US Politics: One No Trump

Fragile Bird

4 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I know there was no chance of conviction. But if there were White House or Republican legislative aides capable of directly testifying that Trump was aware of the mob, enjoying it, and still withholding backup to law enforcement, I want it that aired in every public forum and entered in every record from here to the end of time.

And I want Cruz and Hawley and Graham to have to confront the live testimony of people they betrayed.

Hear! Hear!

16 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

If this stuff is true, I'm most surprised by the Lincoln Project's astonishing stupidity in apparently thinking this stuff would never come out.

They are republicans so of course they do and don't think it matters.

1 minute ago, Zorral said:

They are republicans so of course they do and don't think it matters.

But when they're aligning with Dems and have Dem employees in what some on the right are calling the new Uniparty, those things have to change. And they didn't catch that.

1 minute ago, Lollygag said:

But when they're aligning with Dems and have Dem employees in what some on the right are calling the new Uniparty, those things have to change. And they didn't catch that.

They've never been punished for anything in their lives and they just all made a shit ton of money of Dems hating Trump.  I don't think they really care.

9 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I know there was no chance of conviction. But if there were White House or Republican legislative aides capable of directly testifying that Trump was aware of the mob, enjoying it, and still withholding backup to law enforcement, I want it that aired in every public forum and entered in every record from here to the end of time.

And I want Cruz and Hawley and Graham to have to confront the live testimony of people they betrayed.

So maybe let's see a committee opened up to ask some of these questions and get more things on record.  I mean, if we can have however many Benghazi inquiries...why not one or two on the idea thatvthere was intent to possibly murder the vice president...?

2 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

So maybe let's see a committee opened up to ask some of these questions and get more things on record.  I mean, if we can have however many Benghazi inquiries...why not one or two on the idea thatvthere was intent to possibly murder the vice president...?

Sure. Maybe there will be some of that later. But the time to get that stuff out is now, when it's part of the biggest political story of the day, not relegated to some subcommittee sideshow.

2 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

They were never "aligning with Dems", this was a grift. These people know who the GOP is, and they were more than happy to profit off it and when they saw their type was falling out of favor, they knew that they knew that morons there were a bunch of morons in the Democratic party who were delusional enough to not see directly though them.

1 minute ago, GrimTuesday said:

They were never "aligning with Dems", this was a grift. These people know who the GOP is, and they were more than happy to profit off it and when they saw their type was falling out of favor, they knew that they knew that morons there were a bunch of morons in the Democratic party who were delusional enough to not see directly though them.

Not mutually exclusive at all. I believe that they strongly believed in what they were doing and their differences were real, but then they risked those things for greed. Which makes them even worse.

If they were out for a grift only, ingratiating themselves with Trump who is about nothing else but that would have been more profitable.

6 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Sure. Maybe there will be some of that later. But the time to get that stuff out is now, when it's part of the biggest political story of the day, not relegated to some subcommittee sideshow.

I know! This isn't what I wanted to see today.  There needed to be witnesses. 

1 minute ago, Lollygag said:

Not mutually exclusive at all. I believe that they strongly believed in what they were doing and their differences were real, but then they risked those things for greed. Which makes them even worse.

If they were out for a grift only, ingratiating themselves with Trump who is about nothing else but that would have been more profitable.

These motherfuckers called themselves mercenaries, they're just following the money. They knew that there was a good chance Trump loses, and that they can just print money playing both sides once the Dems came into office.

But since you think they are genuine, I've got this bridge I'd like to sell you.

Archived