A Terrible Movie that you love

Raja

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

…My problem is with the abruptness of the turn. I agree they had to go. He should have been more conflicted while slaughtering them though.

That movie is great for two reasons. the accordion trailer cliff scene, and then some stuff with the raptors in tall grass. 

But he shed a solitary tear, so you just know he was conflicted and distraught!

Art!

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

More or less true. But I always took this thread to be about movies that weren't very good, but despite their flaws were incredibly lovable.

For example, wouldn't Point Break be like king of the hill for these kind of movies? It's objectively awful in so many ways, and the hero is like the shittiest cop ever, and yet, great film in its own way.

Point Break is one of the best action/cop movies ever made. 

In it's own way?!?! 

It's way is greatness.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

9 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

But he shed a solitary tear, so you just know he was conflicted and distraught!

Art!

Did you not see how his eyes changed colors?!?!?!?!!?!?

That's acting! 

8 hours ago, Inkdaub said:

In it's own way?!?! 

Point Break is one of my all time favs, but

Condorman was a VHS that had a lot of use in the late 80s in our house. I tracked down a copy awhile back, and I loved it still. Hell even typing this has me humming the theme song. Cool gizmos and fast cars, scary evil Porsche drivers, and the sultry Barbara Carrera being the epitome of beauty for my childhood. 

Even as a kid I kinda hated the lead actor, though. 

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Funny enough, @DMC is like one of the main characters. And he's like the only character not used in the last four movies. 

Huh?  My only question:  Is this character human or one of the dinosaurs?

24 minutes ago, DMC said:

Huh?  My only question:  Is this character human or one of the dinosaurs?

He's the brilliant scientist who designs almost everything perfectly, but then is the cause of much of the downfall because he eats a candy bar and throws the wrapper on the ground from the high hide. He wakes up realizing he made a terrible mistake. He does live though.

36 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

He's the brilliant scientist who designs almost everything perfectly, but then is the cause of much of the downfall because he eats a candy bar and throws the wrapper on the ground from the high hide. He wakes up realizing he made a terrible mistake. He does live though.

Well, I'm not sure if that's a compliment or an insult.  Mainly I'm just kinda uncomfortable you apparently think about me this much.  But, you didn't answer the question!  Human?  Or dinosaur?

4 minutes ago, DMC said:

Well, I'm not sure if that's a compliment or an insult.  Mainly I'm just kinda uncomfortable you apparently think about me this much.  But, you didn't answer the question!  Human?  Or dinosaur?

Oh it's both. And we got here speaking about my time working in clinical psychology labs. 

@Jace, Basilissa likes to think about what we all look like when dancing nakedly in her harem, after all. 

And Dr. Levine was a human, though I'm sure he wishes he could play furry in the other skin.

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Oh it's both. And we got here speaking about my time working in clinical psychology labs. 

@Jace, Basilissa likes to think about what we all look like when dancing nakedly in her harem, after all. 

And Dr. Levine was a human, though I'm sure he wishes he could play furry in the other skin.

It's pronounced "hah-reem". Peasant.

3 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

Condorman was a VHS that had a lot of use in the late 80s in our house. I tracked down a copy awhile back, and I loved it still. Hell even typing this has me humming the theme song. Cool gizmos and fast cars, scary evil Porsche drivers, and the sultry Barbara Carrera being the epitome of beauty for my childhood. 

Even as a kid I kinda hated the lead actor, though. 

Show some respect to Michel Crawford, you horrible, horrible arsebadger! How dare your besmirch the hero of Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em!

UHF.

I maintain that it would be a classic if it wasn't released during the summer of IJatLC, Star Trek V, Ghostbusters II, Batman, as well as Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Do the right thing, Dead Poets Society, Major League, etc etc

15 hours ago, Inkdaub said:

In it's own way?!?! 

The bad Bigelow movie is 'Strange Days', not 'Point Break'.  And not, as I recall it, in the so bad it's good way. I remember kind of hating it and Fiennes' character specifically after it was over. 

11 minutes ago, Vaughn said:

The bad Bigelow movie is 'Strange Days', not 'Point Break'.  And not, as I recall it, in the so bad it's good way. I remember kind of hating it and Fiennes' character specifically after it was over. 

...Strange Days is a legit scifi classic and you crazy.

10 minutes ago, DMC said:

Forgive my ignorance but what is this?

Weird Al Yankovic film where he manages a poor, UHF television station. It's a gonzo satire which, if I remember right, was very hit or miss. But beside Yankovic, it had a pretty interesting cast -- David Bowie, Michael Richards, Fran Drescher, Emo Philips...

Also, yeah, Strange Days is not a bad movie!

I guess it's all eye of the beholder, I suppose. 

4 minutes ago, Ran said:

Weird Al Yankovic film where he manages a poor, UHF television station. It's a gonzo satire which, if I remember right, was very hit or miss. But beside Yankovic, it had a pretty interesting cast -- David Bowie, Michael Richards, Fran Drescher, Emo Philips...

Thanks.  Had no idea Yankovic made a movie (was pretty young at the time).  And yeah, that's quite the eclectic cast.

5 minutes ago, Ran said:

Also, yeah, Strange Days is not a bad movie!

I guess it's all eye of the beholder, I suppose. 

This might be the only thread in which you've lost all power!!!! 

Also, this:

Archived