Models: Hurricane Sandy to become Hybrid "Perfect" Storm

drawkcabi

I made it out of DC on a 6am flight. I was super-lucky, because the flight was oversold. However, 25 people did not show up, so I got a seat.

I'm wondering what those 25 people were thinking? "Aw, the plane isn't going to take off anyways?"

My guess is that people cancelled their outgoing travel plans at the last second. I know that if I had a trip planned and a storm like this was going to hit home, I wouldn't leave Mrs Ix at the home by herself.

ABC News says a crane is partially collapsed in midtown.

Yea, that's true. There is a crane at the top of the new 57th street high rise that has collapsed. They've evacuated the buildings near by in case it falls but there is nothing they can do at the moment.

Welcome to GC, Elba. Hope your folks' place survives relatively unscathed.

We were going to head out and check out high tide but once the winds really picked up, we made the smart decision to stay in.

Thanks!

Yes definitely the smart decision to stay in at this point, especially if you are closer to the shore.

Good luck to the folks affected by this storm, and happy belated anniversary to the X's.

I'm wondering what those 25 people were thinking? "Aw, the plane isn't going to take off anyways?"

Probably more along the lines of "Aw, I live in DC and I don't want to leave my home/family/pets/whatever, so I'll just bail on this flight and stay home."

Heh, there's been one going through my facebook feed like wildfire and has people freaking out even though the waves clearly look CGI. Turns out it's from The Day After Tomorrow (or whatever that terrible Roland Emmerich movie with Jake Gyllenhaal was called).

Been wondering how long it would take for those to get going. Guess we're not going to have too many 'Remember 10/29" with a tipped over garden chair for this one.

We lost power for a couple hours...so Jack and I took a nap. Based on the forecast I just saw, our area is sposed to start improving....but we'll see.

ABC News says a crane is partially collapsed in midtown.

Yeah, saw the pictures of one - hanging on by some twisted metal. Not even sure they can deal with it at this point with the way the winds are going.

Archived