The Small Stuff That Doesn't Need a Thread. #8

LongRider

17 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Taurus's are the best. I don't need tools, I have a dad. 

I am a Taurus. I am extremely good with my hands. Always have been.

Moooooo.

19 hours ago, Spockydog said:

It was my birthday the other day. My brother got me my first ever cordless drill (it's a beauty), a laser-beam measurer thingy (OMG WE LIVE IN THE FUTURE), and these socks, which are absolutely lovely. I am blessed.

Very happy belated birthday to you! :cheers: Lovely gifts and gesture that the brother picked things that made you so happy. 

also your cordless drill reminds me, I have a cordless vacuum now! After looking for.. it has to be years, I finally committed on a 25% off sale day and bought a mid range one. The nozzle lights up so one can vacuum in the dark and/or actually see dirt on the floor. I find that groundbreaking. It made me so happy. 

5 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I opened a tin of tuna for the first time in years today. There was barely enough fish for a sandwich. Fucking shrinkflation. I hate it.

I noticed that with tuna a few months ago.  Haven't bought tuna in recently and now with shrinkflation, forget it!  :tantrum:

9 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I opened a tin of tuna for the first time in years today. There was barely enough fish for a sandwich. Fucking shrinkflation. I hate it.

After a pretty hectic day, no energy to prep dinner, and really poor options for take out food at the grocery, I relented to my kid and picked up a hot pocket for them and a microwave burrito for myself.  (To their joy since we virtually never eat that kinda processed stuff).  Now I haven't had a microwave burrito since college and hot pockets since before that, but I'll be damned if they haven't shrunk by 50% and are virtually all bread.  It used to be the issue was that they were so overstuffed you'd have to avoid burning yourself with the molten hot cheese fillings, now it may as well been a 5 day old croissant stuffed with a couple chunks of pepperoni and a pinch of cheese. 

Edited by horangi

15 minutes ago, horangi said:

It used to be the issue was that they were so overstuffed you'd have to avoid burning yourself with the molten hot cheese fillings, now it may as well been a 5 day old croissant stuffed with a couple chunks of pepperoni and a pinch of cheese. 

That sucks.  Haven’t had a hot pocket since my early 20s either, but from what I remember the biggest issue would be some parts would be molten hot while other parts would be barely heated at all.

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

That sucks.  Haven’t had a hot pocket since my early 20s either, but from what I remember the biggest issue would be some parts would be molten hot while other parts would be barely heated at all.

Indeed spot on, always a bit of a roulette with each bite. 

Today the cardiologist, the sweetest female doctor I have ever met, asked me what I do for a living. I told her I worked in leadership development. Ah so what kinda software do I develop? It’s not software, basically we train the management. Ah and whatever does one develop on them? Well… Ah is it like communication and the like? Yep, communication and the like. Ah. 
Imagine, this poor woman with her vast knowledge that she applies every day to save lives must have never heard anything so dumb, insignificant and meaningless to make a livelihood as developing managers in communication and the like. The sheer dumb corporate hubris to spend 50 hours of several people every week on these things. 

3 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Chopped onion, a dash of mayo, with sliced tomatoes and black pepper on top. Delicious.

Somewhere along the way I read a suggestion that mustard be substituted for the mayo, and I tried it out and liked it very much. I use Dijon, and to my surprise don’t miss the mayo at all. If that’s too radical, do half mayo half mustard, they actual bottle and sell that mix here as Dijonaise.

1 minute ago, Fragile Bird said:

Somewhere along the way I read a suggestion that mustard be substituted for the mayo, and I tried it out and liked it very much. I use Dijon, and to my surprise don’t miss the mayo at all. If that’s too radical, do half mayo half mustard, they actual bottle and sell that mix here as Dijonaise.

I freakin' love mustard so I'm definitely trying that.

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Today the cardiologist, the sweetest female doctor I have ever met, asked me what I do for a living. I told her I worked in leadership development. Ah so what kinda software do I develop? It’s not software, basically we train the management. Ah and whatever does one develop on them? Well… Ah is it like communication and the like? Yep, communication and the like. Ah. 
Imagine, this poor woman with her vast knowledge that she applies every day to save lives must have never heard anything so dumb, insignificant and meaningless to make a livelihood as developing managers in communication and the like. The sheer dumb corporate hubris to spend 50 hours of several people every week on these things. 

A cardiologist has spent most of her adult life in medical school.  It figures that she doesn't know much about anything else.

Two different worlds!

21 hours ago, Spockydog said:

A jacket potato and tuna is a thing of beauty. Light on the mayo, lots of black pepper, Red onion, sweetcorn and a crisp side salad with a lemon-y dressing...I'm actually drooling.

Eta: Is this one of those jacket potato toppings American's scoff at? Like beans and cheese? 

Edited by HexMachina