Dating Thread: Hope Springs Eternal

9 minutes ago, Madame deVenoge said:

…..aaaaaand, I ended up with Tax Partner again, last night. Ahem. He lives 10 convenient minutes away from me.

I am going to now attempt to not fall into something too quickly. He has such a delightfully deep voice. Amazing shoulders and arms. Let me stay at his place after he had left, so I could sleep - he put the key on the table and told me to just lock the door and put the key under the mat when I left.

The Doctor didn’t trust me with his keys and it had been a year and a half.

It’s been one week since that phone discussion - Doc has one week remaining to consider. 

Surely the doctor has burned his bridges and mined the river separating the banks by now?

19 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Surely the doctor has burned his bridges and mined the river separating the banks by now?

Absolutely!  

All Chats has gotten from him is disrespect.  Frankly, I don't understand why she's even wasting another thought on him.  

Chats, is it just pride?  If it is, then I can understand that part.  But once he does call, (for what could only be a booty call) kick him to the curb.  For the love of the Old Gods and New.  

On 11/2/2023 at 9:34 PM, Madame deVenoge said:

The clock is ticking, and the Doctor has four days. Meanwhile, I think I might be….over him? Maybe??

You're still concerned.  So not over.

People may change.  But almost always they don't.  

It comes down to a question of peaks and valleys, I think.  It seems doctor hit a number of peaks.  But wasn't very good on the regular day.

Life will crap on all of us.  Optimize your median plus days, and minimize your bad days.  The right partner will help you do both.  It's not a zero sum game, I think we all know that intellectually.  But if you're going to be with someone, and they aren't trying to make you happier, then that's just toxic.  

8 hours ago, Madame deVenoge said:

Tax Partner has been pretty darned awesome…yes, we are a situationship, but that might change.

I gave his such a climax on Sunday night that he got an instant and long-lasting Very Bad Migraine. His doctor is doing a brain scan to make sure that he’s really ok. 

I think the first part means you're getting along far more than just fine and are negotiating some terms.  But who knows with kids these days?

That aside, if you want to keep it sustainable, just fuck him a bit less than nearly senseless next time?

On 11/9/2023 at 11:10 AM, Madame deVenoge said:

He actually…called on Tuesday. I missed his call, and tried to return his call that evening, to no avail.

That said, Tax Partner cooked me dinner last night. Tasty veggies and wine. 

ETA - I am definitely done with SoCal Guy…he mansplained accounting to me, tonight 

Has the Doctor never mansplained before? Based on what I've read about him here, I'd be surprised if he didn't.

He actually…called on Tuesday. I missed his call, and tried to return his call that evening, to no avail.

ETA - I am definitely done with SoCal Guy…he mansplained accounting to me, tonight 

What??  He does know what you do for a living, right?

That would be extremely irritating.  Next!  

Tax Partner sounds interesting.  Hope you don't kill him!  

Coming through Atlanta in a couple months and I saw some of the restaurants there have Michelin stars now.  Have you gone to Atlas or Bacchanalia?  I'm going to get some reservations for a date with wife.

6 hours ago, Madame deVenoge said:

Also, never recommend insider trading to me. EVER. 

Ah right, as an accountant you must have a pretty good idea about company finances. Roll your eyes once for stocks a horse should by, and twice if a horse should stay away from that company. :P

In case anybody from SEC is reading along, that was obviously a joke.

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

On 11/10/2023 at 9:25 AM, Madame deVenoge said:

Yeah, especially when he’s trying to give me advice about MY taxes, and it’s ok if someone has never heard the term “options whipsaw” before, but if you don’t know the term, maybe don’t offer up advice on the taxability events causing the issue?

OK I should know what options whipsaw means but I don't.  Short version?

On 11/10/2023 at 1:01 PM, Madame deVenoge said:

And any time someone also mentions Hunter Biden, I’m like, “I DO NOT CARE about Hunter Biden.” Basically, when men start ranting about Hunter Biden, it’s just a coded way of letting me know that they are probably Fox News viewers who really shouldn’t have been let out of a swamp.

Well real conservative men don't watch Fox anymore.  Just another mouth piece for the oligarchy.  Definitely stay away from the fake conservatives.  For example, what's the probability Lindsey Graham gets any woman off?

I just wish I had Hunter's art talent.  If I could make 6 figures selling my paintings to undisclosed people I'd probably also be qualified to get a board position on Ukrainian energy companies. 

9 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Definitely stay away from the fake conservatives.  For example, what's the probability Lindsey Graham gets any woman off?

I dunno...closet cases and hypocrites seem like pretty essential parts of religious conservative tradition to me.

9 hours ago, mcbigski said:

I just wish I had Hunter's art talent.  If I could make 6 figures selling my paintings to undisclosed people I'd probably also be qualified to get a board position on Ukrainian energy companies. 

No one disagrees that Hunter is a corrupt creep. The question is what's with the obsession with this particular corrupt creep who holds no power?

Answer: [some rabbit hole screed bound to turn off most women in the world]

2 hours ago, Madame deVenoge said:

The options whipsaw is when you have company stock (it used to be options were popular) that has a drastic movement in share price (whipsaw) and you can’t sell it because you have material nonpublic information. It is understood that this drastic movement in share price is detrimental to the holder.

In my case, the stock lost over half its value.

The Doctor understood this immediately once I explained; SoCal Guy was just flummoxed. 

Tax Partner learned all this maybe 30 years ago.

I am kinda surprised the Trump Org stock still has any kind of value. :P

ANyway, about the swamp guys and Hunter Biden.

I have good news and bad news.

Star Link is now providing full cover for the swamp. Ask McDrunkski.

Sounds to me like Doctor has post relationship dry dick regret.  There's probably a more official term for that. And Pfizer probably sells a cream for it on a subscription basis.  It is a real thing though. 

At the most, I'd say back burner Doctor until you might come to a point where none of your active options have room for forward progress.  Even then though, fresh starts might well be healthier.

Am I the only one to think dating multiple people at the same time is not good? I preferred, when I was still on the market, to date one girl and focus on her 100% before moving on. How does she make me feel? How do I feel about having a long-term relationship with her? How does she feel about me? Do we want the same things in life, etc.

The idea was that I should only have to choose between this girl and not this girl. By having multiple options of potential partners, I feel I wouldn’t really give any of them a proper chance. Plus I think it would be a pretty big turn-off for me if a girl I was dating admitted she also dated other guys (at least after our first few dates). If I’m just one of many, then how interested is she really?

The divorce, though, is not a major turnoff in my book. Most divorces are just the final nail in the coffin of a marriage that’s been dead or at least doomed a long time anyway. One can be quite ready to meet someone else at that point.