US Politics: The Motorcade of Madness

Durckad

1 hour ago, DMC said:

Someone shoulda told this to James Comey.

Definitely. if he didn't know already and instead got caught up in the perception game as alleged in The Comey Rule.

It was this part that bothered me though:

"The email announced “an exception to the general non-interference with elections policy.” The new exemption, the email stated, applied to instances in which “the integrity of any component of the federal government is implicated by election offenses within the scope of the policy including but not limited to misconduct by federal officials or employees administering an aspect of the voting process through the United States Postal Service, the Department of Defense or any other federal department or agency.

Specifically citing postal workers and military employees is noteworthy, former DOJ officials said. But the exception is written so broadly that it could cover other types of investigations as well, they said.

Both groups have been falsely singled out, in different ways, by President Donald Trump and his campaign for being involved in voter fraud. Trump has repeatedly attempted to delegitimize ballots sent through the postal service, just as the country experiences increased voting by mail spurred by the coronavirus pandemic. He has also raised the specter that the ballots of military members, among whom he enjoys broad support, might be suppressed."

-emphasis mine

Might be a versed lawyer would interpret it differently, but as a layman that reads really, really fucking bad.

He'll do it.

1 minute ago, JEORDHl said:

Definitely. if he didn't know already and instead got caught up in the perception game as alleged in The Comey Rule.

He certainly already knew, I was just being a smartass.  And I agree with your concern, to be clear.

4 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Might be a versed lawyer would interpret it differently, but as a layman that reads really, really fucking bad.

He'll do it.

Wow the Trump admin is going to use the power of the DoJ to fuck with the elections

wow

wow

56 minutes ago, Kalibear said:

Wow the Trump admin is going to use the power of the DoJ to fuck with the elections

wow

wow

lol Are you being a smart ass, smart ass?

1 hour ago, Relic said:

One one hand, fuck Dan Pfeiffer and his merry band of partisan hacks. They are all political creatures, deep at heart. Even tho he and all the Pod Save America guys were totally wrong the last pres election cycle, they somehow remain relevant political commentators. 

On the other hand, maybe he's right. Trump's loyal base doesnt give a fuck about wearing masks, and hammering the idiocy of his Covid failures won't matter to them. 

That's true--we'll never convince his loyal base (one got out of his car at a stop light the other day, and started slapping my window because he thought I was going too slow--these guys are getting worse every day). I do like Pfeiffer, but regardless of how you feel about him, Biden absolutely feels different than Hillary. 

ETA: A lot of my coworkers who love Pod really feel like the Pod guys are positive and upbeat in a rather dismal time. I think their popularity has to surround their message of "we can fix this, let's get out and work for the Democratic nominee."

20 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Yes, and the reason for that is “double dipping”.

Your employer can’t have you on salary and then ALSO hire you as a consultant.

In these times, with this administration, doesn't that count as a 'trivial technicality?'

7 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

lol Are you being a smart ass, smart ass?

What

no

I would never

It's just

well

it's so surprising

That Trump and Barr

who have been so amazingly on board and consistent with their use of power

are now all

abusing it and stuff

wow

WOW

44 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Yes, and the reason for that is “double dipping”.

Your employer can’t have you on salary and then ALSO hire you as a consultant.

Now here's a grey area, what if you don't technically receive a salary, but you do receive other benefits due to your association with an entity? I believe she is basically an unpaid staffer on his campaign and in his Administration. 

41 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

It was this part that bothered me though:

"The email announced “an exception to the general non-interference with elections policy.” The new exemption, the email stated, applied to instances in which “the integrity of any component of the federal government is implicated by election offenses within the scope of the policy including but not limited to misconduct by federal officials or employees administering an aspect of the voting process through the United States Postal Service, the Department of Defense or any other federal department or agency.

Specifically citing postal workers and military employees is noteworthy, former DOJ officials said. But the exception is written so broadly that it could cover other types of investigations as well, they said.

Both groups have been falsely singled out, in different ways, by President Donald Trump and his campaign for being involved in voter fraud. Trump has repeatedly attempted to delegitimize ballots sent through the postal service, just as the country experiences increased voting by mail spurred by the coronavirus pandemic. He has also raised the specter that the ballots of military members, among whom he enjoys broad support, might be suppressed."

-emphasis mine

He'll do it.

A New Jersey mailman has been taken in for trashing mail-in ballots in a garbage bin.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/07/us/politics/a-new-jersey-postal-worker-was-arrested-after-he-threw-away-nearly-100-blank-ballots-prosecutors-say.html

36 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

This was before he won election and specifically had to do with the construction of a hotel in a foreign country.

Sorry, lack of clarity, I was talking about the hypothetical of her charging the campaign whatever she wanted to be a consultant while also having a direct tie to said campaign. What you cited was the comparison I was drawing to.

10 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Have you seen the video Trump put out today? He has so much make-up on he really does look orange.

I guess his regular make-up person is in quarantine or self-isolation.

Eyes swollen and bloated -- the drug cocktail does that.

From the first word, every word out of Pence is a lie.

Archived