NFL Draft Part 2: Who HASN'T said racist things on Twitter when they were a teenager?!?

Trebla

17 minutes ago, briantw said:

Love that Callaway pick by the Browns.  First round talent but has some character issues and dropped.  Same way they got Caleb Brantley last year.  Callaway could easily become the best WR from this draft class.

Him and Gordon should get along fabulously... :P

25 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Him and Gordon should get along fabulously... :P

It's a risk, to be sure, but I feel like the fourth and fifth round is where teams should take risks like that.  Because at that point, you're either taking guys with higher grades who fell for character or injury issues, or you're taking guys who just may not be good enough to play in the NFL.  I'd rather roll the dice on a guy who has the talent and hope his character issues are correctable.  

Antonio Brown is mentoring him, though, which can't hurt.

I can't believe Tyrell Crosby went in the 5th round. He's an absolute stud OLineman, and can play guard or tackle. He's exactly what you want. Detroit got a good deal on him.

55 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I can't believe Tyrell Crosby went in the 5th round. He's an absolute stud OLineman, and can play guard or tackle. He's exactly what you want. Detroit got a good deal on him.

I've been reading a lot of good things about him.  Maybe fighting for a guard spot to help their shitty run game.  Combining him, the new C in round 1 and the RB in round 2, could mean good things for the run game and Stafford.

I like what Quinn is doing with his drafts and I hope Patricia is the coach this team needed.

5 hours ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

Jerry Reese caught Bill Polian syndrome. Although in the latter I think the game just passed him by, I have no idea what the fuck happened to Reese. He started off so well...

Yeah, things flipped pretty quickly. The Eli Apple panic pick was the final nail in the coffin for me. 

Seeing Shaquem get drafted by Seattle was cool shit. Good for those brothers.

Other than the 5th round punter pick and then a long snapper as well I thought Green Bay had a pretty good draft with their first three picks working to improve the defense with at least two really good players where the lineup is particularly weak and one decent player who could develop into a really good player. Somewhat indifferent to the WR corps picks, but time will tell on that front.

16 hours ago, Lord Dracarys said:

Other than the 5th round punter pick and then a long snapper as well I thought Green Bay had a pretty good draft with their first three picks working to improve the defense with at least two really good players where the lineup is particularly weak and one decent player who could develop into a really good player. Somewhat indifferent to the WR corps picks, but time will tell on that front.

Green Bay had a fucking amazing draft my man. I'm Jellyer than a donut.

And don't sweat the punter pick man, it's worth having a competent punter and it isn't unheard of for good ones to go in the 4th or even the 3rd round. (3rd's pretty uncommon but the Jags did it a few years back and only got particularly nasty grief 'cause Russell Wilson was still on the board)

And long snappers have value too. I've always been grateful that the Colts have terrific Special Teams. Brad Snow was the longsnapper there for a really long time and it's not often you know those guys' names and would buy them a beer if you met.

Jimmy Garoppolo's contract gets very specific with a list of activities he's not allowed to engage in.

A Boston area writer looked at Gronk's contract which prevents him from “engaging in any activity other than football which may involve a significant risk of personal injury.”  The author then also looked at Jimmy G's contract which gets far more specific.

Skydiving, hang gliding, rock or mountain climbing, racing of any kind including as a driver or a passenger, motorcycling, use of any off-road or all-terrain vehicle, professional wrestling, boxing, firearms, scuba diving, jet skiing, surfing, bungee jumping, diving, and snow or water skiing.

I suppose the next clause likely details the brand of bubble wrap he is to use every time he leaves the house.  :lol: 

6 hours ago, Rhom said:

Jimmy Garoppolo's contract gets very specific with a list of activities he's not allowed to engage in.

A Boston area writer looked at Gronk's contract which prevents him from “engaging in any activity other than football which may involve a significant risk of personal injury.”  The author then also looked at Jimmy G's contract which gets far more specific.

I suppose the next clause likely details the brand of bubble wrap he is to use every time he leaves the house.  :lol: 

They're trying to take away Handsome Jim's Second Amendment rights!!!

Archived