Tully Madness

Sydney Mae

• 2 weeks later...

Bran is Cat Tully's son.  He too carries the insanity genetics like his mom and aunt.  Give him too many visions of horror and his mind will break as easily as Arya's did. 

On 8/14/2023 at 12:10 PM, Moiraine Sedai said:

Bran has a chance to avoid the taint of insanity if he can obey Bloodraven and stick to Greenseeing. But his hope will be gone if he should follow Arya into taking revenge. A Bran who uses warging and skinchanging to carry out revenge will be an abomination. 

On 8/25/2023 at 10:45 PM, Roswell said:

Bran is Cat Tully's son.  He too carries the insanity genetics like his mom and aunt.  Give him too many visions of horror and his mind will break as easily as Arya's did. 

Bran’s mind link with his dw is very strong. Primal instincts filtering through could diminish his humanity. Bran might not go mad the way of Arya. He’ll just be less human. Not Arya-nuts but just as violent and as homicidal.  

On 9/1/2023 at 11:36 AM, The Commentator said:

Bran’s mind link with his dw is very strong. Primal instincts filtering through could diminish his humanity. Bran might not go mad the way of Arya. He’ll just be less human. Not Arya-nuts but just as violent and as homicidal.  

Arya is the most violent of the Starks.  I am expecting Arya to mass murder thousands because of her revenge focused, deranged mind.  Jon and Rickon will be tied I think.  Bran is calm and peaceful in most cases but he might lose it after the tree vision shows him what happened to Jon.  Bran doesn't have the maturity to understand why the black crows executed his brother.  He is likely to use his powers to do a lot of terrible things. 

Bran is the most probable culprit (with Jon being second) to release the Wights into Westeros.  Talk of Jon's death will travel to Braavos and it will push Arya even more towards a maniacal urge to murder.  Arya will die and that will be the button that pushes Bran to release hell on Westeros. 

6 hours ago, Roswell said:

Bran is the most probable culprit (with Jon being second) to release the Wights into Westeros.  Talk of Jon's death will travel to Braavos and it will push Arya even more towards a maniacal urge to murder.  Arya will die and that will be the button that pushes Bran to release hell on Westeros.

This is just silly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 8:47 AM, Sydney Mae said:

The Tully sisters went mad.  Catelyn Tully-Stark and Lysa Tully-Arryn were showing signs of madness and emotional fragility.  Lysa had it from her youth to her death.  Catelyn lost it at the wedding.  She cut Aegon Frey's throat and killed him.  Catelyn went mad that minute.  There is insanity in the Tully blood.  Robb, Sansa, Arya, Bran, and Rickon are half Tully.  Cat's brood inherited the gene predisposing them to insanity.  I know stress can trigger the disease.   

Sansa and Arya.  The Tullys are passing the gene down on the females.  The Targaryens passed it down through their males.  

On 1/15/2023 at 5:47 PM, Sydney Mae said:

The Tully sisters went mad.  Catelyn Tully-Stark and Lysa Tully-Arryn were showing signs of madness and emotional fragility.  Lysa had it from her youth to her death.  Catelyn lost it at the wedding.  She cut Aegon Frey's throat and killed him.  Catelyn went mad that minute.  There is insanity in the Tully blood.  Robb, Sansa, Arya, Bran, and Rickon are half Tully.  Cat's brood inherited the gene predisposing them to insanity.  I know stress can trigger the disease.   

The same thing that happened to Catelyn will happen to Arya.  Jon's death will have the same effect on Arya as did the death of Robb to Catelyn.  First, the rage and the madness.  Then Arya will kill an innocent bystander and then her own death will quickly follow.  The Others will bring back an incomplete Arya just like Beric has done to Catelyn. 

Everybody who has been brought back is incomplete.  It's like jumpstarting a car.  The battery is still bad and the broken parts are there.  The car is running on borrowed time.  Like Catelyn, Jon, and what may happen to Arya.  The only one who has brought back better (BBB) is Dany when she called the dragons back from death.  Her dragons came back strong and very healthy. 

On 8/26/2023 at 9:45 AM, Roswell said:

Bran is being exposed to horrors.  Most of those horrific things were done by his own ancestors.  It is Arya though who has already lost some of her sanity. 

On 9/19/2023 at 1:17 PM, Bowen Marsh said:

The same thing that happened to Catelyn will happen to Arya.  Jon's death will have the same effect on Arya as did the death of Robb to Catelyn.  First, the rage and the madness.  Then Arya will kill an innocent bystander and then her own death will quickly follow.  The Others will bring back an incomplete Arya just like Beric has done to Catelyn. 

Injuries are not healed when the dead are brought back.  What killed them are serious injuries.  They do not get repaired by the resurrection ritual.  Arya will carry the physical damage but what is left of her mind will be tucked away in her wolf.  Nym will be one crazy direwolf with part of Arya's mind in her. 

20 hours ago, Son of Man said:

Everybody who has been brought back is incomplete.  It's like jumpstarting a car.  The battery is still bad and the broken parts are there.  The car is running on borrowed time.  Like Catelyn, Jon, and what may happen to Arya.  The only one who has brought back better (BBB) is Dany when she called the dragons back from death.  Her dragons came back strong and very healthy. 

The dragons were not dead because of injury or the body giving out because of old age.  The species just went extinct.  The vitality of the dragons were connected to the vitality and strength of the Targaryen family.  Daenerys is very strong mentally and she has a strong will.  That means Drogon, Rhaegal, and Viserion are strong. 

Edited by Kierria

2 minutes ago, Kierria said:

Injuries are not healed when the dead are brought back.  What killed them are serious injuries.  They do not get repaired by the resurrection ritual.  Arya will carry the physical damage but what is left of her mind will be tucked away in her wolf.  Nym will be one crazy direwolf with part of Arya's mind in her. 

The dragons were not dead because of injury or the body giving out because of old age.  The species just went extinct.  The vitality of the dragons were connected to the vitality and strength of the Targaryen family.  Daenerys is very strong mentally and she has a strong will.  That means Drogon, Rhaegar, and Viserion are strong. 

Breaking news: Rhaegar is dead. 

On 9/18/2023 at 7:28 PM, SaffronLady said:

Methinks it is the Lothston-Whent-Tully sisters madness gene theory. But then it is just a theory.

The Whents aren't descended from the Lothstons, so that theory has no legs either.  The Whents got Harrenhal as a reward for their role in unseating the Lothstons, not because they were next in the line of inheritance.  I would expect that if there was a familial relationship and it mattered, we would have heard by now.

Edited by Nevets

5 hours ago, Nevets said:

I would expect that if there was a familial relationship and it mattered, we would have heard by now.

With GRRM burying the light deep within, I'd say I don't expect quick answers. I would accept that there is madness passed on to the Stark children through the bats ... if GRRM actually writes it down in TWOW or further installments.

8 hours ago, SaffronLady said:

With GRRM burying the light deep within, I'd say I don't expect quick answers. I would accept that there is madness passed on to the Stark children through the bats ... if GRRM actually writes it down in TWOW or further installments.

Well, yes, and never say never, but ofc we have had five rather large books that trumpet on about Targaryen madness, a widely known and remarked upon phenomenon in story that is acknowledged even by family members (Aemon in conversation with Jon) but nothing at all about the mythical Stark/Tully madness which exists only on this forum or other internet sites for the empty purpose of point scoring and flag waving while sticking it to the libs "Starks fans".