Football: Forever blowing bubbles...or more?

A Horse Named Stranger

8 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

Divock Origi! He might not actually be much good but bloody hell he’s racking up the big goals in his Liverpool career.

Almost every year, I think that LFC should probably sell him and use the cash on a probable starting forward.  And every year, he pulls a rabbit out of a hat, and I think, "Holy cats, I sure am glad that Divock Origi is still a Red!"

Yeah. Inter won handily.

I'm certainly no fan of Mourinho but to be fair to him the quality of Roma's squad is 6th or 7th best. Thus far he's done just about as well as could be expected with the quality of the squad he has. He's actually set Roma up to play more attacking than I thought he would but he's lost his touch when it comes to defensive organisation and that's continuing with Roma.

14 hours ago, polishgenius said:

lol he's melting down already

Could give him a list of jobs that are more difficult than his but earn less, would be very long!

I'm not sure what Roma's expectations for the season are but it doesn't look like he's getting them anywhere so yeah, could be the beginnings of another meltdown. Wonder where he goes next if he fails at Roma. Back to Portugal?

Amazing how such a once successful manager could go off the boil so badly, I guess he got left behind by the game, like a modern George Graham.

12 minutes ago, Darryk said:

Could give him a list of jobs that are more difficult than his but earn less, would be very long!

I'm not sure what Roma's expectations for the season are but it doesn't look like he's getting them anywhere so yeah, could be the beginnings of another meltdown. Wonder where he goes next if he fails at Roma. Back to Portugal?

Amazing how such a once successful manager could go off the boil so badly, I guess he got left behind by the game, like a modern George Graham.

He reminds me more of Wenger really, in so much as when he came to the Prem his ideas were new and revolutionary in comparison to what was already there. But slowly newer and better methods and ideas came in and he never quite caught up. You can’t sit still and expect others to not innovate. Playing 3 in midfield and periodisation is only gonna give you  foot up for so long.

But otherwise I feel there has been a personality shift from him and he’s just a broken man who isn’t able to adjust to the downward curve of his career. 

I’d expect him to go to some high paying back water next or take up national team management somwhere equally lucrative.

Archived