Superman and Batman

Batman

I would die a happy man.

Damn you WB/DC, I still want to see a Jon Hamm Batman before I die.

My sentiments before Man of Steel came out. Much as I liked it I am hanging around to see if they can work the kinks out for the next one.

• 3 weeks later...

So I just read that Justin Bieber tweeted a pic of himself with the Batman vs Superman script with a #Robin ??

Will Justin Bieber be Ben Affleck's Robin?

So in my despair I did a little more digging.

This could be JB shit stirring and he did something with Funny or Die. So it may be him taking advantage of a prop.

I hope that's the case.

Even DC would know this to be genre suicide.

I like the look of Robin from the Arkham City promos where he looked like Eminem. (Not that he should play him... But it was a decidedly street tough look.)

I'm actually surprised at the amount of comments that are leaning in favour of it being true.

From one critic. He said something along the lines of. People are crying foul. But think about it. It could actually work.

And that DC fans are outraged. But the Bieber fans that would go see the movie just for him could make up for it and then some.

Plus introduce superhero movies to people who may not have otherwise chosen to see it.

Others are saying. It could be interesting.

I don't want to see it happen.

Now I'm glad Man of Steel sucked so bad. Whether the Bieber rumor is true or not I've not cared much about any follow up to this version of Superman and with things just getting worse as signs keep pointing to movie by corporate studio committee I'm not caring at all now.

There doesn't even seem to be a need to have Robin in the film so I think it's Beiber trying to stir shit up. I guess it could be good news for Affleck if it's true though. Fanboys will be welcoming him with open arms by comparison. It would also make sense that Batfleck is going to be tired and weary. I would be if i had to work alongside Bieber.

Lol I was thinking that today. Ben Affleck is looking pretty good right now. From what I've read today, it was a shit stir. And I really didn't think there was going to be a Robin in the first place.

My hope is that the large positive response to it. Doesn't give certain people that are able to make it happen at some point (Be it this movie or some other project) any ideas.

DC really needs to step up their game... and make something decent without the word Bat in the title.

I agree. I like DC's line-up much more than Marvel's. Wonder Woman could be an amazing stand-alone film. It could also be a cool "Phase 1" movie to build up to JL. I had mixed feelings for Green Lantern. I think they can fix what they did. I think "origin" movies are the worst for comic fans because they usually muck them up. Who knows...

I agree. I like DC's line-up much more than Marvel's. Wonder Woman could be an amazing stand-alone film. It could also be a cool "Phase 1" movie to build up to JL. I had mixed feelings for Green Lantern. I think they can fix what they did. I think "origin" movies are the worst for comic fans because they usually muck them up. