US Politics - Count All The Posts

Relic

50 minutes ago, Castellan said:

such a pity if Arizona goes. would have been a nice farewell present from McCain to Trump.

It would also be a shame because if Biden holds PA, GA, NV and AZ he'd have 306 EC votes, exactly what Trump got. Another last fuck you to him.

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

Well, if I'm "poll guy," and the mods react with the same misplaced and visceral anger to pollsters that the general public does when elections don't go precisely their way, then I'm frankly shocked I haven't been permabanned already.

Social roles my man. That's how our little microcosmos works. I'll explain the roles i our little universe here.

So you are the poll guy - our Nate if you will (your choice if you want to be Cohn or Silver - yes, I noticed all pollsters in the US in the real world are named Nate - Popper black swan, and so on and so forth). Cal is the outraged public, and wants to maul you like Libertarian roaming his woods. But just like the general public, he can't do shit about pollsters. I was tempted to say the mods are god, but that's of course not the case, as the mods really exist (no, I couldn't resist). So they are like the TV networks providing you with air time. Far from me to say, who is the Fox News of moderators.

1 minute ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

So you are the poll guy - our Nate if you will (your choice if you want to be Cohn or Silver

Nate Silver and Cohn aren't pollsters!  But, granted, the conflation of them as pollsters certainly fits your narrative.

2 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Anyway, to get the thread back on a somewhat more relevant track.

Any predictions, when they'll finally call PA, or AZ and NV?

I get that Georgia is too close to call and will go to a recount anyway.

Right? I need to start the celebration drinking. 

26 minutes ago, DMC said:

Well, if I'm "poll guy," and the mods react with the same misplaced and visceral anger to pollsters that the general public does when elections don't go precisely their way, then I'm frankly shocked I haven't been permabanned already.

7 minutes ago, DMC said:

No he's not.  He's a data journalist.

Or maybe the public is turning on fake careers that peddle useless data masquerading as social temperature measurements.

19 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

Anyone else wondering if the reason that the remaining states are dragging ass is because they don't want to be the one to end it because they fear it might spark violence?

Nah. Fox/AP won't call NV because that means calling the election with a shaky state call (since they already called AZ). The others won't call NV either, because Fox/AP would be forced to follow suit and therefore be calling the election before anyone else. AZ shouldn't be called yet (hopefully that'll change after the 9pm drop), and Georgia shouldn't be called either yet. PA probably should be called, but I get waiting until either there's a few more provisionals seen or there's another big mail-in drop that makes Biden's lead too big for even the most implausible scenarios with the provisionals.

If Biden wins the Maricopa drop at 9pm (he won an earlier drop this evening from... Yuma, I think), I think AZ gets called and so does NV. Otherwise, gotta wait until everyone's more comfortable with PA. Not sure when that'd be.

30 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Does anyone here know if I can be kicked off Twitter for telling the President of the United States to eat a dick?

28 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

A mutual of mine did for pretty much exactly that this morning so I'd say don't risk it, but on the other hand getting banned off twitter for calling Trump rude names is an honoured club (of which I am a proud member I made a new account ummmmmmmmmm)

Go meta and send him a link to actual edible bags of dicks.

https://bagofdicks.com/

1 minute ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Or maybe the public is turning on fake careers that peddle useless data masquerading as social temperature measurements.

Are you referring to actual pollsters or Silver and Cohn?  If you mean the latter I agree.  If you mean the former you're full of shit to refer to professional pollsters as "fake careers."

1 minute ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

How does everyone feel Pennsylvania handled the 10X mail-in ballots compared to previous elections? I think they have done pretty well so far, and I see no reason why future elections cant go this way.

I agree they've done quite an admirable job considering they had basically no prior experience.  Even with the Allegheny hiccup (which is where I live), that was due to a fuckup by the firm that they used to print out the ballots.

As for future elections, yes, I think this is one of those things where you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.  Wouldn't be surprised if many if not most states change permanent laws to allow for at least no-excuse absentee balloting.  Which is a great silver lining.

Archived