pull it off.

4 hours ago, DaveAx said:

Had a chat in San Jose with the Dublin folks about hotels and learned one useful tidbit: The hotel booking site will be opened to volunteer staff prior to being available to the general membership.

Wow, that's lovely. I'll be staying at one of the hostels but this alone makes me want to show the con love by volunteering.

16 hours ago, Ran said:

@Werthead

Good to hear. Is that sourcable from somewhere? Wouldn't mind letting people know about it more generally.

Glad I saw this on the board, gives me some time to prepare.

Flights booked, so I'll be there.   Family decided not to come, so I'll be solo.

I'll probably book an AirBnB closer in. 

Edited by Cuellar