Models: Hurricane Sandy to become Hybrid "Perfect" Storm

drawkcabi

I'm glad you have your priorities straight :thumbsup:

Hey, I have a whole queue's full of possible topics.

eta:

Looks like things are getting windier. If there's power till 9:30, that'll be good enough. I can fall asleep by ten and wakeup around sunrise.

wow, somtimes I am really very happy to live in Bavaria, where there are neither earthquakes nor hurricanes nor forest fires nor poisonous snakes nor the other shit the rest of the world has to cope with...

My best whishes to all of you! :grouphug:

Stay safe, everyone in NY. I'm watching the live feeds and still astounded by the scope of the damage. When was the last time Manhattan was near-blacked out and flooded by a storm?

Last blackout was the big blackout of several years back. I can't remember ever losing power in a storm here in the city, to be honest. Maybe someone else can remember?

ETA: OMG the big blackout was NINE years ago??? Where did the time go??

Stay safe, everyone in NY. I'm watching the live feeds and still astounded by the scope of the damage. When was the last time Manhattan was near-blacked out and flooded by a storm?

It's pretty insane. Looks like all of Manhattan below 42nd street is blacked out. I'm on 47th...

No work for me tomorrow. Whew!

Still dealing with branches banging off the roof but the wind should start to level off in a few more hours. You'd think by now I'd be used to it but it still scares the crap out of me every time I hear a BANG-thud. :uhoh:

Thankfully I still have power. If it holds on for a few more hours I should be OK.

Stay safe and good luck, everyone. :grouphug:

Archived