Your Most Hated ASOIAF theory

1 hour ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

So, whaddaya think, should we start posting how many of the most hated theories we see in this list are theories that we subscribe to?

I subscribe to, or am at least intrigued by, many hated theories.  Some have been mentioned in this thread.  Others have not been mentioned ... yet.

15 hours ago, astarkchoice said:

Tyrion not being tywins son when he is soooo a mini tywin as even his sister points out.

Honestly, I'd love if Jamie and Cersei were Aerys bastards and Tyrion was Tywins one and only child. Just as one final middle finger to Tywin, for a life time of being an evil prick and possibly the worst father in the series.

Cold Hands, I don’t have a favorite theory for him, just mostly don’t want him to have some secret identity.   I do hope that if GRRM resolves his identity or origin, it’s done with an original idea, not a secret identity rehash. 

2 hours ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

So, whaddaya think, should we start posting how many of the most hated theories we see in this list are theories that we subscribe to?  I'm not listing theories because I don't want to sidetrack, but I count  9 items that people absolutely hope won't happen, that I am rather expecting to happen/ hoping to see happen in  Winds and Dream.

Well, I've always found the Jojen Paste intriguing. 

24 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Cold Hands, I don’t have a favorite theory for him, just mostly don’t want him to have some secret identity.   I do hope that if GRRM resolves his identity or origin, it’s done with an original idea, not a secret identity rehash. 

Same here. In my head canon, CH was one of the Raven's Teeth that went to the Wall w/ Bloodraven. 

Honestly I think the best theory for Cold Hands, is he's just a body Bloodraven wargs into, when needing to do stuff outside the cave. I much rather that, than him simply being a "good wight".

1 hour ago, LongRider said:

What if Coldhands is secretly...stay with me here...

....Hothands?

54 minutes ago, sifth said:

Honestly I think the best theory for Cold Hands, is he's just a body Bloodraven wargs into, when needing to do stuff outside the cave. I much rather that, than him simply being a "good wight".

There's a hated theory out there that all of the "good wights" are bodies that BR hops into.

27 minutes ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

There's a hated theory out there that all of the "good wights" are bodies that BR hops into.

How many more 'good wights' are out there?

6 hours ago, sifth said:

Honestly, I'd love if Jamie and Cersei were Aerys bastards and Tyrion was Tywins one and only child. Just as one final middle finger to Tywin, for a life time of being an evil prick and possibly the worst father in the series.

No its better they are his (the timeline of them being aerys wouldnt work very well )

No  All his life pushing to not be laughed at and not have his family laughed at ever again . In the end its the kids he didnt push away become the laughing stocks ! The incest rumours ,  A middle aged one handed knight ! Jamie refusing his heritage!  and soo soo  many of cerseis actions! :)

Edited by astarkchoice

4 hours ago, Floki of the Ironborn said:

How would that even work? Which of Bran's brothers did he hate? Which woman did he desire?

Not the guy in the tree, that's Blood Raven. I'm talking about the crow Bran see's in his dreams.

Edited by sifth

17 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

My personal theory to reconcile the discrepancy is that the blue-eyed Renly in Clash was actually one of Robert's bastards serving as a body double, and therefore the real green-eyed Renly is still alive.

You’re making think of a certain episode of House of the Dragon, in which they do something similar, lol

21 hours ago, Him of Many Faces said:

One thing about what too many people don't get is that fiction is always written for the contemporary reader, not the people who are dead for centuries. If slavery is bad now then it was bad 2000 years ago as well, it doesn't matter if it was legal or socially acceptable then. When you read about the Slaver's Bay arc you should not think that enslaving people is okay in that made up fantasy world just like it's not in the real world. Same applies to a lot of other things like gender norms. George isn't writing about these things just for worldbuilding but also to make the reader reflect and compare them to real world counterparts just like every other work of history, fantasy or science fiction literature does.

I think you need to cut characters some slack, for the world they live in.  Nobody is a liberal or a democrat. 

If the Ghiscari masters were portrayed as being like Cicero to Tiro, or Caesar to Posca, you might think, slavery is wrong, but these are not terrible people.

But, in the text, they’re portrayed as cruel, savage, depraved, devoid of grace and culture, people who murder, rape, torture, for their own profit and their own amusement.