UK politics, Truss me, I really am that mental.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68932830

England sucks so bad we don't have to force them onto the plane, they are going voluntarily to Rwanda.

Thisnguy apparently isn’t even part of the Rwanda scheme. He apparently from Rwanda, lost his application and asked to go back

Edited by Derfel Cadarn

9 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Thisnguy apparently isn’t even part of the Reakda scheme. He l’s from Twanda, lost his application and asked to go back

Can you spell burning toast, or are you just on your phone and not paying attention?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Can you spell burning toast, or are you just on your phone and not paying attention?

Edited now. Was on phone and a work call

What’s controversial about the actual scheme is that its deporting people whose claims havent been approved or rejected, and it’s forced. This guy’s claim was rejected, he volunteered and he’s getting £3k

Edited by Derfel Cadarn

7 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Edited now. Was on phone and a work call

What’s controversial about the actual scheme is that its deporting people whose claims havent been approved or rejected, and it’s forced. This guy’s claim was rejected, he volunteered and he’s getting £3k

and a free flight. 

From what they said on the radio this morning, he isn’t even someone who arrived on a boat, when the main selling point of the Rwanda policy is to stop the boats

1 hour ago, Maltaran said:

From what they said on the radio this morning, he isn’t even someone who arrived on a boat, when the main selling point of the Rwanda policy is to stop the boats

Awaiting the revelation that he’s here on a two-week holiday and has lost his return ticket, and decided to chance it

5 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Awaiting the revelation that he’s here on a two-week holiday and has lost his return ticket, and decided to chance it

if a one way flight from Rwanda is about 500 quid, loads of them will come over now for the 3k return bonus. 

On 4/29/2024 at 10:44 PM, Werthead said:

Anyway, on the turd front:

Farmoor is around mile 45 of the Thames, as best I can tell, of a total 215 miles. I think that 295 figure is for the whole of Thames Water, including the other (far more populated) 170 miles. There are still spillages pre-Farmoor but that 295 figure doesn’t mean anything here, so there’s no reason to think the reason isn’t just Storm Henk as stated.

Right or, relatively, left if you want to be in govt for a decent amount of time in a capitalist country you have to pander to corporates. True left has no shot at power anymore.

4 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

True left has no shot at power anymore.

That’s exactly what the corporate politicians want everyone to believe, that your only true choice is between crazy deranged alt right or centre-right normie corporate conservative aka Starmer’s Labour. 

4 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I'd give up a weeks wages to be the one that cuffed him. 

What happened to this guy?  I mean, why?  Too much plastic in his diet?

6 hours ago, polishgenius said:

fuuuuuuucking hell

Or a way of proving forgetting id is no problem as he simply went home picked upmhis id and then voted.

Reports i read are stressing so much why its not a problem and it proves there are no real issues when people forget to bring id

Unfortunately this misses the point that many people dont have time to return home and come back later.

Posted (edited)

As of this moment in time, Conservatives (74 councillors) are in 3rd place, behind Labour (230) and Lib Dem (79)
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2024/may/02/local-elections-2024-full-council-results-for-england

Of course, it's after 24/107 councils have declared, but still...

I wish I could say that I played my part, but I only got to vote for the police chief - normally, I'd spoil my ballot with "this should be appointed by merit, not politics" or vote "independent" on that principle. But we had the incumbent tory (tories out!) and our independent's "manifesto" was absolutely riddled with stuff like "some of my best friends are black" "I'm not a homophobe but" "authorise the RN to ram the boats*" "return to good old fashioned policing". So I felt I had to do what little I could to keep those 2 out.

*This is Tewkesbury, so presumably he means narrow boats and the occasional small sailing boat on the Avon.

Edited by Which Tyler