On and On About Harry & Meghan Part 4

Fragile Bird

18 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

She has been actively working for literally years to harm the family and the institution they represent.  That is vile and is in a class by itself.  

Ok, I didn't care much but now I'm really on her side. To think that she could do more damage than the pedophilia, extravagance, and racism that family is now steeped in is quite impressive.

4 minutes ago, Week said:

Ok, I didn't care much but now I'm really on her side. To think that she could do more damage than the pedophilia, extravagance, and racism that family is now steeped in is quite impressive.

When did they change the definition of pedophilia to 17 year olds?  You might want to alert the authorities since the vast majority of countries including the UK and most of the US have the age of consent at 16.  As for racism, that's a claim Meghan  has made, I guess if you find her honest and credible, that's up to you.  I'll give you extravagance, but that's baked into the cake, that's part of of the appeal.  I was personally disappointed the royals didn't break out the tiaras for Charles coronation.  What's the point of having dozens of nearly priceless tiaras if no one wears them because some dips***  bolshevik wannabes are going to start blabbing about the they should be sold off to fund road repair.

Sorry, I'll replace pedophilia with paying to rape teenagers edit: and actively working to cover up the crime.. Does that make you happier?

As for racism, we absolutely do not need one word from Meghan to know that the royal family is a racist institution. As most are that have existed for as long as they have.

Edited by Week

4 minutes ago, Week said:

Sorry, I'll replace pedophilia with paying to rape teenagers edit: and actively working to cover up the crime.. Does that make you happier?

As for racism, we absolutely do not need one word from Meghan to know that the royal family is a racist institution. As most are that have existed for as long as they have.

Ah, so no evidence needed then.  Just guilty as [not] charged. I thought as much.

7 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Ah, so no evidence needed then.  Just guilty as [not] charged. I thought as much.

This is sad shit that you are trotting out to further justifying your obsession with Harry and Meghan that really does not seem healthy. More than sad, disgusting really.

Wasn't it like a week ago that you patted yourself on the back for how few posts you had recently made in this thread? I'd advise that you go back to whatever healthy hobby or coping mechanism you had found yourself to avoid these slavering diatribes.

1 minute ago, Week said:

This is sad shit that you are trotting out to further justifying your obsession with Harry and Meghan that really does not seem healthy. More than sad, disgusting really.

Wasn't it like a week ago that you patted yourself on the back for how few posts you had recently made in this thread? I'd advise that you go back to whatever healthy hobby or coping mechanism you had found yourself to avoid these slavering diatribes.

Really?  On a web site where thousands of words have been spent on the importance of a lemon tree in a fictional universe, and you fear for my mental health over a few dozen posts about the British royal family?  Try harder.

38 minutes ago, Week said:

Straight for the personal attack jugular as soon as anyone argues back.. oooh what a surprise.

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

Eh? No I’m saying if the Queen learnt to keep quiet and keep her arsehole nature from public view maybe Meghan could have learnt to shut up in the same way. 

So continue the lie by being quiet? That's great...

It's also worth noting Meghan hasn't actually said all that much and her opinions are not very controversial. But she gets harassed in an unusual way. Perhaps ask yourself why that's happening. The answer should be pretty obvious and it's not because she's a jerk when she married into a faimly of jerks. 

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

I don't agree they are far worse.  At the worst, they're simply trying to hold onto their positions, I can't blame them, I would do the same.  Meghan has taken all of the privilege, the fame and the money that comes with that family's unique position and spit on it.  She has been actively working for literally years to harm the family and the institution they represent.  That is vile and is in a class by itself.  

So holding on to a multi generational grifting power structure is worse than marrying into it? Okay buddy. 

And I'd burn it all down too because again, the royals are talentless idiots who think they're better than all of us because of their birth. There are not good people and you're sucker to believe so. Frankly Harry is one of the few honest ones among them. 

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

As for racism, that's a claim Meghan  has made, I guess if you find her honest and credible, that's up to you.  

And Harry has said it about his own family. Are you seriously going to argue the family that oversaw the British Empire that was incredibly cruel to minorities all over the world isn't racist? Their wealth is stacked on the dead bodies of black and brown people. Not everyone of them is going to sign up to join the KKK, but a lot of them would if they could and I suspect most of the rest simply don't care. They're not good people. Get that through your head. H&M are largely getting attacked for pointing out the obvious even if they're also jackasses. Focus on the main problem, not the thing on the side that doesn't really matter. 

