Help! My cat is a sex addict!

mashiara

Oh no, don't be sorry, the damn thing actually does give me hickeys. It's also an easy way to tell when they need their nails chopped.

OMG my cat used to do the same thing. While I was at work she would suck on my bedding and when I came back there would be little sucked on areas all over the bed. I left work to a made bed to come back to bedding that looking like it had kitty nipples all over it. I have at on of pics of her with her nose and paws right up under my chin sucking away. She was de-clawed (without my approval), but her little toes still hurt. She never humped anything though, could be because was in lack of stuffed veggies. house.

If it makes you feel better, ES, only one of my cats has ever engaged in questionable sexual activity for a eunuch. It happens very rarely. I've had four cats in my life and he's the only one that does this.

Oh - I was once given an inflatable cat as a present - do you think your cat could find a new use for it?

By the way, you are not alone. I found the following threads on the web (yes, this is an absurd way to procrastinate, and I wonder what my browsing history looks like..):

Here is someone who went specially to the University of California to have a 10 minute consultation on cat humping

Here is a long thread of fellow-sufferers

which includes one which started in the same circumstances as yours:

My cat Smoke ... started humping stuffed animals about 6 years ago when I had a child and stuffed animals appeared in my house. He would also get busy with our couch blanket. Sometimes during the night he would throw himself at my DD's door, trying to get to his beloved stuffies. Whenever we used to leave the house we would come home to a few stuffed animals (mostly dogs, lol) face down on the carpet. It made me laugh, and he usually liked to do it in private, at night, or when no one was at home.

and a few other gems:

I assumed this behavior would cease once he was neutered, but it did not...he just smells better when he's doing it now.

LOL I never knew what I was missing, never having had a male cat. Do they start singing raunchy songs like "Chef" from South Park?

ETA: there's even a book for Ixodes' Xmas list :P

(At least I didn't click on any of the YouTube videos... :leaving:

:lol: Draco is 3 1/2 and he still kneads me and purrs right after eating or when he wants to eat, but other than that (which to me seems like kitten behavior) there hasn't been any strange behaviors. (he only does this to me, his mommy)

But thanks for sharing this. :rofl: It really is too funny.

The only time I've ever noticed any of my cats humping is when one male was injured the other male mounted him and started to go to town. The yowls of pain is how I found out he was hurt.... :(

Your story is much better. :)

My dog has a stuffed animal that Mr. ES and I call his 'girlfriend'. He waits to hump the girlfriend until everyone leaves the house. On the one hand, I'm disturbed that he knows his having sex with the animal is a private, sacred thing. On the other hand, I'm just very grateful that he doesn't engage in this in my presence.

Occasionally, I will wash the girlfriend. He just about FREAKS out about this and is in a state of anxiety until the girlfriend is again back in his presence.

The ways of love are very complicated and confusing.

Or you could count yourself lucky Muppet hasn't started on the kids. :P

My first thought!

My dog has a stuffed animal that Mr. ES and I call his 'girlfriend'. He waits to hump the girlfriend until everyone leaves the house. On the one hand, I'm disturbed that he knows his having sex with the animal is a private, sacred thing. On the other hand, I'm just very grateful that he doesn't engage in this in my presence.

Occasionally, I will wash the girlfriend. He just about FREAKS out about this and is in a state of anxiety until the girlfriend is again back in his presence.

The ways of love are very complicated and confusing.

Wait a minute. Are you and Mr. ES peering through windows to watch your dog hump his girlfriend? What's up with THAT?

Benny is a completely asexual angel. (AFAIK. I'll have to get ES to peer through the window at him when I'm not home.)

Wait a minute. Are you and Mr. ES peering through windows to watch your dog hump his girlfriend? What's up with THAT?

Benny is a completely asexual angel. (AFAIK. I'll have to get ES to peer through the window at him when I'm not home.)

No! I would be much happier not knowing what goes on in my living room when I'm not there.

I have forgotten something and come back in as he is 'positioning' her on the sofa. Mr. ES has witnessed the same thing.

I can't promise anything, but we'll sure try. 90% there's only one of us here dealing with 2 kids, 3 cats and all the normal household tasks plus homework, it gets pretty insane and filming things has never been a priority. Heck, we're lucky we got their first steps on video.

If you got it on Youtube, esp with the broccoli, you might be able to knock Gangnam Styles off it's perch. Of course it needs to be in slow motion, accompanied by a Barry White song. Start your own Youtube channel and you could make some money off it. Silver lining and all that.

We had a cat (male, neutered) who did the sucking and kneading while purring thing a lot, but only on clothes, bedding or cushions. We never saw him doinking something, but he was a huge ball of insecurities. In addition to the suckling, when frustrated or made anxious about something he pissed on whatever was nearby like he was marking his territory. It was extremely annoying, because nothing was safe and we had to put everything that was not in closed furniture out of the reach of the squirt, but at least, being neutered and that cat drinking a lot of water (the poor thing was pre diabetic, iirc), it didn't smell too bad.

One of my neighbours had a young cat, that was about one year or maybe less, it was still growing up. One day, I was innocently petting him and scratching his belly, and suddenly I saw the little devil was having an erection. The worst part is that I didn't immediately realised what it was, and I remember telling my mother "Oh, it's weird, I didn't see this pink thingy between his legs before..." :blushing: Ah, sweet, naïve innocence!

No! I would be much happier not knowing what goes on in my living room when I'm not there.

I have forgotten something and come back in as he is 'positioning' her on the sofa. Mr. ES has witnessed the same thing.

Something on the Indy site today - dogs apparently steal more food when they reckon humans can't see them - maybe the same humans-out-of-the-house trigger applies here too?

I'm loving the whole thread, btw...

My 2 cats are sort of feral rescue cats, it has its downside but they have the brains they were born with. The only real problem I have is the older one pukes in the house occasionally. There is no physical reason for it, she was just so old by the time she got fixed, 7 or 8, and she used to regurgitate food for her kittens, its like a force of habit thing. The other one, which is her daughter, and maybe got pregnant once or twice, does not do this. They still have three or four males who come here and visit them, so they still have some sort of sex life but not with stuffed animals. I've never heard of that.

Archived