NFL Playoffs 2024: How The Hell Are The Lions In The Final Four??? Inconceivable!

8 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I mean, as far as first time Super Bowls go, this was pretty good. Well done, America.

Funny thing is most of the game was bad. But American football has a weird ability to make a shit game turn into an amazing one. Glad you had fun. Now you know why we're obsessed with it. 

Also, pour one out for DMC and Rhom. That's got to hurt. 

Also also, I didn't realize timeouts don't reset if there's a second OT. I was wondering why the fuck Reid wasn't using them. They should change that rule. 

Edited by Mr. Chatywin et al.

So yeah, this one's on Shanahan.  He somehow managed to let Mahomes have the ball in his hands with the game on the line not once but twice.  Sometimes you can't avoid that, but he could have.  Again, twice.

Purdy wasn't great, but he definitely did what he could and protected the ball.  Can only think of one interceptable pass and that was off a deflection.  As opposed to, ya know, Mahomes' actual interception.  The Chiefs' "#1 receiver" also didn't have much impact on the game.  It was just Mahomes.  Which is why you go for it at 4th and 4 on the KC 9.  Worst case scenario, the Chiefs are on the 9 and the D is amped up.

Oh well.  There's always next year.  Maybe the Niners can get to the Super Bowl again and Shanahan can become the new Marv Levy.

I definitely wanted a CMC run on the 3rd and 4 before the FG near the end of regulation.

Shanahan went away from the running game too much in the third quarter and took him until OT to remember he had the offensive player of the year back there.

Told my wife I would be happy to take my chances with three runs and a punt.

Really felt like Niners shot themselves in the foot in the first half.  They were dominating the game, but only up a single score.  That’ll get you beat every time.

Hate it for these players.  Felt terrible for Greenlaw.  Who pops an Achilles walking onto the field?!!?

6 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Shanahan went away from the running game too much in the third quarter and took him until OT to remember he had the offensive player of the year back there.

Yep, meant to mention that too.

6 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Who pops an Achilles walking onto the field?!!?

The dude who at the end of every play appears to be on Super Coke.

If it makes you two feel better, before we know all the offseason movements, I still think the Niners should be pretty equal with the Eagles as the teams most likely to win the NFC next year and the cheap QB window is a year longer. 

DMC is right, this wasn't on Purdy. He wasn't great, but once the game got tight Shanahan got even tighter. I think he's on the very short list of best offensive schemers ever, but he has this one fatal flaw. 

Edited by Mr. Chatywin et al.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

If it makes you two feel better, before we know all the offseason movements, I still think the Niners should be pretty equal with the Eagles as the teams most likely to win the NFC next year and the cheap QB window is a year longer. 

I mean, on paper obviously yeah, but getting lucky on health is always sparing for any team and the Niners just blew their best chance in that regard.