Jump to content

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Ingelheim said:

That was not the Rock, it was King's Landing right from the beginning.

Ok I'm an idiot. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall, not a bad episode, but not the strongest finale I've seen in the show.

When did Sam transcribe the High Septon's entry about annulling Rhaegar's marriage and wedding R + L?  Gilly was reading the entry to him and Sam was absolutely uninterested?  And does Sam have any proof of the entry's existence, other than Gilly's memory?  Will the North, or Daenerys, or the rest of Westeros, ever accept Jon as the righful Targaryen heir based on either his teenaged brother's visions or his best friend's girlfriend's memory of reading a High Septon's diary back in the Citadel?  Dany and Jon are going to be very confused...

Is Sophie Turner's acting rather stilted in the episode, or is it just me?  There's not much emotion registering in her voice and face.  And I would have preferred some indication that she and Arya planned the turnabout on Littlefinger, and that Sansa had even talked to Bran, instead of leaving the viewers to connect all the dots.

I am celebrating Jaime's Independence Day, Finally!  I wish Cersei joy of Euron on his eventual return; they deserve each other.  

Tormund and Beric are presumably dead?

Where's Gendry?  

Is the final season coming out in 2018 or 2019?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, iprayiam said:

The problem I had is that nobody had to solve anything or put any pieces together. They were just spoon fed the truth from Branbot offscreen to wrap it up quickly. Contrast that with Sam and Bran each having half of the puzzle several episodes back and needing to exchange info to put the pieces together. That made for a more interesting scenario. In both we viewers already knew the truth, but in the latter we watched the characters unwrap it vs just being told offscreen

I see what you are saying, but if both situations resolved identically, it would be kind of boring.  As much as I hated being outwitted (I was yelling at Sansa for falling for LF's shit yet again), the final resolution was a pleasant and satisfying surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frey family reunion said:

Then you should sue to get a writing credit for that show, because it's probably where D & D got this idea from.

Nah, it makes perfect sense. Aegon is the Targ name. If you can't rule it out as Jon's real Targ name then it's immediately obvious that it's Aegon. So GRRM gave us a misdirection by having Rhaegar already have a son named Aegon. But that son died, and Rhaegar didn't name Jon. Was most likely expecting a girl. Reread the HotU scene, and notice how Rhaegar appears to see Dany and think that there must be one more head of the dragon. Almost as if he's envisioning the third head as a girl. Which explains why he never picked out a boy's name for Lyanna's child.

Honestly don't see the benefit of D&D changing Jon's real name, which is something they'd almost certainly have been told by GRRM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigchiefbc said:

The concerns about LF's execution are misplaced.  He DID have a trial, as much as anyone ever has on this show.  He was presented with several charges, and admitted to at least two of them.  Admitting to murder is enough to justify summary execution with no further process.

There were a few issues here:

1) As Littlefinger himself said, none of them were there and they had no way to prove it. Why admit something they can't prove?

2) The Vale lords don't even question why Sansa is matter of factly stating what she so emphatically denied before. She swore that her aunt committed suicide because she went insane, and the Vale lords bought that story hook, line, and sinker.

3) The most serious charges against Littlefinger were murdering Lysa and selling Sansa to the treasonous Boltons. These are both things that Sansa already knew about. Yet she sat in Winterfell with him for months and did nothing. Arya finding the letter and having the dagger, or Bran knowing that Littlefinger told Ned not to trust him, added nothing to him being found guilty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Trebla said:

It appeared as if the writer re-racked the Clegane Bowl. I think the demonstration of how to kill a wight was foreshadowing to Sandor killing his undead brother. My own personal prediction is that Sandor kills Gregor with Valyrian steel, Heartbane to be exact. Sam has to give it to someone and the Hound is the likely suspect.

If Sandor get to kill him it better be with fire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Tyrion may have betrayed Dany. The first hint is Tyrion and Cersei's negotiation resolving off screen. Second is when Cersei reveals to Jaime that, surprise, she's actually still doing Cersei things. Not to mention her quip about Jaime always being the dumbest. Finally, Tyrion creeping on the boat. I know it's a long way to go before we would get proof but I just got a bad vibe from Tyrion from the Cersei meeting onward. Plus it's been posed before that Tyrion could be the third of Dany's betrayals. 

 

As for Tormund and Beric, I really hope they made it but it seems unlikely. At best, it's slim odds to survive that portion of the wall falling and the reality is that even if they survived they're dead (lolpun) smack in the path of the million zombie march. Man, I really liked Tormund too...