8 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

So continue the lie by being quiet? That's great...

It's also worth noting Meghan hasn't actually said all that much and her opinions are not very controversial. But she gets harassed in an unusual way. Perhaps ask yourself why that's happening. The answer should be pretty obvious and it's not because she's a jerk when she married into a faimly of jerks. 

So holding on to a multi generational grifting power structure is worse than marrying into it? Okay buddy. 

And I'd burn it all down too because again, the royals are talentless idiots who think they're better than all of us because of their birth. There are not good people and you're sucker to believe so. Frankly Harry is one of the few honest ones among them. 

You keep saying that, they're not good people, but on what evidence.  What is wrong with Princess Anne?  Or her children?  Or Andrew's children?  Or Edward?  How are they bad people?  Why was the Queen a bad person?

I do believe Harry is dishonest and is not a good person as evidenced by his factual statements and behavior.

You know the royals haven't had any power in centuries right?  That during the peak of Empire, they were already figureheads.  Queen Victoria was just branding by that point.  I mean, I'm sure she enjoyed getting all the jewels, but blaming the royals for colonialism is not accurate unless you want to go way back to the Stuarts and the Tudors.  The Windsors have always been just window dressing with no real power.

12 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

You keep saying that, they're not good people, but on what evidence.  What is wrong with Princess Anne?  Or her children?  Or Andrew's children?  Or Edward?  How are they bad people?  Why was the Queen a bad person?

I don't care about the figures who don't matter. The Queen gave off every negative vibe you guys lay at Meghan's feet and then some and again, protected her son who probably slept with a lot of underaged girls. 

I do believe Harry is dishonest and is not a good person as evidenced by his factual statements and behavior.

Is his father, the king, a good person? 

You know the royals haven't had any power in centuries right?  That during the peak of Empire, they were already figureheads.  Queen Victoria was just branding by that point.  I mean, I'm sure she enjoyed getting all the jewels, but blaming the royals for colonialism is not accurate unless you want to go way back to the Stuarts and the Tudors.  The Windsors have always been just window dressing with no real power.

Stop. They've had a ton of power, wealth and influence. Just because they're not running the government doesn't mean they have a ton of control and we know they've been using the media to manipulate the public for ages. Quite being so naïve. 

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I don't care about the figures who don't matter. The Queen gave off every negative vibe you guys lay at Meghan's feet and then some and again, protected her son who probably slept with a lot of underaged girls. 

Is his father, the king, a good person? 

Stop. They've had a ton of power, wealth and influence. Just because they're not running the government doesn't mean they have a ton of control and we know they've been using the media to manipulate the public for ages. Quite being so naïve. 

They don't have any control.  They're basking in the dwindling light of past centuries and the affection of people like me who like pagentry, tradition and big jewels.  The very fact, that as Harry says, they have to have strategies to pacify the tabloids tells you they have no real power.  They are at the mercy of the media and have been for several decades. Harry is right when he says they're trapped in a mutual relationship there.

I get it, you don't like the royals or the aristocracy, that's fine.  But you attribute to them all kinds of powers and bad behavior for which there is no actual evidence.

Charles is weak and probably arrogant.  I don't know if he meets the threshold for 'bad person', he was an environmentalist years before it became mainstream.   I think you're in the distinct minority on getting evil vibes from the 96 year old grandma.  She always seemed like a nice lady to me, nothing special, no great intellect or talent there, but a nice lady who was doing what she saw as her duty.  We can just agree to disagree here.

18 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

No, he said they weren’t racist. He had to clarify and dig himself out of the big hole Meghan dug him in

That was so strange.  If he never intended for his family to be branded racists as a result of that interview, why not correct the record at the time?  Why let those accusations go on and on for years until he randomly asserts, oh no, not racist, we never said that, it was the media.  

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

That was so strange.  If he never intended for his family to be branded racists as a result of that interview, why not correct the record at the time?  Why let those accusations go on and on for years until he randomly asserts, oh no, not racist, we never said that, it was the media.  

It’s not like he was going to turn around during Oprah and go ‘no Meghan you are wrong’ , and once she says stuff he basically has to go along with it. That he tried to just blame it on the media I guess is his way of correcting her by not correcting her. It’s was Boris Johnson level spin.

