Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

It's safe to say he isn't making it back from that suicide charge into the horde of zombies.

Probably one of the most wasted potential for a non-character there could be.

Edited by StarkofWinterfell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

It's safe to say he isn't making it back from that suicide charge into the horde of zombies.

Probably one of the most wasted potential for a non-character there could be.

Ghost is safe, seems he is not that stupid as it looked, that was just for the photo, he ran away, hid in the Wolfswood, and then came back when the battle was over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they would have spared 3 seconds to show Ghost dying. Not because they care about him, but just to shut everyone up wondering where Ghost is.
He will reappear sometime during the last episode as if he was always right there beside Jon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

It's safe to say he isn't making it back from that suicide charge into the horde of zombies.

Probably one of the most wasted potential for a non-character there could be.

I agree. Ghost and his significance were highly wasted. I understand they prioritized their CGI budget and ran out of screen time for him, but shoot, that was a huge letdown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was expecting Ghost to attack Viserion when Viserion was bearing down on Jon, thus giving Jon a chance to re-kill Viserion.  But Ghost remains a ghost in this series.  So I rewrote the script in my head to give Ghost the heroic scene he deserves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dead or not dead, that was stupid. So Ghost runs next to....Jorah? Why? And if he died, it was stupid because it was another pointless dire wolf suicide death. If he doesn't die, it's stupid because it defies logic. Either way...stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McAssey said:

I was expecting Ghost to attack Viserion when Viserion was bearing down on Jon, thus giving Jon a chance to re-kill Viserion.  But Ghost remains a ghost in this series.  So I rewrote the script in my head to give Ghost the heroic scene he deserves.

If Ghost was hiding in the godswood, he should have been the one to take out the NK. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ghost should have been left to help guard Bran (along with Summer), but by moving Ghost to the front lines, they leave him available for later shows. I suppose it's still possible we get the Nymeria-led  Direwolf army to come and surprise flank attack in a later episode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuperMario said:

Dead or not dead, that was stupid. So Ghost runs next to....Jorah? Why? And if he died, it was stupid because it was another pointless dire wolf suicide death. If he doesn't die, it's stupid because it defies logic. Either way...stupid.

This, basically.

 

1 hour ago, tallTale said:

Ghost should have been left to help guard Bran (along with Summer), but by moving Ghost to the front lines, they leave him available for later shows. I suppose it's still possible we get the Nymeria-led  Direwolf army to come and surprise flank attack in a later episode.

Pretty much zero chance of that. Despite their relevance to the very first episode, D&D simply can't be arsed with them.

Alas, what a fantastic addition the would have been to this and future battle sequences, especially at the size they are supposed to be in the books!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ghost is still alive and I wonder why. Is he important only to remind us Jon is still a Stark?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tallTale said:

Ghost should have been left to help guard Bran (along with Summer), but by moving Ghost to the front lines, they leave him available for later shows. 

Summer is long dead.  But yes, I think it would have been more appropriate to have him guarding Bran.  

So, I'm confused.  Is Ghost dead, or isn't he? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Red Dragon10 said:

Summer is long dead.  But yes, I think it would have been more appropriate to have him guarding Bran.  

So, I'm confused.  Is Ghost dead, or isn't he? 

He is alive. He is in next week's preview. 

Edited by King Jon Snow Stark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

He is alive. He is in the preview next week. 

OK, thanks.  I must have missed him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whether Ghost is or isn't dead, the thing I found the most baffling about him is that there was no interaction with Jon whatsoever. It would be cliché as hell but I would be perfectly happy if in the previous ep, when everyone was getting ready for he battle, Jon would say something like "hey boy, we came a long way. Nice to meet you. I hope we'll meet again after the battle."

 

6 hours ago, tallTale said:

Ghost should have been left to help guard Bran (along with Summer), but by moving Ghost to the front lines, they leave him available for later shows. I suppose it's still possible we get the Nymeria-led  Direwolf army to come and surprise flank attack in a later episode.

I'd like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×