NFL Draft 2023: Little Black Books edition

Jace, Extat

2 hours ago, Mexal said:

Achilles tear.

Still too early to know that, but it would be hilarious if he literally only throws one pass for the Jets. 

Also, Josh Allen sucked in this game. Jets have a good D, but he shouldn't have looked that bad. 

I really feel bad for Jets fans. They finally got what they thought was the missing piece to a SB run and he never even gets to complete a pass. 

I've never liked the guy but you gotta feel for him.

This could be Wilson' big break. Got some tutelage under Rodgers and maybe he can be the one to carry them forward. 

Rodgers confirmed to have a torn achilles.  Out for season, and there's a good chance that's the end of his career.  Achilles injuries are hard to come back from, and he might not be 100% a year from now.  Very real chance he just hangs it up. 

If so, that is a shitty end to an incredible career.  Very unfortunate for him and for all the Jets fans out there. 

Ah fuck. And just when my little Jets heart was finally beginning to thaw after over a decade of being out in the cold.

Although, this does open the slimmest possible window of Tom Brady dressing up as a Jet, which would be objectively hilarious.

3 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I mean, trading away a ton of draft capital and pinning all your hopes on an injury prone 39 year old was always a pretty big risk.  There's a reason other teams didn't really want him. 

Yeah, it was a high risk, high (possible) reward move and, of course, they pretty much got maximally punished for it.  Like I said though, this is nothing new, it's actually the expectation one should have as a Jets fan.

Just now, Fez said:

Although, this does open the slimmest possible window of Tom Brady dressing up as a Jet, which would be objectively hilarious.

I'd personally rather another lifetime of losing as opposed to that.

I kind of thought this was the standard lifecycle for problematic but talented Green Bay QBs - they get fed up with Green Bay because they're douchebags, go to the Jets, look horrible, and then go to Minnesota to almost win the playoffs. 

42 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Rodgers confirmed to have a torn achilles.  Out for season, and there's a good chance that's the end of his career.  Achilles injuries are hard to come back from, and he might not be 100% a year from now.  Very real chance he just hangs it up. 

If so, that is a shitty end to an incredible career.  Very unfortunate for him and for all the Jets fans out there. 

I think this it's over. If he tore his ACL he could probably comeback next year if he wanted to, but Achilles injuries are a different animal. We're not that far removed from that injury ending players' careers in their mid 20's. It's really hard to see him coming back from this and lowkey part of why he's been up and down over the last few years is because he can't move like he use to anymore. Rodgers at 28 might have escaped the couple hits he took last night, but he's a statue now and this will just make that worse. 

19 minutes ago, Fez said:

Ah fuck. And just when my little Jets heart was finally beginning to thaw after over a decade of being out in the cold.

Look on the bright side, at least you aren't going to lose your first rounder next year.

However, to get Brady I believe you would have to send a pick to Tampa. 

But it would be so funny if they did acquire him and Brady leads them to the Owl. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

But it would be so funny if they did acquire him and Brady leads them to the Owl. 

Could you imagine a miracle happened and Ton and the Jets faced LV Raiders in the AFC championship game, talk about conflict of interest!

Immediate gratification for another ring w another team vs raising the value of his, still to be voted on, share in the Raiders if they won!!

45 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Could you imagine a miracle happened and Ton and the Jets faced LV Raiders in the AFC championship game, talk about conflict of interest!

Immediate gratification for another ring w another team vs raising the value of his, still to be voted on, share in the Raiders if they won!!

Well I can't imagine that because the Raiders aren't good, and if Brady were to come back he would have to divest in the team.

An owner made a racist comment? No, it can't be:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38387165/bills-owner-terry-pegula-made-racist-comment-lawsuit-alleges

Interesting wrinkle is Pegula's daughter is doubles partners with Coco Gauff. 

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

However, to get Brady I believe you would have to send a pick to Tampa. 

Hi, my name is grozeng and I am a 40+ year Jets fan...

After the really crappy weekend I had, I joked the only thing that appropriate end to the weekend would be if Rodgers got hurt during the game and I had to watch Wilson for the rest of the year.  So clearly, I jinxed this.

Anyway, there is video out there where you see the Achilles pop. It's kind of disturbing.

I read somewhere that Brady's contract with Tampa is done so nothing would be lost if they signed him.  I really hope they don't.  The only QB I don't like more than Rodgers is Brady.  Although I started to like Rodgers after Hard Knocks.  He really seemed like he was enjoying himself and teaching the young guys.

1 hour ago, grozeng said:

Hi, my name is grozeng and I am a 40+ year Jets fan...

After the really crappy weekend I had, I joked the only thing that appropriate end to the weekend would be if Rodgers got hurt during the game and I had to watch Wilson for the rest of the year.  So clearly, I jinxed this.

You can still blame Jaxom.

Anyway, there is video out there where you see the Achilles pop. It's kind of disturbing.

I've watched it a few times and don't see an obvious tear. I thought he just rolled his ankle or something.

I read somewhere that Brady's contract with Tampa is done so nothing would be lost if they signed him.  I really hope they don't.  The only QB I don't like more than Rodgers is Brady.  Although I started to like Rodgers after Hard Knocks.  He really seemed like he was enjoying himself and teaching the young guys.

Last I heard was if he was still trying to get to Miami they'd have to offer them something. But yeah, I wouldn't want him either with that line. There are some back ups though that are better options than Wilson. The one I really don't get that people are talking about is bringing in Cam. He's extra washed. 

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

You can still blame Jaxom.

I've watched it a few times and don't see an obvious tear. I thought he just rolled his ankle or something.

I think it was the way his calf quivered in slow mo as all the tension in lower leg got released.  I for one blame Pod.