7 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

How can you guarantee its baseless speculation?  Indeed, one of Harry's chief complaints about the palace staff was that they would not answer 'all of it' and he was again and again advised that it was both foolish and impossible to address every single dumb story.  Harry's MO is to threaten to sue over stories he considers false, exactly what he did over the stupid Lilibet kerfluffle.  It is a reasonable conclusion that if they don't deny something there is a reason for it. 

It would be interesting that anyone who is almost 40 would be considering a name change as part of a rebranding effort.  I have no idea why anyone at this point defends either of these two strange and unkind people.  Prince Harry, he who barely graduated from UK version of high school and has never had a job thinks his peer group is Putin, Zuckerberg and the Pope.  That is beyond laughable.  

News about the royals is entertaining for some people, some many millions of people, including me.  I don't need to 'touch grass' but thanks for the concern.  Bless your heart.

Yeah, bullshit.

It’s baseless speculation because a) No one can read their thoughts (ie “what they are considering”) and b) there’s no plausible source for this story; unless whoever is reporting it has a microphone in their bedroom or at their kitchen table. The palace comms people are no longer in the loop and anyone the Sussexes would confide in don’t deal with the tabloids.

You know how I know? Lillibet’s christening was only reported after the fact (a story the tabloids would have paid serious money for) and Harry’s first court appearance. They didn’t even know he was in the country until after his fucking plane landed. 

And you never answered my question: what result would you approve of? Whether or not they changed their name to “Spencer”, what result wouldn’t garner criticism from you? Most people don’t even know them by their last names anyway.

Never had a job? False. And spare me the, “eat the rich” malarkey. You were the one who brought up the fucking tiara nonsense a few threads back. 

2 hours ago, Heartofice said:

No, he said they weren’t racist. He had to clarify and dig himself out of the big hole Meghan dug him in

He said they weren't racist after acknowledging there was racism. And if you think overall the royal family isn't on the top racist, okay, I hear mosquitoes are nice too. 

2 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

They don't have any control.  

What? They have the leading political party licking their boots and the media largely helps them out. That's power even if they don't actually control anything. 

I get it, you don't like the royals or the aristocracy, that's fine.  But you attribute to them all kinds of powers and bad behavior for which there is no actual evidence.

Actually there's a wealth of evidence and we only know a tiny bit about it. I suspect there's so much more behind closed doors which is why it's odd for people to say good on those who keep them shut. 

She always seemed like a nice lady to me, 

This is hilarious. She wouldn't breath the same air as you dude. Nothing about her gave off nice unless you just listened to a few speeches that other people wrote for her. Idk why people romanticize her when the best thing you can say about her is she never said anything publicly while her people privately were always trying to influence the media. 

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Yeah, bullshit.

It’s baseless speculation because a) No one can read their thoughts (ie “what they are considering”) and b) there’s no plausible source for this story; unless whoever is reporting it has a microphone in their bedroom or at their kitchen table. The palace comms people are no longer in the loop and anyone the Sussexes would confide in don’t deal with the tabloids.

You know how I know? Lillibet’s christening was only reported after the fact (a story the tabloids would have paid serious money for) and Harry’s first court appearance. They didn’t even know he was in the country until after his fucking plane landed. 

And you never answered my question: what result would you approve of? Whether or not they changed their name to “Spencer”, what result wouldn’t garner criticism from you? Most people don’t even know them by their last names anyway.

Never had a job? False. And spare me the, “eat the rich” malarkey. You were the one who brought up the fucking tiara nonsense a few threads back. 

I would approve if they renounced all their titles and became Mr. and Mrs. whatever,  and Harry and the children were out of the line of sucession.  As for their last name, I don't care.  Changing it to Spencer would just be more evidence of how nuts they are, but I don't have any objection to it.  I do expect that eventually when they've squeezed everything they can out of the monarchy that they will give up the titles and go full republican.

10 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

He's the only one who doesn't seem to understand that everything he has is due to his parents.  The idea that Vladimir Putin and Zuckerberg and the Pope would talk to Harry shows exactly what an entitled prat he actually is, and that all of his progressive talk is fully performative.  When he looks in the mirror he sees His Royal Highness Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, a Blood Royal and Very Important Person.  When he says 'just call me Harry' its the equivalent of the Lord of the Manor throwing out coin on his birthday to the peasants.

At least Meghan, while I don't think she is a nice person, has a list of accomplishments that pre date her involvement with Harry.

He has the same job as the rest of the Royal family. Well, except for those ten years he spent in the army, including two tours of Afghanistan.