The Silver Queen and the Weirwolves

13 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Honestly, do the people who 'support' this theory (excluding Frey Family Reunion who provided actual quotes) really believe it, or are they just saying so because they don't like the Starks?

I love that you ask that while already knowing the answer lol

• 4 weeks later...

Remove the symbolism of silver against werewolves and the future for the Starks still look bleak.  That one family is responsible for the two rebellions.  The latter, War Of The 5 Kings, is still not settled.  Lord Commander Jon Snow will be the cause of the fall of the Night's Watch.  Winter is the season of dying.  The Starks cause the death of many.  Bran's body will lose its function but he will not die.  He will be the greenseer or the more appropriate, Darkseer.  The Direwolves will be banished to the other side of the wall and then the winter will give way to sunlight.  

On 6/9/2023 at 6:38 PM, The Lord of the Crossing said:

I think Bran has to die before Winter ends and Spring returns. 

Silver was not involved in the stabbing of Lord Commander Jon.  It was not Bowen who did the betraying.  Jon betrayed them.  Jon betrayed the watch.  The stabbing was damage control.  Silver was part of the payment to Roose Bolton but he would have done it for less to save the people from more harm from Robb the rebel.  

1 hour ago, James West said:

Silver was part of the payment to Roose Bolton but he would have done it for less to save the people from more harm from Robb the rebel.

Ah yes, Good old Roose, a man of the people who just wants to save the innocent from harm. It's not like we are straight up told by a character that he sees other human beings as playing pieces...

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2023 at 7:27 PM, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

The Silver Queen versus the weirwolves is one of A Song of Ice and Fire's motifs.  Silver is the one element which reliably kills werewolves.  It follows and reinforces the more obvious theme of Fire and Ice battling each other.  Opposing elements, opposing families, fighting each other. 

Daenerys Targaryen rides the Silver horse, has silver-blonde hair.  She is the Silver Lady in the early pages of A Game of Thrones.  Roose Bolton betrayed Robb Stark for silver.  Silver will be the downfall of the Starks.  Weirwood is the antagonistic elemental to the dragons.  Since the Valyrians ruled the western end of Essos it is understandable why they would cut down all of those weirwoods.  Humans relocated to Westeros and felled the weirwoods. 

The Starks are slowly accepting their primitive, brutal history.  In my opinion, the Starks will be Direwolves in the end.  DW are the more primitive of the wolves. 

Even a Stark servant like Old Nan are aware of the eternal animosity between the Dragons and the Starks.  I like Daenerys and I want her to win the last battle against the Starks.  The quarrel dates from the time of the great empire of the dawn when the Bloodstone betrayed the Amethyst.  Amethyst will get her revenge and bring the planet's seasons back in balance after defeating the Starks.

3 hours ago, Damsel in Distress said:

Even a Stark servant like Old Nan are aware of the eternal animosity between the Dragons and the Starks.  I like Daenerys and I want her to win the last battle against the Starks.  The quarrel dates from the time of the great empire of the dawn when the Bloodstone betrayed the Amethyst.  Amethyst will get her revenge and bring the planet's seasons back in balance after defeating the Starks.

Huh? My memory must be faulty, I cannot remember anything from the text that even hints at any of this - not in the main novels nor anywhere else. Care to provide a few quotes to support your claims? Or is this all based on whatever poor fanfic you’ve been reading?  

On 7/15/2023 at 9:49 AM, Craving Peaches said:

Ah yes, Good old Roose, a man of the people who just wants to save the innocent from harm. It's not like we are straight up told by a character that he sees other human beings as playing pieces...

Don't slander poor Roose Bolton, who wants nothing but a 'peaceful land, a quiet people' and ended the Rebellion to make peace. There are few people that value peace as much as him, perhaps only Galazza Galare, "the peace is a pearl beyond price". We see the story through the viewpoint of the Starks and Dany, so do not realize that they are the antagonists of the story, who are further wreaking war in two already blood-soaked continents.

Edited by csuszka1948

On 8/2/2023 at 11:12 AM, kissdbyfire said:

Huh? My memory must be faulty, I cannot remember anything from the text that even hints at any of this - not in the main novels nor anywhere else. Care to provide a few quotes to support your claims? Or is this all based on whatever poor fanfic you’ve been reading?  

I think Sansa and Rickon are werewolves, with a hunger for human flesh, and a thirst for blood.  Daenerys will destroy them, using Lightbringer, along with the Night King, Jon Snow.

4 hours ago, SeanF said:

I think Sansa and Rickon are werewolves, with a hunger for human flesh, and a thirst for blood.  Daenerys will destroy them, using Lightbringer, along with the Night King, Jon Snow.

Excellent! 

4 hours ago, SeanF said:

I think Sansa and Rickon are werewolves, with a hunger for human flesh, and a thirst for blood.

Rickon is a feral, semi-psychotic savage. He already had the bad blood of the Starks and the cannibal Skagosi are not going to help the boy. Daenerys will have to put him down. Sansa on the other hand has a veneer of civility, but on the inside is a slave to her lust for power. She will conspire with Harry the Heir to murder poor Sweetrobin. Then we have Jon, the traitor of Westeros. Daenerys will have to deal with Snowflake as he will be leading the White Walkers after he goes insane because he thinks Arya's dead.

On 6/10/2023 at 12:38 AM, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Daenerys will gather her armies and defeat the Bran-led White Walkers.  I think Bran has to die before Winter ends and Spring returns. 

Literally the name of Bran's wolf is Summer. Do you think that of all people, he will bring the Winter? :D

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Excellent! 

Yes, it fits. Daenerys is the "daughter of three", so it's fitting that she will crush the third Stark Rebellion (first against Aerys led by Ned, second against Joffrey led by Robb, third against humanity led by Jon). 

Edited by csuszka1948

25 minutes ago, Jon Snowfyre said:

Daenerys will literally turn into a dragon and  destroy the barbaric northerners. The wildlings and northerners are the others. She’ll then rule for 100,000 years as an immortal dragon empress

Yes, the alliance of the Starks and Northerners with the Others should be obvious, they are the 'Ice' in the title of the series, while Daenerys and her dragons are the 'Fire'.

GRRM doesn't want to reveal this huge twist yet, but he lays it quite thick when he talks about what Ice and Fire represent for him:

"I mean... Fire is love, fire is passion, fire is sexual ardor and all of these things. Ice is betrayal, ice is revenge, ice is… you know, that kind of cold inhumanity and all that stuff is being played out in the books."

Daenerys and the dragons represents freedom, love, passion, in general attributed to humanity. She suffered all her life and still strives to make the world better.

The Starks and the Others represent betrayal, revenge, in general cold inhumanity. They respond to the suffering the have gone through by delving deeper and deeper into their desires for revenge. Jon has betrayed his vows to sate his desire for vengeance, Bran possesses another human being and tries to justify it to himself - treating him in an inhumane way, while Arya wants to become a faceless (inhuman) killer. Sansa is known to be an unreliable POV (the author said it herself) and she hides her hidden desires even from herself at the moment. Still, at the end they will all choose to side with the Others to get their revenge.

Edited by csuszka1948