US politics : clowns want their money back

Rippounet

Just now, larrytheimp said:

Biden's stutter seemed to be manageable during his entire career.  This isn't about his stutter, it's about him being unprepared.  I get that you are also very pessimistic about this election, for me Biden isn't one of the things giving me any hope.  That's cool if it's different for you.  

Biden doesn't typically have people screaming at him left and right and interrupting him in the middle of a sentence. His stutter has been manageable - but this isn't a typical performance. 

I don't think Biden should give you hope either! What should give you hope is communities and people fighting against the authority. Biden isn't Obama. He's simply a competent person also fighting for what we are. 

But let's not pretend he did anything to respond to Trump's approach beyond fall right into it.  Cool that he called him a clown. 

That's not really fair. One of the most effective things he did by a large margin was him turning to the camera and speaking directly to the people. 

If that's the case I'll, take it!  Totally my own impression!  I hope I'm wrong!  Hopefully this will all be pointless speculation soon.  But in the meantime, it was far from inspiring.  

As I said before, debates don't tend to matter that much, and this debate matters even less than anything. 

Also of note, this debate  got 33% less viewership than the 2016 ones. People are tired of Trump's schtick. They've seen what they need to. 

17 minutes ago, Kalibear said:

Or maybe being screamed at is a pretty effective tactic to deal with someone who stutters, and that's not really that big a deal otherwise? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that having a disability and having people exploit that disability is not a 'weakness' in a candidate any more than forcing someone to read without glasses is. And Biden's team certainly anticipated it and Biden has worked on this for 30+ years. There's only so much you can do. 

He didn't with Sanders, did he?

Biden's one debate that was just him and Sanders was admittedly a good night for him, but if you watch him on the campaign trail, you see this shit all the time. Shit he got distracted by a train earlier today, but then again, trains are cool and liking trains is a good way to appeal to the left.

Keep huffing the copeium and telling yourself that this is all because Trump is some kind of mastermind, and not because Biden is a husk of a man who we are all going to vote for because 4 more years of Donald Trump is the slippery slope made manifest.

Didn't most post debates polls show Biden as having done well enough - inlucding generating the next big wave of donations? If you think the debates don't matter anyway wrt to the election (I agree with that assessment btw.), then why make such a big deal out of a debate performance, he did not really lose, and which probably doesn't matter in the bigger picture anyway?

Trump is a batshit crazy arsehole, he showed he is batshit crazy arsehole in teh debates. Biden did his job by pushing back. That's all there's to it. Oh, right you have two more of those to look forward to.

Your impression seems to require you to throw insults at other people and I question your motives and also your judgement. Biden was prepared. I suppose that you have dealt with screaming children? I have. This debate was like taking a kid to a grocery store and having them pitch a fit. It never makes the adult look good.

2 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

Biden's one debate that was just him and Sanders was admittedly a good night for him, but if you watch him on the campaign trail, you see this shit all the time. Shit he got distracted by a train earlier today, but then again, trains are cool and liking trains is a good way to appeal to the left.

Keep huffing the copeium and telling yourself that this is all because Trump is some kind of mastermind, and not because Biden is a husk of a man who we are all going to vote for because 4 more years of Donald Trump is the slippery slope made manifest.

I don't think Trump is a mastermind. I think his handlers are smart, and he's a bully, and this was a weak spot of someone's disability. I do not, however, think that Biden is a 'husk of a man'. I think that's just full-on bullshit of the highest order. But if it makes you happy, you can assume that - in which case, it must make you REALLY pissed off that Sanders couldn't beat that husk of a man. 

11 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

Shit he got distracted by a train earlier today, but then again, trains are cool and liking trains is a good way to appeal to the left.

He was obviously securing the Sheldon Cooper vote.

40 minutes ago, Guy Kilmore said:

Debating Donald Trump is like trying to debate an angry mob.

That's actually a really spot on descriptor. And to DMC's prior point, how do you fact check someone when they tell four lies in 15 seconds?

1 hour ago, Kalibear said:

It's also impossible to debate a 5 year old. That doesn't make the 5 year old particularly a strong debater. It means you need to take a different tactic than rational discourse meant to persuade an audience.

