Succession final season (spoilers)

Mark Antony

Yeah, 

Spoiler

My first reaction was that it was a bit soap, but then I thought back and yeah, they made a whole thing over her efforts to get pregnant before so there is good groundwork.

I loved how much it felt like the maneuverings after the death of a king, down to "Long live the kings!" from hapless Greg.

LOLed with his chancing "Greg with a question mark" next to it meant he was going to be Kendall's #2.

It's also painfully obvious that Logan scratched out Kendall's name.

Really good episode. Anyone feel Hugo's situation is going to cause a problem down the line for Kendall? He turns to him to do dirty work to blacken his father's name and put forward that they were puppet masters, but he knows Hugo is going to be fucked with the SEC once they notice what his daughter did.

Anyone up for some predictions? 

I'm seeing a Roman/Carrie development, given Roman's Oedipus complex. I think part of his interest in Gerri is thinking that his dad was there first. Not sure where that would go, but it would probably lead to Roman getting owned by Marcia. 

Connor will probably have some election influence with his .9%. No idea where that would lead, but I can see him getting the NarcoCapitalist (the Dem) running elected, putting him at odds with ATN.

Kendall is going to flame out, obviously. Could see a Marcia development here, given what she knows about him, and seeing as Colin is working for her now. 

Shiv and Tom come out on top, whatever that is. 

Greg - no idea. But everyone hates Greg, and he's been pretty horrible. Back to the parks throwing up out of Goofy's eyeholes?

Edited by Relic

@Chataya de Fleury

Surely Kendall and Hugo can deny that conversation, though? Hugo can't deny his phone records with his daughter, but he spoke privately with Kendall. I guess his siblings might say they saw them talking, but... I suspect there's enough room for Kendall to skate, anyways, so long as there isn't any paper trail.

@Relic

Speaking of Colin, he looked genuinely heartbroken at the end of the previous episode.

I feel like Tom's document issues are not done with. Surely Greg did not just delete it, did he? He's learned enough to hold on to some dirt.

Greg can probably end up being bought off with a tiny golden parachute -- move him to executive position over the theme park, clause that he gets a fat multi-million payout if relieved of duty, GoJo buys the company and promptly closes the theme park, triggering the payout. 

I do think Kendall's very likely to flame out, though.

Edited by Ran

3 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Aaah, but we have Hugo being pressured to do dirty deeds by Kendall. Hugo has zero motivation to do that on his own. This would be good evidence, IMO, that Kendall has a hold over Hugo, and we know what that hold is.

We do, but it's all still verbal, right? If Hugo ends up in a pinch I can see him blabbing, of course, but would the SEC just take Hugo's word for it that he had told Kendall about the situation? His doing dirty comms work when I expect that's what he generally did anyways wouldn't seem like much evidence.

If Hugo keeps coming around to his SEC problem, I'd definitely be careful of any further incriminating conversations if I were Kendall, though. And no stray texts or e-mails...

Yeah it's hard to imagine that Logan would go back and underline Kendall's name for effect. 

2 hours ago, Relic said:

Could see a Marcia development here, given what she knows about him, and seeing as Colin is working for her now.

Could they really do anything with the dead waiter? At this point they've covered up what happened as much as Kendall. Assuming Kendall told the authorities the true story and they believed him, what charges would he even be facing? 

On 4/13/2023 at 10:30 PM, Winterfell is Burning said:

Key difference is that Logan seems much more rational than Murdoch. Can't see him genuinely believing all the non-sense Murdoch does. 

I was listening to this one podcast which says that Logan, in terms of character, resembles Redstone more than Murdoch.

4 hours ago, Ran said:

Yeah, 

Hide contents

LOLed with his chancing "Greg with a question mark" next to it meant he was going to be Kendall's #2.

It's also painfully obvious that Logan scratched out Kendall's name.

Really good episode. Anyone feel Hugo's situation is going to cause a problem down the line for Kendall? He turns to him to do dirty work to blacken his father's name and put forward that they were puppet masters, but he knows Hugo is going to be fucked with the SEC once they notice what his daughter did.

