Dogs III - the return of the furbaby thread

Which Tyler

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

It may be too late, but can you show Reese the body?

No.  Actually that was something I had never heard of before - they had the vet come to their house and put Wodie down there.  My brother took care of Reese during that time at our apartment - my sister and BiL didn't want her to experience that.  This all happened yesterday morning/afternoon when I was teaching so I wasn't a part of it at all.

Exercise is something she needs more in general, but like I said, she's overweight, and there's a very identifiable reason for that.  She doesn't like walks.  One of the few dogs I've ever met that does not like walks.  So...yeah, that's a big part of why I'm worried.  Thanks for the concern and input!

7 minutes ago, DMC said:

No.  Actually that was something I had never heard of before - they had the vet come to their house and put Wodie down there.  My brother took care of Reese during that time at our apartment - my sister and BiL didn't want her to experience that.  This all happened yesterday morning/afternoon when I was teaching so I wasn't a part of it at all.

Exercise is something she needs more in general, but like I said, she's overweight, and there's a very identifiable reason for that.  She doesn't like walks.  One of the few dogs I've ever met that does not like walks.  So...yeah, that's a big part of why I'm worried.  Thanks for the concern and input!

That's what we do, have the vet come to the house, much easier on the animal, still being in their own space, more peaceful.  In hindsight, it prob would have been better to expose her to the death, but, water under the bridge.  It isn't always necessary, though, our last cat due to circumstances at the time ,did not have the vet home visit and none of the other cats were disturbed, possibly because they intuitvely knew she was very sick [also a tumor].  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2023 at 4:27 PM, A Horse Named Stranger said:

So only trying to maul you on Sundays? Anyway, was just curious whether she was still with you, or if you had given up.

So in the last week she's bitten my step-brother and my step-dad's sister, the latter on the ass. 

19 hours ago, Spockydog said:

I assume this is in NY. I vaguely recall they put a rule in place, that only dogs carried in bags are to be transported on the trains. Which has let to rather funny scenes involving owners of bigger breeds (likesay Rotties), who ended up using those ikea bags for their furbabies, with holes cut in for the legs.

Well that was fun. The dog made her great escape because my step-brother forgot that you have to close every door before opening a new one. So at 9:30 I'm sprinting barefoot after the dog in a semi busy area. I finally grab her, but she slipped out of her collar as I tried to drag her back. So more running after her, but at least she finally ran home and I got her inside, except the front door was left open and she nearly ran out again.

I guess the positive is physically I'm getting a lot better. Two months ago I'd have no chance to catch her. Still way off from where I was when I broke my foot in November, but I was moving pretty good out there. But fuck are my feet cut up. Jackass dog. 

Edited by Tywin et al.