Trailer Thread

AncalagonTheBlack

23 hours ago, Ran said:

Good to see David Allen Grier getting so much work still. And this, after They Cloned Tyrone, makes for a nice pairing.

Wonder if the same section of the public which is having a hissy fit over the Obamas' Leave the World Behind,

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/netflix-leave-the-world-behind-movie-barack-michelle-obama-rcna129768

will realize this is a satire?  :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Wonder if the same section of the public which is having a hissy fit over the Obamas' Leave the World Behind,

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/netflix-leave-the-world-behind-movie-barack-michelle-obama-rcna129768

will realize this is a satire?  :rolleyes:

I’ve actually seen a couple black folks complaining, because they thought this was going to be a black oriented fantasy film. Think Harry Potter and other franchises. 

8 minutes ago, Quijote Light said:

I’ve actually seen a couple black folks complaining, because they thought this was going to be a black oriented fantasy film. Think Harry Potter and other franchises. 

They probably didn't get that it was satire either. Sigh. We teach our kids nothing these days.

34 minutes ago, Zorral said:

They probably didn't get that it was satire either. Sigh. We teach our kids nothing these days.

I think they were people who aren’t familiar with the trope and are fans of fantasy, hoping that they were finally getting a black centric film in the genre. Though maybe I’m being charitable. 

O lordessa -- Expats -- I thought for a while I was watching a film made about one of our really good friends, who did expatriate to Hong Kong, and then, due to a confluence of circumstance, was forced to return to the US.  She's never readjusted to being back here.

Damn what a cast! 

Based on Capote's Women: A True Story of Love, Betrayal, and a Swan Song for an Era
by Laurence Leamer
Screenplay by Jon Robin Baitz
Directed by

Gus Van Sant
Max Winkler
Jennifer Lynch

Cast

Edited by AncalagonTheBlack