Fantasy Football 2021

Whiskeyjack

• 2 weeks later...

So money league draft just ended. It was a standard 10 person snake, 18 rounds with a flex and super flex slot.

QBs: Both Wilsons, Herbert and FitzMagic

RBs: Cook, Sanders, Mostert, Connor, Dillion, Mattison

WRs: Hopkins, Lamb, Anderson, Hardman, T. Williams

TEs: Hockenson

K: Bass

Def: Indy (fucker sniped Denver just before me despite it having a much lower projection)

I really like this draft overall. The roster is pretty balanced and I have some ideal trade flexibility. WR could have gone a little better, but this is such a deep draft at the position.

ETA: It's all coming up Milhouse now!:

"Gifted a juicy draft position (No. 2 overall), Straight Cash Homies had an exceptional performance. Straight Cash Homies are predicted to finish 1st in Battle of the North with a record of 14-1 (3,321 points)."

Got the 5th pick in my off board money league. I think picks 4-8 kind of suck in a snake, tbh. I took Kielce just to feel something. Hate the team, but looking at the rest of the league, there are only two really *good* teams, one really bad one, and nine of us in the sea of mediocrity. QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, TE, K, DST. 0.5PPR, 4 points for a passing TD; 12 teams.

QB: T. Lawrence (J. Fields, T. Lance)

WR: A. Robinson, J. Jones, J. Jeudy (M. Gallup, E. Moore, M. Blades-Scantling)

RB: J. Mixon, M. Davis, R. Jones II (S. Michel, D. Evans)

TE: T. Kelce

K: R. Gould

DST: New England

Felt like I just missed on 3-4 players I wanted, but as mentioned, everyone else’s team sucks also except for the guys in the #1 and 12 spots.

@Prince of the North
@JJ Lannister
@Tywin et al.
@aceluby
@Ser Not Appearing
@Mudguard
@PyroclasticFlow
@Babblebauble
@Bronn Stone
@rocksniffer
@BLU-RAY
@Jaime L
@grozeng

Quick note to everyone about the IR slots.  I've kept them at 5 spots this year, because of the continuing issues we're going to have to deal with from Covid.  But please remember that you are only allowed to use IR spots for players who have one of the following designations:  IR, Pup, Out, or Covid.

Please don't use them for players who are listed as Questionable or Doubtful, even if Yahoo allows you to do it. 

We still need two owners for Dynasty and Keeper leagues.  Drafts are 9/8 (dynasty) and 9/9 (keeper) at 9pm eastern.

We can't start the league without the 2 owners.

Worst case, if you just want to draft and then we can just make sure your roster is starting during the year we can do that.

Launched my own version of the dynasty league here with some friends because I liked the format but wanted to play for money.  I tweaked the rules a bit because it's 2021 and no one plays with standard scoring any more.  We had our start-up last night.  

12 teams, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1SFLEX/2FLEX, .5 PPR 

My team:

QB - Trey Lance - $17
QB - Zach Wilson - $15
QB - Ryan Tannehill - $7
QB - Deshaun Watson - $6
QB - Carson Wentz - $4

RB - Darrell Henderson - $12
RB - Cam Akers - $6
RB - Chase Edmonds - $5
RB - Leonard Fournette - $2
RB - Devin Singletary - $4

WR - Stefon Diggs - $36
WR - Davante Adams - $35
WR - Julio Jones - $5
WR - Odell Beckham - $8
WR - Elijah Moore - $5
WR - Terrace Marshall - $6
WR - DeVante Parker - $1
WR - Antonio Brown - $5
WR - Marquez Callaway - $3

TE - Logan Thomas - $11

I normally go pretty hard after RBs, but the way this draft played out had them going for prices I was just unwilling to pay early, so instead I exploited a market inefficiency at WR, as they were going for crazy low prices and we can start four to five of them each week.  I opted to punt at RB instead and just picked up scraps here and there to get me through the season, and I locked down Akers at a cheap price and will certainly give him four years.

QBs after the first wave were also going for relative bargains compared to the ones nominated early, so I grabbed as many as I could knowing I can always trade them later.  Felt a little dirty bidding on Watson, but it's tough to pass up a star QB in superflex at six bucks.  He might not play this year, but I don't need him to.

My money auction draft was tonight, and it was another auction I was really happy with.  1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 FLX, 1 D, 1 K. Murray is going to be a stud for me, my RB/FLX combo are all guys who should get 20+ touches, and my WR core are all top guys with really high ceilings.  Took some risks for my bench, but I think they were pretty solid for the risk.

QB - Murray (Fields)

RB - Chubb, Carson, CEH, (Conner, Carter)

WR - Hopkins, McLaurin, Cooper (Smith, Pitts, Williams, Brown, Gage)

D - MN

K - Zuerlein 

9 hours ago, aceluby said:

My money auction draft was tonight, and it was another auction I was really happy with.  1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 FLX, 1 D, 1 K. Murray is going to be a stud for me, my RB/FLX combo are all guys who should get 20+ touches, and my WR core are all top guys with really high ceilings.  Took some risks for my bench, but I think they were pretty solid for the risk.

QB - Murray (Fields)

RB - Chubb, Carson, CEH, (Conner, Carter)

WR - Hopkins, McLaurin, Cooper (Smith, Pitts, Williams, Brown, Gage)

D - MN

K - Zuerlein 

Looks like a great team, good job.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Agreed, but I'd ditch Minny's D. 

I am, I usually stream a D in this league and was hoping someone would be stupid enough to bid $2 as the league has a bunch of Vikings homers (Dalvin went for $75 and Jefferson went for $50)

8 minutes ago, aceluby said:

I am, I usually stream a D in this league and was hoping someone would be stupid enough to bid $2 as the league has a bunch of Vikings homers (Dalvin went for $75 and Jefferson went for $50)

Jesus. I personally try to avoid Vikings players. 

Did my 12 team, 0 PPR league recently.  Redraft.  I had the second overall pick.

QB: Ryan Tannehill

RB: Dalvin Cook, D'Andre Swift, Javonte Williams, AJ Dillon, Tevin Coleman

WR: Stefon Diggs, Brandon Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Antonio Brown, Tyler Boyd, Marquez Callaway, Terrace Marshall

TE: Darren Waller

K: Tyler Bass

D/ST: Packers

I typically go for a more RB heavy approach in this league, but by my second pick, every RB I would have been willing to draft in round two was gone, so I went with Waller, and then Diggs in the third when he fell.

I'm a bit thinner than I like at RB on the whole as a result of pivoting, but I love my WRs and I've got a top five guy at RB/WR/TE.  Top three in two of those.  QB is fine.  Tannehill is basically my "pull lever in case of emergency" QB.  He's just about the last QB I'm willing to take in a single QB league before the position gets gross.  I like a lot of the rookie QBs, but there's no point in drafting guys like Fields or Lance who might not start for three weeks.  They'll be on waivers by the time they're actually putting up fantasy stats.

We are good for Dynasty but still need 2 people to draft Thursday at 9pm for Keeper.  Anyone interested.  If you don't want to manage the team all year, we can take it over after the draft.

ME's team is really good though if someone wants a good keeper team to be in the league

Archived