Sign in to follow this  
Iskaral Pust

Football: winter break over

4 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Yes, that rule is a total joke. At least Bartomeu looked suitably embarrassed about it and said the rule should be abolished. It's ridiculous that Barca have both Messi and Griezmann fit, they also have Ansu Fati who has played a good amount this season and done well and they pushed Coutinho out of the club on loan but injuries to Suarez and Dembele and all of a sudden it is deemed an 'emergency' where they can sign someone outside of the transfer window but Leganes cannot replace their top goal scorer and assister. 

Yeah, it's a confluence of factors - the compulsory buyout clause in the league rules, normally a good idea IMO, played a part here too because it meant Leganes were powerless to prevent the player leaving. But in general, I'm against emergency signings being allowed at all. I can see why a point might be stretched for goalkeepers in a genuine emergency but for outfield players, it should never be allowed. Play your kids. Change your tactics. Play someone out of position. You always have alternatives.

I didn't even know this rule existed :wideeyed:

This City kit though..

WE LOVE ST. PAULI!

FABULOUS ST. PAULI!

WE HATE THE VOLKSPARK BASTARDS!

AND BEAT THE FUCKING HSV!

AND IF YOU CAN HEAR US!

WE SING A LIL LOUDER!

hahaha. First away win of the season. Eat that Mordor.

:D

Ederson is fortunate that keepers are given so much leeway. He came out to punch and completely missed the ball cleaning out Iheanacho in the process. That looked 100% a foul in my book. 

Cristiano Ronaldo matches his longest scoring streak at 11 games. Messi also scored 4 today. 

Edited by Mark Antony

It was also Ronaldo's 1,000th game in senior football - 725 goals and 251 assists.

Messi also hit a milestone with his four goals today which took him past the 1,000 mark for goal contributions - 696 goals and 306 assists in 853 games. 

Edited by Consigliere

Do you think Pogba will bounce back from his period off the radar at United and succeed as an elite player?

I think he should have the ability to be successful if surrounded by a strong cast, but there’s at least some chance that he ends up like Coutinho: a bit of a luxury player without enough consistency to really justify it. 

7 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Do you think Pogba will bounce back from his period off the radar at United and succeed as an elite player?

I think he should have the ability to be successful if surrounded by a strong cast, but there’s at least some chance that he ends up like Coutinho: a bit of a luxury player without enough consistency to really justify it. 

At United, it's very unlikely. Pogba is not the sort of player who can prop up a poor side. The only way he could fulfil his potential at United is if the club pull their shit together and assemble a quality squad around him. I think it's too late for him at United - through sheer incompetence we've managed the impressive feat of spending €450m but ending up with a worse squad than we had when Pogba joined in 2016. If he moves to Real Madrid or Juventus at the end of the season then I could see him becoming regarded as one of the top CMs. 

Edited by Consigliere

Real Madrid confirm that Hazard suffered an ankle fracture in yesterday's loss to Levante. Expected to be out for around two months. 

3 hours ago, Consigliere said:

At United, it's very unlikely. Pogba is not the sort of player who can prop up a poor side. The only way he could fulfil his potential at United is if the club pull their shit together and assemble a quality squad around him. I think it's too late for him at United - through sheer incompetence we've managed the impressive feat of spending €450m but ending up with a worse squad than we had when Pogba joined in 2016. If he moves to Real Madrid or Juventus at the end of the season then I could see him becoming regarded as one of the top CMs. 

I meant outside of United.  I took it as given that he’ll leave this summer, although it remains to be seen who’ll be willing to pay a big fee for him.

Solid performance with a couple of quality goals. Bruno was the stand out player again. Watford were quite poor though. After the initial new manager bounce, it seems like some of their players are starting to phone it in again.

Bukayo Saka crosses like David Beckham and dribbles like Ryan Giggs it's very unfair.

Also I missed our game but Greenwood is a menace in that area around the edge of the box. Good to hear Bruno's continuing to settle in.

17 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Bukayo Saka crosses like David Beckham and dribbles like Ryan Giggs it's very unfair.

Also I missed our game but Greenwood is a menace in that area around the edge of the box. Good to hear Bruno's continuing to settle in.

Never know, Arsenal can't seem to get him to sign a contract so might be available to United soon enough. I loved Arsenal's 2nd goal, very reminiscent of Arsenal of old which was nice to see. Also frustrating in a way since Auba makes those kinds of runs all the time and is never found.

Everton right now are the king of the flying boots. Leno pussed out on that 2nd.

Edited by Mexal

I didn't think we'd be seeing Andre Gomes on the pitch again this season. Good to see that he's recovered so fast.

25 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

I didn't think we'd be seeing Andre Gomes on the pitch again this season. Good to see that he's recovered so fast.

Played very well after coming on too. Good for him.

I feel like someone should be buying Stones off Man City. I don't even think he would be *that* expensive.