US Politics- Banana Republic President’s Day Sale

Fury Resurrected

I never even knew the name Josh Hawley until a few weeks ago, and now I loathe him almost as much as I loathe Trump. He was mentored by long-serving Senator Danforth, who said this today.

Former Missouri Sen. John Danforth spent years promoting Josh Hawley as the future of the Republican Party, a “once-in-a-generation” candidate destined to contend for the presidency, perhaps in 2024.

But a day after the riot at the U.S. Capitol that left four people dead, Danforth blamed his former protégé for sparking the insurrection.

“I thought he was special. And I did my best to encourage people to support him both for attorney general and later the U.S. Senate and it was the biggest mistake I’ve ever made in my life,” he said Thursday. “I don’t know if he was always like this and good at covering it up or if it happened. I just don’t know.”

Danforth said he first met Hawley at a dinner party during a visit to Yale Law School in the mid-2000s when Hawley was a third-year law student. Impressed with Hawley’s intellect, he became a mentor and led the effort to recruit him to run for U.S. Senate in 2018.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/election-2020/ct-josh-hawley-capitol-riot-20210107-paflva2gajfprlir4pyt7ny6mq-story.html

I hope the only reason there hasn't been a vote on impeachment yet is because the caucus needed to sleep (which, fair enough, so did I).  Trump, the administration and the GOP Congress should not be given any time to circle the wagons.  This should not be a threat or a pressure campaign to get Pence and the Cabinet to invoke the 25th - which was lol even before now that 5 of the 15 departments do not have a confirmed secretary (albeit Chao's resignation is not effective until Monday, DeVos' tomorrow). 

Congress needs to remove him from office immediately.  If Republicans are unwilling to do so, the American public needs to be shown that.  If there are security concerns about holding a vote on the House floor, all the more reason to emphasize he needs to be removed immediately.  Do it from a secure location, but get it done.

56 minutes ago, Kalbear Total Landscaping said:

Occam's razor indicates that this would be just homegrown domestic terrorists doing the same shit they were planning to do to Governor Whitmer. 

Knowing the layout is easy. It's well published. Zip ties are easy to acquire and have been done by several people wanting to take hostage and then 'try' the traitors. 

Put it another way: if Russians were going to kill someone, they'd do it via nerve agents and have a significantly less loud op. We know this because this is how they've operated for the last 15 years. This is typical false flag bullshit - oh no, it wasn't the bad US people, it was the Other People. 

No, it's fucking us. 

if they are Qanon might they not believe this was the beginning of Trump bringing in the armed forces to stop the evil liberal elite from stealing his power - and their opportunity to take part.

...Or maybe they did just think now I can use all my insane militia toys on elected officials...

...wow. I am impressed by the work on identifying them

57 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Clearly they didn't follow the CoD:MW2 playbook: "No Russian"

Missing the point.

ETA: Is "The Taming of the Coup" a terrible thread title?

So, De Vos resigned because of "the children." There's a big hole in this story. What about the children in cages? This story only works if she doesn't classify those children as children. Or perhaps as human. She was fucking OK with that. She was probably wet in crotch about the idea.

3 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Well, in France it's bad weather, but in slang it's Love at first sight. Double meaning again!

You want confusing? Try "claro" in Spanish when living in a Spanish speaking country while not knowing the language at first. I both understood it and couldn't understand it at all. 

Speaking of the end of the coup, Biden may have low key declared war today.

The announcement of Merrick Garland went into the racism of the police responses and the origin of the DoJ to deal with racism post-Civil War.

Grant started the DoJ in 1870 in his wars to beat down the KKK in the South. He made a lot of progress but circumstances forced him to stop before he could finish. Wondering if Biden mentioned these with that unfinished business in mind. May be another KKK & allies smack down in the future.

Archived