Best of the internet thread: Bester

Derfel Cadarn

40 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I have.

Butch wasn't in Reservoir Dogs.

I don't see how an anal cavity search would have been incorporated into the plot of Reservoir Dogs. 

To hide the diamonds, it was a joke, and Butch never had the watch up his ass. 

Also, TBF, the two movies are in a shared universe, so Butch could have been there. 

On 1/18/2024 at 9:11 PM, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

To hide the diamonds, it was a joke, and Butch never had the watch up his ass. 

Also, TBF, the two movies are in a shared universe, so Butch could have been there. 

Mr Pink stashed the diamonds. Steve Buscemi didn't need to stuff them up his ass. Could you imagine Harvey Keitel rummaging around in there? Noooo thank youuuu. 

This is so confusing.  

29 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Mr Pink stashed the diamonds. Steve Buscemi didn't need to stuff them up his ass. Could you imagine Harvey Keitel rummaging around in there? Noooo thank youuuu. 

This is so confusing.  

Pink also dies (I think). 

There's another move scene (Lammbock, German movie ~2000)

One of the main characters accompanies the sister of the other main to take an HIV test and decides might be a good idea to take one himself. They need an alias, so he wants to use Mr. Pink, because it's a cool character from a fucking great movie. Then the following dialogue happened.

Doctor: Ok, we need an alias for the testing.

Mainchar: Mr. Pink

Doctor: Just a single word please.

Mainchar (baffled): How, just one word... Then, Pink.

Doctor: Guess I won't need to ask for sexual orientation then...

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Yikes, that is gruesome.

It also makes you appreciate guys like Bruce Dickinson, Rob Halford, and Ronnie James Dio, who could / can still sing well into their later years.

31 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Yikes, that is gruesome.

It also makes you appreciate guys like Bruce Dickinson, Rob Halford, and Ronnie James Dio, who could / can still sing well into their later years.

Even worse, he might not even remember the words to his own songs. Just phoning it in on every level. Jesus, he's gotta be pushing 300 lbs. The guy's a parody of an '80's rock frontman.

Compare this to a nearly skeletal Mick Mars; who was in constant pain and could barely move because he suffers from a degenerative spinal cord condition, and he's fucking slaying it. 

Mignon Fogarty: "I was organizing files on my d…" - Universeodon Social Media

I was organizing files on my desktop and came across a screenshot of this old post about an 1884 usage guide that still makes me laugh:

"Don't say ‘gents' for 'gentlemen, nor 'pants' for 'pantaloons.’ These are INEXCUSABLE VULGARISMS. (emphasis added)

INEXCUSABLE VULGARISMS...inexcusably awesome!    The link goes to Mastadon.   

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2024/02/02/elmo-how-are-you-doing-twitter-x-satire/?utm_campaign=wp_follow_alexandra_petri&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_alexandrapetri&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F3c9d2d2%2F65bd3e7622c7b80f14dbda90%2F5972e372ae7e8a1cf4b1d8ff%2F3%2F23%2F65bd3e7622c7b80f14dbda90

Elmo experiences a dark night of the soul:

BIG BIRD: It sounds like you’re gazing into the abyss, Elmo.

ELMO: Yes! Elmo is gazing into the abyss!

ERNIE: Oh, that’s no good, Elmo! All that emerges from the abyss is existential despair!

FOZZIE (Entering.): Bear? This bear?

ELMO: No. Existential despair.

FOZZIE: Oh.

FOZZIE leaves.

ELMO: Elmo doesn’t know what to do. Elmo wishes he could help. But it is all so heavy, and Elmo is not strong enough, even with the metal rods holding his arms up. Maybe Elmo is experiencing this despair.

COUNT VON COUNT: One! One despair!

BERT: When you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. Friedrich Nietzsche.

BIG BIRD: Nietzsche? How do you spell Nietzsche?

COUNT VON COUNT: One, two, three, four, five! Five consonants in a row. Ah-ah-ah!

Fozzie entering and asking had me literally lol

6 hours ago, LongRider said:

Mignon Fogarty: "I was organizing files on my d…" - Universeodon Social Media

I was organizing files on my desktop and came across a screenshot of this old post about an 1884 usage guide that still makes me laugh:

"Don't say ‘gents' for 'gentlemen, nor 'pants' for 'pantaloons.’ These are INEXCUSABLE VULGARISMS. (emphasis added)

INEXCUSABLE VULGARISMS...inexcusably awesome!    The link goes to Mastadon.   

Inexcusable Vulgarisms would be a good band name.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...