US Politics - Absence of Ballots

Ran

2 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

But Biden called Trump a clown...

Oh, I forgot, that's totally the same! Fine people on both sides.

If someone crazy attacks one of the two men, I'm sure that'll be a coincidence.

Looks like Arizona had a big drop that went for Trump. Biden's lead now 65,179. Trump needs 57% to win, trending at 59%.

That might have been a big red drop and a couple of big blue ones could pull it back, but the momentum in Arizona is not great.

OTOH, as everyone else is saying, Pennsylvania is looking better by the minute. Obviously you can afford to drop Arizona but at this point I think we all want everything (apart from North Carolina, which is now firmly out of reach, and Alaska obviously) so to put the matter beyond reasonable dispute. Georgia looking really good now (Trump's lead 9,400 with 43,000 to count, Biden scoring far higher than he needs).

15 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Biden gave a short statement. Covid, economic crisis, keep calm and counting etc. - all fine, but I take offense at his statement that the whole world envies the USA for their governmental system! *rotl*

Well, he's got to say that the system is the best evah, because he is relying on that system operating as intended and without interference to give him the win. If he loses though, there will be many voices, maybe even including him, that will want to abolish the electoral collage forthwith. Inconstancy and hypocrisy are the hallmarks of the great democratic experiment.

2 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Looks like Arizona had a big drop that went for Trump. Biden's lead now 65,179. Trump needs 57% to win, trending at 59%.

That might have been a big red drop and a couple of big blue ones could pull it back, but the momentum in Arizona is not great.

OTOH, as everyone else is saying, Pennsylvania is looking better by the minute. Obviously you can afford to drop Arizona but at this point I think we all want everything (apart from North Carolina, which is now firmly out of reach, and Alaska obviously) so to put the matter beyond reasonable dispute. Georgia looking really good now (Trump's lead 9,400 with 43,000 to count, Biden scoring far higher than he needs).

I imagine people will be wanting PA to turn light blue before AZ turns light red. The only thread that is holding this all together is that if all counting across the country was to stop right now Biden would be president. If AZ turns red first then Trump becomes the almost president elect instead of Biden.

I must say though, it was a great achievement for the people of the USA to have an election turn out % probably higher than any presidential election since 1968 in a time of the worst infectious disease crisis since the polio epidemic. Apparently 2016 was also a higher % turnout than any election since 1968, but this one will be higher.

Not exactly brilliant that the best ever in my lifetime is still just eeking around 60%, when - he says smugly - our turnout in October was 82%.

1 minute ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I must say though, it was a great achievement for the people of the USA to have an election turn out % probably higher than any presidential election since 1968 in a time of the worst infectious disease crisis since the polio epidemic. Apparently 2016 was also a higher % turnout than any election since 1968, but this one will be higher.

It's something WA has known for a while - the easier you make it to vote, the more turnout will be, and the fraud will be basically nothing.

Much like so many people working from home is going to change the office environment for good, so many people voting by mail is going to change that for good in this country and higher turnout will likely be the norm. 

2 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

1968? 1908, apparently.

Was Reich a fan of eliminating the EC when he was in Clinton's cabinet? It's fine to have come to this conclusion in these latter days, but it's a pity people in positions of great influence weren't of that mind when they were more than a mere social media pundit.

2 minutes ago, Killjoybear said:

And I know most people know, but SERIOUSLY WTF

If people wanted the thing to be decided earlier they SHOULD USE THE POPULAR VOTE DUMBASSES

Yup but then Republicans would never win another election. Rather than come up with a new message that appeals to the majority, they'll push for a system that gives them a systematic advantage. No surprise. Dems would do the same if they weren't consistently getting more votes.

Archived