Watched, Watch, Watching: Pink Bombs

Corvinus85

1 minute ago, IlyaP said:

Cavill's got subdued comic timing as Sherlock Holmes, finding the right level of egotism and sexism that the character would have exhibited for that noxious period in history.

Also, he's generally just a nice guy, which is a plus.

And a nerd, and likes Warhammer 40k, this stuff adds up!

49 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

Also, he's generally just a nice guy, which is a plus.

Hung out with him, have you? I know a girl he "dated". Let me say this, and only this - celebrities can afford good PR people. 

Anyway, nothing left for me to say on this topic. 

12 minutes ago, Relic said:

Hung out with him, have you? I know a girl he "dated". Let me say this, and only this - celebrities can afford good PR people. 

Oh, so first you raged about how good looking he is and then it turns out knew a girl who dated him?

Its all coming together now, piece by piece…

Just now, Heartofice said:

Its all coming together now, piece by piece…

Yes, he stole my girlfriend and that's why I think he's a bad actor. Go back to bashing feminism, you're betterat that than you are at deduction. 

8 minutes ago, Relic said:

Yes, he stole my girlfriend and that's why I think he's a bad actor. Go back to bashing feminism, you're betterat that than you are at deduction. 

Oh believe me I was never suggesting a hottie like Cavill was after your girlfriend. 

2 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Lol, didn’t know he was in that, he must have been about 12?! Hardly fair. Plus it’s exactly the sort of movie he wouldn’t be suited to. . 

19 when it came out, so likely 18 when shooting. That version is a much more happy version than the book in the end, but the acting in it was pretty decent all around. Except for him. He was awful.

Again, disagree, he plays a very similar, stiff character in almost every role these days, but he pulls it off pretty well. He’s good in Man from Uncle and Fallout, any time he’s played superman and he’s easily the best thing in The Witcher. 

He does the job that is required and is good at that one thing. 

Wasn't The Man from Uncle largely panned in part because he was not good in it? And I could only get through a few episodes of The Witcher. It wasn't good, but then again I also gave up on the video game as well because my god, boring ass game and you constantly died from random things. Give me a truly gritty GTA movie and I'm in.

9 hours ago, Relic said:

being built like a truck the guy is a TERRIBLE actor with zero range

But he's SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTACUS, the most awesome Heavy Metal warrior to ever exist!  Bringeth Roman Power to its bony knees!  :bowdown:   :rofl:

8 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

In the Tudors, he very solidly managed to follow the character journey of Charles Brandon and portray the range that character went through. He bought me there and then.

:agree: Really enjoyed his Tudor character too. Not as much as Kris Holden-Ried as Sir William Compton though. But both of them provided much needed light touches, performed perfectly.

9 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

He’s brilliant in that show. 

Not brilliant.  Merely perfect.  Different things.

9 hours ago, Relic said:

Did I say he wasn't flawed? Dude, none of us are ever perfect in relationships - it comes with the territory about learning to be less sucky in relationships. My comment was focused mostly around his professional behaviour, on set, in public, etc. Thus, "generally" a nice guy. 

9 hours ago, Zorral said:

Wasn't he in Spartacus as somebody or other?  :dunno:

One of the better known actors who were in Spartacus is Manu Bennett (who was in the Hobbit and that dreadful D list fantasy, Shannara chronicles), maybe you’re mixing him up with Henry Cavill? 

Finally saw Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One with the wife. 

Holy damn. This movie makes some choices and swings for the rafters and goes hard. It's an exceptionally well-lit, colored, and filmed movie, with great moments of comedy, particularly during the car chase sequences. The wife squealed with delight during one particularly hilarious moment in Rome involving vehicular doughnuts. 

The movie just does not let up, however, and really doesn't slow down for anything. From the very start, it mashes down on the Big Red GO! Button and doesn't stop until the end credits. It is relentless.