Models: Hurricane Sandy to become Hybrid "Perfect" Storm

drawkcabi

But we have water and an absolute shitton of beer and bacon (and batteries), so we are just waiting for this thing to be over.

Almost makes me want to get evacuated now...

Lol, Sandy has a sense of humour! And with that kind of attitude, you're all going to get through this, safely, to the other side when the sun comes out again.

Hang in there everyone, we're all thinking of you and keeping our fingers crossed no one gets into any trouble.

We've started sending notes to friends that we know are in evacuations zones to see if any of them need to crash at ours. We are technically outside of an evacuation zone, but I'm still a bit worried about how the streets will fare with a downpour. But we have water and an absolute shitton of beer and bacon (and batteries), so we are just waiting for this thing to be over.

So...can I just come over? I mean, I'm nowhere near this "storm" thingy, but your place sounds like more fun than mine. I could bring some wine and scones?

Are you not in the evacuation zone? My in-laws are evacuating from cape may to my place just outside of DC tomorrow.

Nope. They're evacuating the barrier islands, Atlantic and Cape May counties (AFAIK) but that's it so far. Unless they made other plans last night. I haven't turned on the TV yet.

My folks are north of me - if I go anywhere it'll be there, but I'd rather stay here bc of my pets.

We're as prepared as we're gonna be. Had no luck finding a generator or inverter for the sump pump, so we're keeping our fingers crossed that the power goes out only after the worst of the rain. Other than the sump pump, I'm not overly worried about having no power. (Living in India has been acclimation enough.) I've got plenty of books to read and papers to write.

I told the husband we need a generator for the lights for the "plants" and the modem. He laughed at the modem part.

Zray, what Zone are you guys? I'd hate to see you parted from your beer and bacon so we have enough to share!

I told the husband we need a generator for the lights for the "plants" and the modem. He laughed at the modem part.

Zray, what Zone are you guys? I'd hate to see you parted from your beer and bacon so we have enough to share!

We're on "high" ground -- outside any of the evacuation zones -- although only by a few blocks. Parts of our neighborhood are prone to flooding, though, so I fully expect to have some of the roads impassable even if they're technically above the storm surge flood zone.

We just put extra beer in the fridge in case of Dire Circumstances. :love:

We're on "high" ground -- outside any of the evacuation zones -- although only by a few blocks. Parts of our neighborhood are prone to flooding, though, so I fully expect to have some of the roads impassable even if they're technically above the storm surge flood zone.

Good. I'll take inconvenience vs. damage any day.

We just put extra beer in the fridge in case of Dire Circumstances. :love:

Hahaha, excellent.

Seems like there's a trend where they keep predicting that Sandy will hook further and further to the wwest. If so, it looks like I'll miss the worst of it instead of being right in the heart of the storm, which would have been the case with the original projections of the storm path.

My National Guard unit is now on standby. I hope my basement-level apartment in Boston doesn't get flooded while I'm (possibly) away :crying:

-- Stay safe everyone...

Hey BookWyrm, stay safe yourself if you get called up! And I really hope your apartment makes it ok too. :)

Archived