Trailer Thread: Reeling them in.

polishgenius

1 hour ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Cast

No expense spared. I hate to admit it, but Apple is putting other streamers to shame, at least in terms of production quality. I like that they cast Kurt's son to play the younger version of his character.

2 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

No expense spared. I hate to admit it, but Apple is putting other streamers to shame, at least in terms of production quality.

They're blowing enormous sums on these shows, while they're among the smallest AAA premium streamers, near as I can tell. Apple has almost bottomless resources, but... I don't know that this is sustainable forever if something doesn't change for them.

So I'd say, enjoy Apple+ original programming while it lasts.

AMC+ is even smaller, of course, but this bit of licensed fan fiction is intriguing, not least because it stars Clive Owen:

26 minutes ago, Ran said:

They're blowing enormous sums on these shows, while they're among the smallest AAA premium streamers, near as I can tell. Apple has almost bottomless resources, but... I don't know that this is sustainable forever if something doesn't change for them.

So I'd say, enjoy Apple+ original programming while it lasts.

I don't think anything is going to change for them (or Amazon Prime) for a long while.  These streaming things are just ways to get in with more customers as opposed to actually trying to make money from them. This isn't Disney or Discovery, they can keep doing this and it wont affect their value.

Final trailer for Gareth Edwards' The Creator. Looks absolutely spectacular on what's said to be an $80 million budget.  The only concern I have is that the story seems very basic and rote and predictable, so it's going to depend a lot on whether it draws people in with its world-building, atmosphere, and action setpieces. I think Edwards is amazing a science fictional director, his approach to visuals work for me in a way that, for some reason, Denis Villeneuve's generally leave me feeling a bit cold and removed. So, I hope this is a big success.

The scoring of the trailer is achingly beautiful, but it's not Hans Zimmers's score, I found out when checking the comments -- it's a piece from a commercial studio called Power Haus, titled New Worlds:

Edited by Ran

1 minute ago, Ran said:

Final trailer for Gareth Edwards' The Creator. Looks absolutely spectacular on what's said to be an $80 million budget.  The only concern I have is that the story seems very basic and rote and predictable, so it's going to depend a lot on whether it draws people in with its world-building, atmosphere, and action setpieces.

Ya reminds me of District 9 meets Children of Men. Certainly derivative but that’s not necessarily a bad thing.