Talk about the weather!

11 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Has it stopped yet?

Finally tapered off a couple of hours ago! Almost everything has been shut down all weekend and today so the crews can clean up. In the city we got at least 50cm. Cape Breton, though. Yikes!

1 hour ago, Tyria said:

Finally tapered off a couple of hours ago! Almost everything has been shut down all weekend and today so the crews can clean up. In the city we got at least 50cm. Cape Breton, though. Yikes!

This sounds like Los Angeles and the atmospheric river storms of rain (not snow) going on, way over on the other side of the continent!  It's so rough to deal with.

52 minutes ago, Zorral said:

This sounds like Los Angeles and the atmospheric river storms of rain (not snow) going on, way over on the other side of the continent!  It's so rough to deal with.

With any luck it will fill the water reservoirs that have been dangerously low the last few years.  Sort of a silver lining to those clouds.

35 minutes ago, maarsen said:

With any luck it will fill the water reservoirs that have been dangerously low the last few years.  Sort of a silver lining to those clouds.

But how many houses will mud slide into oblivion off the saturated, denuded hills, denuded by contsruction, drought and fire.  I do know better, but still, the very idea of Los Angeles flooding is impossible to process.

2 hours ago, maarsen said:

According to the report I just saw on CNN, the problem is the reservoirs are already full. At least the forecast seems to be for less rain than initially expected, yesterday I saw reports that they’d get a year’s worth of rain in 24 hours, now they are saying 6 months of rain instead. I can’t imagine getting 6 months worth of rain in 24 hours, though we get more rain here than most parts of California.

I checked the snowfall in Cape Breton, they got 80 cm, which means snowdrifts are probably 2 to 3 metres deep.

Edited by Fragile Bird

4 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

According to the report I just saw on CNN, the problem is the reservoirs are already full. At least the forecast seems to be for less rain than initially expected, yesterday I saw reports that they’d get a year’s worth of rain in 24 hours, now they are saying 6 months of rain instead. I can’t imagine getting 6 months worth of rain in 24 hours, though we get more rain here than most parts of California.

I checked the snowfall in Cape Breton, they got 80 cm, which means snowdrifts are probably 2 to 3 metres deep.

I used to live in the snowbelt off of Lake Huron and we would get feet of snow at a time. I spent a winter  in Halifax once when they got about 3 feet.  This looks worse.

I said it a week or two ago, Nancy Mace is a weird Greek tragedy: 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/a-major-sign-of-trouble-in-nancy-maces-office-total-staff-turnover

When your core staff all quits and your CoS files to run against you, yikes. 

She isn't significant enough to anything to be a greek tragic figure.  Just a pathetic pos.  You need to brush up on your education into what Greek Tragedy consists.

Also ty posted his comment in wrong thread.  This isn't a greek tragic event either. :P

Edited by Zorral

There was still too much snow on the ground to play the temporary greens today even though I picked up my new irons yesterday.   Hopefully get out there Saturday before the rain.   Should be highs of 50 the next three days before snow again next week.

Here in Michigan it's currently 51 degrees F. and predicted to be more of the same.  What the heck kind of winter weather is this??  :angry2:   and right after I got my cross-country skis!  :crying:

Edited by Tears of Lys
Originally had "downhill" skis. I'd definitely shoot my eye out on those.

• 2 weeks later...

We will experience a 40 degree plunge in Fahrenheit over the next 24 hours as its called to drop from 57°F to 15°F by tommorow morning here in my area of Wisconsin.

Truly bizarre, im guessing 50% of our work crew will catch sore throats or flu based on their usual lack of immunity.