US Politics - Absence of Ballots

Ran

2 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, the man you chose to be your dear leader four years ago.

And still may be for another 4 years, by hook or by crook, or even legitimately* maybe.

*legitimately to the extent that one can consider the EC system to be legitimate.

If Nevada (or whoever declares next) goes for Biden, I wonder if Fox (even knowing that Arizona is not in the bag) will simply call the election for Trump and say fuck it. They seem to be in that kind of mood.

Just now, The Anti-Targ said:

And still may be for another 4 years, by hook or by crook, or even legitimately maybe.

Legitimately? I can't see how with Pennsylvania and Nevada almost being locked, Georgia getting there and Arizona still in play.

Just now, The Anti-Targ said:

And still may be for another 4 years, by hook or by crook, or even legitimately* maybe.

*legitimately to the extent that one can consider the EC system to be legitimate.

I've not given an end date to his leadership, have I?

Erie county just flipped blue. 

Chatham county is done their vote count and it could be released imminently.

I wonder if we're going to find out Biden's clinched the state tonight [eyes widen]

2 minutes ago, OnionAhaiReborn said:

I've never felt more contempt for Trump voters than I do in this moment. 

I can't because I have in-laws who voted for him (I think they are all in blue or deeply red states, so it didn't matter in the grand scheme of things), who my NZ based (left-leaning but haven't voted since leaving the USA in 1981 - but no matter because their votes would be counted in California) in-laws still love. And of the ones I've met they are rather nice people, in person. Still they voted for Trump, they held the nose while doing it, but they still voted for him. Because Supreme Court and guns and taxes.

3 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

The Wiki table says VEP. But perhaps the person creating the table accidentally used VAP.

Hm..looking at their footnotes, it appears they're using this from the American Presidency Project site (a great source I use for a lot of research).  Even there, they give VEP numbers for every election since 1980 and it shows 2008 was higher than 2016!  But, they also used this abstract from the Census Bureau.  I'm not going through that thing even if it didn't strain my eyes, but I'm guessing those estimates are either from VAP or inaccurate.

4 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Legitimately? I can't see how with Pennsylvania and Nevada almost being locked, Georgia getting there and Arizona still in play.

There's still a lot that can happen before the results are in. This isn't over yet by any means.

Archived