HBO’s Westworld VI- This Game Is Meant For You...[SPOILERS]

Ramsay B.

23 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Question: how did Dolores know Bernard was a host? And how long has she known?

Well, she said she "remembers everything."  I think that's what last episode was trying to depict - that she even remembers William's conversation with Daddy Delos convincing his to invest (further) when she was frozen.  In some ways, then, she actually knows more about the park (or at least her park) than anybody living, I think even William.  If that's the case, it'd be the most logical conclusion, as she clearly remembers the actual Arnold quite well.

27 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

When Charlotte and Bernard make it to the secret lab, she gets the message that there will be no rescue without the package, and so they go off Abernathy hunting. When Bernard wakes up on the beach, it's two weeks since the rebellion started and the rescue squad has just landed. But Charlotte finds the security team. I guess the team she meets up with are the remainder of the park's internal security team?

Right, that would be the easiest explanation.  I think it's also interesting she asks Bernard when he comes in with Strand (so the +two weeks timeline) if he has any idea with Abernathy.  She could be lying, sure, but why would she still have all the Delos people searching for him?  Would seem as if we may have a Charlotte/Dolores showdown imminent.

I wondering exactly how much of the outside world Dolores saw. We know she saw that city she was in with Arnold, and that William brought her to his ascension party. But we don't know what else. 

36 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

When Charlotte and Bernard make it to the secret lab, she gets the message that there will be no rescue without the package, and so they go off Abernathy hunting. When Bernard wakes up on the beach, it's two weeks since the rebellion started and the rescue squad has just landed. But Charlotte finds the security team. I guess the team she meets up with are the remainder of the park's internal security team?

It's got to be the remainder of the security team from the parks (maybe they have a full six-park team as well). Otherwise that would suggest that the "Dolores and Teddy" segments are actually happening in the "fast forward" timeline, but we know that Teddy is dead in the "fast forward" timeline. I don't see how that would work. 

Everyone on  reddit is calling the new world Rajworld.

So far I like this season, I find the writing good and I find Dolores' actions and character logical based on what has come  before she has been raped and murdered almost every day for thirty years remembering that is bound to mess a person up. Also I think it's worth mentioning that the Confederado's also raped Dolores she took her revenge on them the same as the humans. 

They turned out to be in Shogun World, but he mentioned a Klondike Sector. That doesn't sound like its own park. Maybe it's part of a Frontier World. Log cabins, grizzly bears, and such.

I suppose it's possible they are in this Klondike Sector, and samurai have wandered in.

5 hours ago, Fall Bass said:

It's got to be the remainder of the security team from the parks (maybe they have a full six-park team as well).

Yeah watching again this is made clear by Lee the first time we check in on Maeve and co.  He's yells at the other two that QA will be coming soon, so this is presumably the remaining 600-800 on site that the tech Dolores tortured last episode mentioned.

36 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

They turned out to be in Shogun World, but he mentioned a Klondike Sector. That doesn't sound like its own park. Maybe it's part of a Frontier World. Log cabins, grizzly bears, and such.

I suppose it's possible they are in this Klondike Sector, and samurai have wandered in.

Who knows, Lee could just be wrong - he doesn't seem to have his bearings (heh) throughout the episode.  I could also see Klondike as the "northernmost" sector of Westworld.

Ah, yes, he did say Klondike. The Klondike was all about striking gold way up north. Another fascinating park difference. We just talked about how Westworld has perfect weather and it never rains. Well, it was cold, as Sizemore complains, and there was snow on the ground. Snow has to fall from the skies.

That was a pretty severe change of weather in a day’s walk. I can walk all day for three days and not hit Arizona, trust me, and I’m not in the Klondike.

Sizemore better find some clothing soon or he’ll freeze to death.

I wonder if we’ll meet a new character also developing consciousness in one of these worlds, they must be there.

Oh...and did Grace fall into the lake where all the hosts drown? That was the tiger Bernard and the security group found, right?

Klondike world?  Who in the hell would want to go to Klondike world?  It's Westworld+gold mines.  

I assume some of the hosts are developing some kind of consciousness all over the island,  otherwise why would there have been that raj world bloodbath, since it appears they were in a straight up 'let's go kill some tigers while we hang out in luxury with tons of servants' narrative?

15 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Klondike world?  Who in the hell would want to go to Klondike world?  It's Westworld+gold mines.  

I assume some of the hosts are developing some kind of consciousness all over the island,  otherwise why would there have been that raj world bloodbath, since it appears they were in a straight up 'let's go kill some tigers while we hang out in luxury with tons of servants' narrative?

Ah, some are developing differently than others. Maeve and Dolores types are rare. And as Dolores says, and dramatically proves, not all will make the cut. All the hosts have had the restraints against killing humans removed, but most seem to be just continuing their narrative.

And that just triggered a thought. Does anyone remember how the guns work? They have deliberately reminded us in this episode that the guns don’t kill humans, just sting them, as Grace demonstrated. But after Ford’s switchover occurs, the guns do kill humans. You would think that the mechanism in the guns that distinguishes humans from hosts would be built in and not a programming matter that could be changed, for safety reasons.

