UK politics - not inspiring but effective

BigFatCoward

And there's me, thinking that Cholmondeley(-Warner) was a character played by Paul Whitehouse

ETA: Hang on, that's not Paul Whitehouse, anyone know who it is?

Edited by Which Tyler

1 minute ago, Which Tyler said:

And there's me, thinking that Cholmondeley(-Warner) was a character played by Paul Whitehouse

ETA: Hang on, that's not Paul Whitehouse, anyone know who it is?

Jon Glover.

The only thing that's making me think there's anything going on is the palace being weird when trying to convince people there's nothing going on. Did they fire Liz's people or something? I swear they were better at their jobs than this.

8 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

To be fair, they let Prince Andrew do the interview.

That is a compelling counterpoint.

I'm all for simplified pronunciation for things like Worcestershire to wooster, plenty of letters and syllables missing but at least the order of sounds that remain is the same. But how do you get the M and L backwards going from Cholmondeley to Chumley?

Royals having affairs should be as surprising as finding out most people eat breakfast most days of the week.

The nerve to say this as a defence based on what he actually said. 

A major Tory donor has apologised after reportedly saying MP Diane Abbott made him "want to hate all black women" and that she "should be shot".

The Guardian reports that Frank Hester made the remarks about the then-shadow home secretary during a 2019 meeting.

Mr Hester, who runs a health tech firm and gave the Tories £10m last year, admitted making "rude" comments about her.

But he said his remarks "had nothing to do with her gender nor colour of skin".

So apparently Kate was seen in a car driving to an event yesterday.. and yet the BBC just publish a photo of her silhouette inside the car, where you can barely see her. That is hardly going to stop the conspiracy theorists!

I have to admit I'm starting to have fun with it all, there was a video where someone noticed all the kids and Kate are wearing the exact same clothes from an event in November, just recoloured and 'shopped. It's just so mad and set's the mind racing! There would be such a simple way for the Royals to put an end to all of it, and yet it seemingly hasn't happened, which is the most odd part of it.

8 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I'm all for simplified pronunciation for things like Worcestershire to wooster, plenty of letters and syllables missing but at least the order of sounds that remain is the same. But how do you get the M and L backwards going from Cholmondeley to Chumley?

When you look at how the English language has changed over the centuries and how there is a massive disconnect between the way words are written and how they are spoken, it all tends to make sense, in so much that nothing actually makes sense and you shouldn't try and reason with it.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

So apparently Kate was seen in a car driving to an event yesterday.. and yet the BBC just publish a photo of her silhouette inside the car, where you can barely see her. That is hardly going to stop the conspiracy theorists!

Me and my wife were pissing ourselves about this last night, its like when Alan Partridge used a mannequin as a body double on the canal boat advert.

Rumours now swirling around that she is pregnant to someone else.  I don't care if any of this is true, i'm finding it all utterly hilarious. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

Off the back of UK Oscar success, we should remind ourselves that the real disparity when it comes to representation in the arts is class.

Nearly half of UK award nominees in last decade were privately educated

Nearly half of all British cultural stars nominated for major awards in the last decade were educated at private school, according to an analysis by Labour designed to highlight the failings of the state sector to provide creative education.

After studying the backgrounds of 130 Britons nominated for the main prizes at the Oscars, Baftas and Mercury prize over the last 10 years, Labour found that 40% went to private school, whereas only about 6% of the population are privately educated.

It's surprising that number is so low to be honest. Not only are the arts riddled with Nepo-Babies, but in order to get anywhere you basically need to know the right people, have gone to the right school, and have a shit ton of cash to allow you to basically not do a proper job for your early career. Plus you need a plummy posh accent too.

10 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

The remnant L there is the second L, not the first, so it's not backward. 'Cholmond' becomes 'Chum', -ley remains. Ch(u)'m'ley. So it is sort of a simplified pronounciation.

11 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Off the back of UK Oscar success, we should remind ourselves that the real disparity when it comes to representation in the arts is class.

Nearly half of UK award nominees in last decade were privately educated

It's surprising that number is so low to be honest. Not only are the arts riddled with Nepo-Babies, but in order to get anywhere you basically need to know the right people, have gone to the right school, and have a shit ton of cash to allow you to basically not do a proper job for your early career. Plus you need a plummy posh accent too.

Not unlike several other industries, e.g. finance, journalism, politics. 

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Rumours now swirling around that she is pregnant to someone else.  I don't care if any of this is true, i'm finding it all utterly hilarious. 

Theres is a whole thing about this guy Thomas Kingston, who was a friend of Kate or something,  shooting himself, and William leaving an event when that came out, and him having bruises on his neck. The rabbit hole is so deep, it's hilarious. 

Just imagining the scenario where William has murdered someone for having an affair with Kate. 

They would have to do another season of the Crown, thats how big it would be.

1 minute ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

It's all playing out for you to have to call Harry and Meghan your King and Queen. :P

That would be funny, but unfortunately it's Prince George next.. the Spare has fulfilled his role as a kidney and liver backup and can stay in LA, partying.

9 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

That would be funny, but unfortunately it's Prince George next.. the Spare has fulfilled his role as a kidney and liver backup and can stay in LA, partying.

only if he's not illegitimate. 

38 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

only if he's not illegitimate. 

I laughed and this earlier, they might all be Jaime Lannisters kids.