1 hour ago, larrytheimp said:

If that's the case, you'd think you'd either engineer a plan to avoid it without losing face, or a way to come out on top.  Biden handled that about as poorly as anyone could have, considering it's about all he's had to do for the last few months 

At ease.  I made no mention of Biden's debate performance.  I was more observing where Trump was at.  

I think this is the Trumpiest I have seen him at a debate...

14 minutes ago, DMC said:

He was obviously securing the Sheldon Cooper vote.

Man, Biden should just make building a nationwide governmental high speed rail system a signature part of his climate plan. Even the tankies couldn't say no to that.

1 hour ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

I know, I know, I'm a terrible person and I apologize in advance for attacking someone's physical appearance....the above is spot on. I can't speak to the thought on whether he wears Manx (man-spanx), but jesus, his pancake makeup is TERRIBLE. The ORANGE!! The eye-holes. The lack of feathering into his hairline and his ears. And the obese neck just makes me shudder. 

His suits are likely two sizes too large in an effort to puff himself up and not reveal his belly being large. 

He was three times the width of Biden, which doesn't make Biden look weak or shrimpy; it just emphasizes that to me, Biden is a normal dude who is in really good shape for his age, and Trump is just obese. And orange. Does he not see the orangeness???

...AND HIS TIE. OMG. Tied badly. 

The only thing I can give him is that he does appear to have decent teeth. That's literally about it, the only good thing I can say.

Money can't buy taste.

14 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Did we already talk about the Q-Pac poll that had Graham even in SC? Although it has Trump +1, so it might be an outlier. The last two joint polls (YouGov and Morning Consult) had a +10/+1 and +6/+1 split respectively.

Yeah Trump +1 in SC sounds like an outlier - Harrison probably needs to outrun Biden there by at least about 7 points to win.

11 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

Man, Biden should just make building a nationwide governmental high speed rail system a signature part of his climate plan. Even the tankies couldn't say no to that.

Once upon a time infrastructure was a bipartisan issue.  But even that got destroyed following the GFC.  Still remember Rick Scott rejecting federal funds to build high speed rail between Orlando, Tampa, and (eventually) Miami back in 2011.

21 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

This, uh, does not come across in your posts.

He's not exactly inspiring but admittedly i am probably not his audience.  But yeah, overall impressions was that "what the fuck, this is the concerted effort against a fascist candidate that the opposition is able to muster." It's not inspiring.

45 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah Trump +1 in SC sounds like an outlier - Harrison probably needs to outrun Biden there by at least about 7 points to win.

Once upon a time infrastructure was a bipartisan issue.  But even that got destroyed following the GFC.  Still remember Rick Scott rejecting federal funds to build high speed rail between Orlando, Tampa, and (eventually) Miami back in 2011.

Well, the power of the automobile industry basically killed affordable nationwide high speed rail in the cradle, so I don't think passenger rail has been a bipartisan issue since the early 1900's.

I'm not a big advocate for most conspiracy theories, but if anyone tells me that Rick Scott is not a lizard, they are either lizard people themselves, or closely aligned with the lizard people.

6 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

Well, the power of the automobile industry basically killed affordable nationwide high speed rail in the cradle, so I don't think passenger rail has been a bipartisan issue since the early 1900's.

I'm not a big advocate for most conspiracy theories, but if anyone tells me that Rick Scott is not a lizard, they are either lizard people themselves, or closely aligned with the lizard people.

That's not really true, infrastructure spending - including rail - was very high from the 50s to the 80s, and then again in the 90s.  

I've always thought Rick Scott missed his calling as being cast as the next Lex Luthor, but lizard person is a perfectly apt description as well, certainly.

10 minutes ago, DMC said:

That's not really true, infrastructure spending - including rail - was very high from the 50s to the 80s, and then again in the 90s.  

I've always thought Rick Scott missed his calling as being cast as the next Lex Luthor, but lizard person is a perfectly apt description as well, certainly.

Trying to offer an alternate explanation for Rick Scott being an absolute freak eh, sounds like something a lizard person would do. Watch your back while you're out sunning yourself on a rock you cold blooded bastard, I'm on to you.

8 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

This country is going to need a lot of healing. And maybe for a few Trumpians to slither back into the sewer.

The trouble is that's the breeding ground, so it's not really a solution. If you want to get rid of rats you have to kill the nest, not just the ones that come into your home, shit on everything and chew through the wires causing an electrical fire

Archived