I'm pretty sure that was a wink to the fan theory that was popular during the early seasons.

Spoiler

I still believe. 

Really? To me it looks like he clearly intended to underline it but his poor health makes it look like he's scratching it out halfway. It's also hilarious that Kendall is intact, but Logan Roy is scratched out.

Yep, I wonder who he'll turn to once Hugo is gone.

2 hours ago, Relic said:

Greg - no idea. But everyone hates Greg, and he's been pretty horrible. Back to the parks throwing up out of Goofy's eyeholes?

Nah, Greg always improves his station with every passing season, he's the Bronn of this show.

3 minutes ago, Cashless Society said:

I'm pretty sure that was a wink to the fan theory that was popular during the early seasons.

What was the theory?

3 minutes ago, Cashless Society said:

To me it looks like he clearly intended to underline it but his poor health makes it look like he's scratching it out halfway. It's also hilarious that Kendall is intact, but Logan Roy is scratched out.

The way I reason it is that there was nothing that happened in the last 18 months that would make him decide that Kendall could ever run the empire. Just think about all the nuts stuff Kendall has been through in that time. On top of that, if he meant to underline it, he would have gone, "Shit, it looks like I crossed it out, lets underline a few more times for emphasis, or break out the eraser:" Whereas if it was a sloppy attempt at crossing out, he'd shrug and say, "That's enough, they know I fucking don't trust the boy to run anything."

11 minutes ago, Ran said:

What was the theory?

The way I reason it is that there was nothing that happened in the last 18 months that would make him decide that Kendall could ever run the empire. Just think about all the nuts stuff Kendall has been through in that time. On top of that, if he meant to underline it, he would have gone, "Shit, it looks like I crossed it out, lets underline a few more times for emphasis, or break out the eraser:" Whereas if it was a sloppy attempt at crossing out, he'd shrug and say, "That's enough, they know I fucking don't trust the boy to run anything."

That Greg would end up taking over Waystar Royco.

The timeline of the show is really wonky, but 18 months would be sometime in season 2. At that point Roman and Kendall were vying it out to see who would be Logan's number 2 in the proxy war, and Shiv rejoined the company. I could definitely see the underlining as Logan putting in a note to revisit whether Kendall should still be running the company. Given everything that went down during season 3, the document may have slipped his mind. 

32 minutes ago, Cashless Society said:

That Greg would end up taking over Waystar Royco.

The timeline of the show is really wonky, but 18 months would be sometime in season 2. At that point Roman and Kendall were vying it out to see who would be Logan's number 2 in the proxy war, and Shiv rejoined the company. I could definitely see the underlining as Logan putting in a note to revisit whether Kendall should still be running the company. Given everything that went down during season 3, the document may have slipped his mind. 

I did wonder a year or so sgo if Logan, forced to pick a successor by the board, would pick Greg as a puppet (also to piss off his brother). Greg would think he’d won - for 5 minutes, and the series would end with Logan dying and the kids circling like vultures, with Greg realising he was fucked.

Edited by Derfel Cadarn

I still have no idea what will happen.  Given what I think is the general mindset of the showrunner(s), I expect it will be on the grim side personally but everyone will stay very rich.  The Murdoch brothers in real life apparently no longer speak to each other, the daughter does her own thing, some kind of production company I think.  

6 hours ago, Relic said:

Anyone up for some predictions? 

I'm seeing a Roman/Carrie development, given Roman's Oedipus complex. I think part of his interest in Gerri is thinking that his dad was there first. Not sure where that would go, but it would probably lead to Roman getting owned by Marcia. 

Connor will probably have some election influence with his .9%. No idea where that would lead, but I can see him getting the NarcoCapitalist (the Dem) running elected, putting him at odds with ATN.

Kendall is going to flame out, obviously. Could see a Marcia development here, given what she knows about him, and seeing as Colin is working for her now. 

Shiv and Tom come out on top, whatever that is. 

I agree both with Kendall and Connor- with the latter, they seem to be hinting that with his swing states tour, all states that Trump won by a narrow margin in 2016 to give him the election. I think Tom is toast, and Shiv will abandon the company in the end. None of the family will be in charge.