The Small Stuff That Doesn't Need a Thread. #8

LongRider

35 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Next time, get Pixel. Best phone/watch combination I've ever had.

I switched because I'd had enough of waiting months for Samsung to push the Android updates through. 

I'm still not a big fan of the watches, plus I have a couple of expensive ones anyways and typically just wear a Fitbit4. 

Ended up going with a S24+. I like it so far. 

On 3/14/2024 at 11:24 PM, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

I met my first member of the forum tonight. Lady Fury is awesome. I'm getting my first tattoo in two months with a few more down the road. Glad she was honest about some things she thought were bad ideas. 

LoL.

My closest meeting of another forum was when @Ran helped me make sure my audio on Discord was working.

I think the conversion went:

ATK: Hi, can you hear me?

Ran: Yeah.

ATK: Thanks!

Of course beforehand I had myself on mute. Thanks for the help Ran!

Which countries would you say have the best dental care, in terms of quality of care and cost? Because it certainly isn't here in the UK.

Anyways, asking for a friend who is about to drop a big stack 'o cash on a full set of dental implants.

Edited by Spockydog

31 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Never done it myself, but I understand many Americans (and personally know some) who have gone to Mexico for dental work due to the much lower cost.

I'm hearing a lot of good things about India. But, like Mexico, it's a bit too far.

Edited by Spockydog

All-On-4 Dental Implant Costs in the UK and Abroad

Country Price (EUR €)
Turkey €4,200
Croatia €5,200
Hungary €5,500
Poland €6,000
Germany €7,000
United Kingdom €13,900
Edited by Spockydog

8 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Which countries would you say have the best dental care, in terms of quality of care and cost? Because it certainly isn't here in the UK.

Anyways, asking for a friend who is about to drop a big stack 'o cash on a full set of dental implants.

I have a friend who always flies to Poland for dental work.

They panic-bought bidets during the pandemic. It changed their lives.
Four years after the toilet paper shortage of 2020, bidet converts say they’re never going back

https://www.washingtonpost.com/home/2024/03/18/pandemic-covid-bidet-sales/

While the toilet paper shortages that hit the United States during pandemic lockdowns in the spring of 2020 ultimately eased up, they’ve had a lasting impact on one industry: the bidet business.

“The industry here in the U.S. just blew up. You couldn’t get a bidet if you wanted to,” says James Lin, founder of BidetKing.com, an online marketplace for all varieties of the bathroom appliance. “We all sold out. … There was a huge scramble to get more.”

Bidets — which clean you up with a stream of water, reducing the need for tissue — certainly weren’t the only items that people waited months for during that strange time. But while many have regretted buying their Pelotons or even their homes, those who installed the bathroom fixture at the height of the Great Toilet Paper Shortage of 2020 are far from remorseful. Instead, they’ve become true believers, evangelizing to family and friends and trying to help the United States catch up with the rest of the world on bidet use. ....

Bidets are another good reason one loves going to Europe.

22 minutes ago, Zorral said:

They panic-bought bidets during the pandemic. It changed their lives.
Four years after the toilet paper shortage of 2020, bidet converts say they’re never going back

https://www.washingtonpost.com/home/2024/03/18/pandemic-covid-bidet-sales/

Bidets are another good reason one loves going to Europe.

While I do like Bidets or generally any water based cleaning device, they’re not common in most parts of Europe. Only Southern Europe (Italy, Portugal, Spain, France, Greece, Bosnia, Albania, Turkey and surprisingly Finland) have Bidets or other water based anal/genital/feet cleaning devices in the majority of houses…

47 minutes ago, Bironic said:

While I do like Bidets or generally any water based cleaning device, they’re not common in most parts of Europe. Only Southern Europe (Italy, Portugal, Spain, France, Greece, Bosnia, Albania, Turkey and surprisingly Finland) have Bidets or other water based anal/genital/feet cleaning devices in the majority of houses…

I rather thought bidets were more Mediterranean than middle or northern Europe -- don't find them in England for example, at least where we've stayed, which usually is mostly in friends' places, though.

Bidets are common in Japan and Bhutan according to article.

26 minutes ago, Zorral said:

I rather thought bidets were more Mediterranean than middle or northern Europe -- don't find them in England for example, at least where we've stayed, which usually is mostly in friends' places, though.

Bidets are common in Japan and Bhutan according to article.

Yeah that’s what I wrote, unless you don’t count Italy, portugal, Spain, Albania as mediterranean…

8 minutes ago, Bironic said:

Yeah that’s what I wrote, unless you don’t count Italy, portugal, Spain, Albania as mediterranean…

Exactly.  I was agreeing with you.

Despite its very long Atlantic coast and lack of a Mediterranean coast, we do still tend to consider Portugal as part of Southern Europe, I guess.

1 minute ago, Zorral said:

Exactly.  I was agreeing with you.

Despite its very long Atlantic coast and lack of a Mediterranean coast, we do still tend to consider Portugal as part of Southern Europe, I guess.

Oh sorry I misunderstood you… 

Yes Portugal has mostly Mediterranean climate (as do Parts of California, Chile or Australia for example) Mediterranean flora and fauna, and as a result of that mediterranean cuisine… as well as being a country with a Romance language and a catholic majority all of that make it Mediterranean even if it doesn’t border the Mediterranean  Sea…

I recently came across as a concept (not seen in reality) something called a bidet-loo, which performs both functions. Then I found you can buy a bidet-wash seat thingy to put on your ordinary toilet/loo.  These originate in Japan and allow you to direct a spray of water to the preferred area of your lower anatomy, with temperature control.  What I thought is good is that most come with a hot air dryer too.  The high end ones have everything including heated seats and veer into the ridiculous at times, with remote controls, lights, and probably a whole disco fandango along with it.