Football: Alisson Wonderland

polishgenius

Southgate is an idiot. Only a clueless moron would leave out the best RB in the world.

35 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Milan made things really hard on themselves. They have to beat Atalanta to secure top four on the final match day and Atalanta has their number last few years. Would be kinda lame for Juve to sneak in last week.

Things not looking good for Milan. They really fluffed it last night and the team looked completely demoralised with about 15 minutes still to play. I doubt Atalanta would be doing them any favours by playing a second string team either.

I can see the argument for not starting Trent if you feel like you need more defensive solidity down that side, but even as an attacking option England will clearly need someone to open up the opposition a bit more and he’s a great option there. 

Personally he’s one of 2 players I would build the entire side around. If you think he’s not going to give you good enough protection then add some more cover elsewhere. How much defensive cover Southgate is hoping for I don’t know if he’s planning on playing Rice and Phillips again.

Ok maybe if you wanna put Sancho Sterling or Rashford ahead of Trent then maybe you could say that side looks like a defensive weak point. But again, the whole point is to find ways to create cover for those weaknesses 

Thing is Trent is actually a very good defender as well. It's just that Liverpool rely on him so heavily for creativity that he has to play more as a winger or right midfielder which leaves his flank exposed defensively and the opposition usually target Liverpool's right flank because of that in addition to Liverpool having more defensive cover on their left flank (when everyone's fit) i.e. Mane tracks back and helps out defensively a lot more than Salah does, Robertson does not play as advanced as Trent does and VVD is on that side of the defence as well which makes a huge difference

To be honest, I'd like as many Liverpool players as possible to be left out of their national teams for the upcoming Euros.

Players (not just Liverpool players, obviously) need as much rest as they can get before the next season.

3 minutes ago, baxus said:

To be honest, I'd like as many Liverpool players as possible to be left out of their national teams for the upcoming Euros.

Players (not just Liverpool players, obviously) need as much rest as they can get before the next season.

For sure from a fan of the clubs perspective it’s very good news. We can have all our our defenders ready for the full pre season (except Robbo) .  But on a personal level I do feel a little sorry for Trent.

12 minutes ago, baxus said:

Yes, players need some rest.  Not just Liverpool players.  I’d rather see each country hold a national lottery to pick their Euro squads, and just let the professional players have a real break for once.  The AFCON and WC are both happening next year too.

11 hours ago, mormont said:

Lots of pessimism here about Liverpool's chances, but they're on a run of three victories, haven't lost a league match since the beginning of March (20 points from a possible 24 since then), have more points in their last five games than any other team in the league, and the two teams above them play each other on Tuesday. If Leicester win, Liverpool would probably only need four points from the games with Burnley and Crystal Palace.

I appreciate it's very tight, but if Liverpool win their last two they will definitely qualify. That's a position they'd have happily taken at any point in the last few months.

If Liverpool win their final two games, they'll (in all likelihood) finish top four and thus qualify for the CL. I'd still think it's 50-50 for them right now. I don't think four points is gonna cut it. But we'll know more after tomorrow's Chelsea-Leicester match. Burnley are probably the last hurdle for them. I don't think they'll just rollover.

Burnley have lost five of their last seven games including their last three home games. Leeds beat them 4-0 at home last weekend. Palace are probably more of a threat to Liverpool getting their two wins, IMO.

I can't see Chelsea going for Kane. They have enough firepower on the forward line and a manager who will have a preseason to make it work.

I'd much prefer he go to City (specially with Aguero gone, definitely a hole there) than United. With City, he isn't going to strengthen them THAT much primarily because they score shit ton of goals and win most matches anyway. While at United he will be make them instantly title challengers in my head. Him + Bruno have 50 goals in them, and he will also bring out the best in the wingers with his link up play. So I expect Rashford/Martial/the other hyped up young gun (forget his name...) will no doubt add a bunch more goals to their name as well. So the biggest impact will definitely be at United.

The fact that Cavani is staying for another year makes things a bit more complicated at United though. I doubt Kane would wanna be second fiddle to Cavani. Also not sure if Rashford and Martial still prefers to play CF? Or have they accepted their role in the wings?

Kane wouldn't be second fiddle to anyone, but I'm not sure Cavani would be overly chuffed to find himself on the bench all season having finally established himself in the team.

I'd be surprised to see City spend £150-200m on a player, and United could probably make better use of the money in other positions.

Yeah I don’t see him at City. Pep prefers to buy younger players that he can mould to his way of thinking , and City don’t go for completely stupid fees like PSG. 

I really don’t see Kane leaving, I think once a new manager comes in and a couple of new players arrive he might be placated enough to withdraw his request 

Doubt it. Player of his quality will want CL football and a chance to win trophies. Could see Poch going for him if Mbappe leaves but City would be the perfect fit if he wants to keep going after Shearers record. 
also cmon if United got Kane he’s not being benched for Cavani

Archived