Let's hear it for THE BOYS [Onwards to Season 3]

Veltigar

On 7/24/2023 at 5:31 PM, 3CityApache said:

Yeah, I’ll give it a shot because I like the universe, but the teaser looked underwhelming. 

Same. Teenagers with superpowers is done to death (and i cant think of it ever being done well). 

Edit. Except for misfits. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Got enuff of blood, body parts and extreme gross in the first two seasons, with the second one outdoing the first and, clearly, they are going for the third season to outdo the second one.

??? There are already 3 seasons of The Boys. This one is a spinoff.

• 4 weeks later...

I watched the 1st episode of Gen V. I wasn't sure I was going to care much for this spinoff, but it had a good start. They went all bonkers with the gore and the nudity, of course, but the protagonist seems to be an interesting character and I like that it's at college level at least, not high school.

1 hour ago, Corvinus85 said:

I watched the 1st episode of Gen V. I wasn't sure I was going to care much for this spinoff, but it had a good start. They went all bonkers with the gore and the nudity, of course, but the protagonist seems to be an interesting character and I like that it's at college level at least, not high school.

That's good to know, because the trailer made it look crap.  I'm still going to wait a while before committing. 

It's decent. It definitely leans into the teen drama vibe a lot. They also went hard on some of the hilarious sex and penis things that put the season three opening to shame. 

Very unsubtle, mind you. But well made, continues the corporation producing satire of corporations thing, and occasionally stupidly extreme.

10 hours ago, IlyaP said:

Saw someone somewhere recently suggesting it was like Riverdale but more bonkers. Which is....one hell of a fascinating way to describe the show, based on initial reviews.

Yep, that's pretty spot on. If Riverdale had weird cock & ball torture and jumanji references it'd be almost identical.

That was fucking awesome on a whole lot of levels. Puppets! Missy Elliot (again!) Exploding dicks! The best representation of someone like Kellhus so far on TV! THE ADAPTATION OF TEK KNIGHTS STORY 

Edited by Kalnak the Magnificent

16 minutes ago, Kalnak the Magnificent said:

The best representation of someone like Kellhus so far on TV! 

Haven't watched this show, but that's intriguing. Who is the character? I guess you mean that they have Dûnyain levels of perception and an inhuman ability to read and control people through manipulation?

14 minutes ago, Ran said:

Haven't watched this show, but that's intriguing. Who is the character? I guess you mean that they have Dûnyain levels of perception and an inhuman ability to read and control people through manipulation?

Yeah, they changed Tek-Knight from being an Iron Man type of person to someone who has hyperperception and uses that to determine truth and lies. The way they do it on the show is that they show him zooming in on the tiny details - hair follicles rising, pupils dilating, pulse increasing, certain...uh...smells. And they do it quickly so it goes well with the narrative flow, and they have him explaining it on screen so we see along with it. 

It's vaguely similar to the Tim Roth show Lie to me but done with much faster cuts and more surety.