 

 

Edited by jandslegate
Autocorrect failure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Jon was tired. I need sleep. He had been up half the night poring over maps, writing letters, and making plans with Maester Aemon. Even after stumbling into his narrow bed, rest had not come easily. He knew what he would face today, and found himself tossing restlessly as he brooded on Maester Aemon’s final words. “Allow me to give my lord one last piece of counsel,” the old man had said, “the same counsel that I once gave my brother when we parted for the last time. He was three-and-thirty when the Great Council chose him to mount the Iron Throne. A man grown with sons of his own, yet in some ways still a boy. Egg had an innocence to him, a sweetness we all loved. Kill the boy within you, I told him the day I took ship for the Wall. It takes a man to rule. An Aegon, not an Egg. Kill the boy and let the man be born.” The old man felt Jon’s face. “You are half the age that Egg was, and your own burden is a crueler one, I fear. You will have little joy of your command, but I think you have the strength in you to do the things that must be done. Kill the boy, Jon Snow. Winter is almost upon us. Kill the boy and let the man be born. - ADwD, Jon II

3
3
3
3

Notice here that Maester Aemon is giving Jon the same advice he gave Egg. It takes an Aegon to rule, not an Egg. Then tells Jon to kill the boy and let the man be born. Boy = Egg/Jon, man = Aegon. 

I guess it's a good thing D&D give GRRM an EP credit. ;) 

Edited by J. Stargaryen
Don't know why those 3s are appearing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

Overall, not a bad episode, but not the strongest finale I've seen in the show.

When did Sam transcribe the High Septon's entry about annulling Rhaegar's marriage and wedding R + L?  Gilly was reading the entry to him and Sam was absolutely uninterested?  And does Sam have any proof of the entry's existence, other than Gilly's memory?  Will the North, or Daenerys, or the rest of Westeros, ever accept Jon as the righful Targaryen heir based on either his teenaged brother's visions or his best friend's girlfriend's memory of reading a High Septon's diary back in the Citadel?  Dany and Jon are going to be very confused...

Is Sophie Turner's acting rather stilted in the episode, or is it just me?  There's not much emotion registering in her voice and face.  And I would have preferred some indication that she and Arya planned the turnabout on Littlefinger, and that Sansa had even talked to Bran, instead of leaving the viewers to connect all the dots.

I am celebrating Jaime's Independence Day, Finally!  I wish Cersei joy of Euron on his eventual return; they deserve each other.  

Tormund and Beric are presumably dead?

Where's Gendry?  

Is the final season coming out in 2018 or 2019?

1) All the Starks seem to be half dead with their delivery. Bran is understandable, but I can only assume this is something they've been told to do.

2) I doubt it. Can't see the point of them saving Tormund last episode to just have him do nothing and then die in the next.

3) No idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lorathi said:

There were a few issues here:

1) As Littlefinger himself said, none of them were there and they had no way to prove it. Why admit something they can't prove?

2) The Vale lords don't even question why Sansa is matter of factly stating what she so emphatically denied before. She swore that her aunt committed suicide because she went insane, and the Vale lords bought that story hook, line, and sinker.

3) The most serious charges against Littlefinger were murdering Lysa and selling Sansa to the treasonous Boltons. These are both things that Sansa already knew about. Yet she sat in Winterfell with him for months and did nothing. Arya finding the letter and having the dagger, or Bran knowing that Littlefinger told Ned not to trust him, added nothing to him being found guilty.

I couldn't stand this part. He's on trial for nothing that can be proven, and because everyone hates him or thinks Bran is a seer he gets the axe. I was more for LF making an attempt on Arya's life. Then you've got some real justification. I cant stand Sansa going on and on about being sold to the Boltons. She went into that with open eyes; he essentially gave her a choice she could've backed out on, or taken a dagger to Roose and Ramsay while LF was still there. A shame for him to go out like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pandean said:

Guest right goes both ways. Since LF tried to conspire against them and turn them against one another and cause shit to go down for the starks, he broke guest right first.


So, no. 

Did they have any proof though? I can't remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, iprayiam said:

The problem I had is that nobody had to solve anything or put any pieces together. They were just spoon fed the truth from Branbot offscreen to wrap it up quickly.

:agree:My impression was that they just wanted to wrap it up quickly. It was a very cheap trick: everything happened off screen. And where was Lyanna Mormont? Why didn't she say anything? LF deserved a more spectacular end.

25 minutes ago, Caryn Alomar said:

 What's the point of seeing past, present, and future if you don't get the facts straight?

Apparently he has whole footage, but can't see the final cut. So he provides relevant information randomly (and very conveniently)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, the only thing the leaks didn't help with is we're definitely getting a Jon/Dany baby after that convo in the dragonpit.  Oh joy for preggers Dany.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh it was ok. The whole thing with Cersei was frustrating. They lost a dragon for their dumb plan to convince her and it shockingly didn't work, dumb to think it would. But odd that they thought "were fucked" if she doesn't agree, how bout just kill her now. And Dany n everyone giving Jon shit for admitting he bent the knee n it's his fault it all fell apart, well maybe if every other sentence from Dany since they met hadn't been about bending the knee maybe it wouldn't have been an issue. 

Glad about bran and Sam talking about jons parentage but really wish Jon would have found out today. 

Few things i didn't get

1- what was hound talking about to the mountain? Sounded like some kind of prophecy or foreshadowing but I didn't get it.

2. What was with tyrion being a weirdo creeper on the boat?? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×