Models: Hurricane Sandy to become Hybrid "Perfect" Storm

drawkcabi

Some of them also are Decepticons, rather than fighting them.

On a more serious note they transform the voltage of the current.

Thank you, ser.

Also, thank you for reminding me about the different types of Tranformers...totally forgot about the Autobots...

Clearly it's Wild Fire.

Oooohhh...Optimus Prime v. merling-man Varys. GO!

we're getting some gusts, but they sound like more in the 30s than anything higher.

The very very small bright side is that because of how this storm is formed the temperatures are actually staying consistent if not warming up over night.

Looks like the wind has finally picked up in this part of DC, although the rain continues to not be significantly heavier than a heavy thunderstorm (although it has obviously lasted longer than usual by this point). No standing water outside, although there's a ton of leaves. Power hasn't flickered again yet so that's good.

Knocking on wood of course, but honestly it hasn't seemed to bad here yet. From what I can tell, a lot of places got it a lot, lot worse than we did. At least so far, one of my housemates has been watching the news all day and they keep saying that the worst of all will be around midnight. So, not out of the woods yet.

We lost power about 3pm. A friend of ours in New Brunswick managed to find a generator (5500w) for us and my dad and I went down there this morning to pick it up. Just in time.

Not a whole lot of rain here in my section of Northern NJ, but lots of wind, getting stronger by the hour. We found out the power went out on half of our block because of a downed tree down the street. Not likely that it's going to get fixed anytime soon. I think the wind peaked around 7 or 8pm... man, the gusts were intense. We kept waiting for other trees around us to fall, but nothing near us has fallen so far. Things seem to have quieted down a bit right now.

The sump pit was dry for most of the day, but started filling slowly around 6pm. At 8, we turned on the generator, and since it was on and can handle the load, we plugged in the fridge and a lamp and we're charging up our phones and laptops. I'm typing this now via the personal hotspot on my iPhone. We'll probably keep the generator running another couple of hours, then turn it off while we sleep. I'm gonna have to check the sump pit a couple of times overnight, which is a minor hassle.

Aside from not having power, things are not so bad over here, compared to the pics I'm seeing of places near the water. The Jersey shore is getting hammered, possibly to Katrina proportions. Low-lying areas of NYC and urban areas in NJ like Hoboken and Jersey City are in bad shape too. Whoever didn't take this storm seriously is sure as hell taking it seriously now.

Where I live in Bergen County, places like Hackensack, which traditionally get flooded are getting flooded again, pretty badly. But other areas are fairly ok. I think it could've been a lot worse, but early on Saturday, the governor ordered all NJ reservoirs to be lowered to allow for the storm surge. That's probably why our localized drainage area is doing ok (so far).

I'm mostly right now worried about the wind getting worse and knocking down this one tree next to our driveway, which would completely knock down all wires going from the pole to our house. If that happens, it will take forever to get fixed, plus it'll be a bear getting cars out of the driveway. Luckily, there are no big trees next to the house per se, so no real danger of them falling on our house.

When we went out just for a minute to start the generator, there were so many things flying and banging around that I really felt nervous being outside. I just hope this wind dies down soon.

I was wondering why everyone wasn't freaking out about the power plant thing but apparently it's just a transformer. I wasn't sure what I was looking at until I was told, so hopefully that'll help you guys out too.

Oooohhh...Optimus Prime v. merling-man Varys. GO!

we're getting some gusts, but they sound like more in the 30s than anything higher.

The very very small bright side is that because of how this storm is formed the temperatures are actually staying consistent if not warming up over night.

did i ever tell you that i am good friends with optimus prime?

All my best wishes to you guys on the other side of the Chesepeake, in NJ, and New York and everywhere else.

City of Salisbury, which I'm 5 miles outside of, has declared a state of emergency and under curfew until 10am tomorrow.

I finally got my girl dog to do her duty outside, I had to walk her a bit though until she went. I got soaked but I'm relieved I can relax the rest of the night now.

My dad came out and my mom made him some lentil soup which he enjoyed and when he went back to bed I put an Eastwood spaghetti western on for him so he's all good.

I'm good everybody else is good.

I'm actually quite jealous of that picture.

hearing rumors of water in the NYC subway, on the floor of the Exchange...given the explosion of the plant that had been a rumor, anyone know any more about those? heard up to a month to repair if true?

Archived