11 hours ago, dmc515 said:

I actually really liked this episode, definitely entirely different than the first twelve episodes in terms of pacing.  I'm calling the new world Safari World, because that seems to be the appeal - get to hunt tigers and ride elephants.

While it would be a dope idea, there ain’t no tigers in the bush, dawg!

9 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

So after that long back and forth we had about Maeve being able to control the other hosts, by voice, or hand signals, or mentally, we see she can't. The Jedi mind trick didn't work.

It probably only works on hosts who aren’t woke yet.  

18 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Ah, some are developing differently than others. Maeve and Dolores types are rare. And as Dolores says, and dramatically proves, not all will make the cut. All the hosts have had the restraints against killing humans removed, but most seem to be just continuing their narrative.

And that just triggered a thought. Does anyone remember how the guns work? They have deliberately reminded us in this episode that the guns don’t kill humans, just sting them, as Grace demonstrated. But after Ford’s switchover occurs, the guns do kill humans. You would think that the mechanism in the guns that distinguishes humans from hosts would be built in and not a programming matter that could be changed, for safety reasons.

I thought and think that might be a plot hole, but maybe not, if the technology "of" the park is still working as always, only the hosts themselves who have gone off story, then guns would be working as they are meant to.

I'm assuming they will eventually do something interesting w/Ghost Nation.  I liked that Hector spoke their language, that's a step.

And I very probably am wrong, but aren't we looking at two competing ways to affect change, the Maeve way: works within the system, subverts it, changes it, melds it, or ignores it, and the Dolores way, overthrow it by violent revolting?

ETA....they need to do something more interesting w/ Ed Harris, I'm bored with nihilistic/selfish/i want to play the game and then burn everything...

The Raj is how I've seen it referred to in a couple articles...

Said articles also seemed to look at parks are being used to explore the various times of opression...the wild west and the Native American, the British Colonialosm of India...not sure how it all works, but it made a little sense...

25 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

It was mentioned that each individual bullet is programmed to differentiate between hosts and non-hosts. The programming was either removed, or set to recognize everyone as hosts. I can't remember which.

36 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

The Raj is how I've seen it referred to in a couple articles...

Said articles also seemed to look at parks are being used to explore the various times of opression...the wild west and the Native American, the British Colonialosm of India...not sure how it all works, but it made a little sense...

It makes total sense. There have to be people in the U.K. nostalgic for the Raj in the same way some Americans are for the Old West and the way some people in Japan are the era of the Shogun. So yeah, I kind of get it.

12 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

It makes total sense. There have to be people in the U.K. nostalgic for the Raj in the same way some Americans are for the Old West and the way some people in Japan are the era of the Shogun. So yeah, I kind of get it.

Maybe.  But, presumably the park caters to the global elite, it can't just be about what rich Americans and Brits fantasize about....I still feel the show is on dangerous ground here...

People, there's no Klondike World.

Sizemore said "Klondike narrative" and that they were still going towards Maeve's daughter suggests they're still in West World.

Now, Jace has a theory as to the Ninja.

Assuming there is a Samurai World (seems a good bet at this point), one would imagine that it would be located on a part of the island given over to mountainous terrain and nothing makes katanas look better than snow.

West World is the OG. That's Ford and Arnold's creation. William used Delos to expand the park to include the high water mark of adventure for the most influential cultures in the world in order to steal the info of their wealthiest denizens.

So Japan, America, and England are the targets we have so far.

I bet that the other parks are significantly smaller, more personalized experiences. The hunter lady only seemed to be on the elephant for an afternoon before running out of the park boundaries on foot.

Anyways, back to the ninja.

Sizemore kept talking about shortcuts and shit. I'm guessing that the parks wrap and warp around each other with clear dividers/barriers (William seemed certain he'd reached the edge of the park in Season 1 even though we never saw what made him say that) like the Raj World.

If the Bengal can leave its park, I'm assuming all of the hosts can.

The Samurai World is located in a more hilly/mountainous part of the park with climate control and Sizemore took them on a route to the homestead (which has mountains in the background) that strayed dangerously close to the unexpectedly expansionist Samurai regime.

That's my theory.

It doesn't all have to be a giant chucklefuck.

ETA: And just because it's the 'Klondike Narrative' does not mean it's West World Gold Rush.

I mean, yeah, that's probably the storyline. But have none of you people read Jack London? Alaska is fucking dangerous as shit.

Just now, Fragile Bird said:

Maybe my eyes deceived me, but, did anyone remember seeing a laser line that Grace ran through and that the tiger also crossed when chasing her? Was that possibly a border barrier to prevent accidental straying?

I think that if the park had been still functioning properly, that probably would have triggered an alert at the command center that there is a stray and possibly an immediate shut down of the host in question.

51 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Maybe.  But, presumably the park caters to the global elite, it can't just be about what rich Americans and Brits fantasize about....I still feel the show is on dangerous ground here...

When you throw in what I'm hoping is Medieval World, Roman World and Future World that gives the global elite a lot to choose from. We'll see how this unfolds.

Archived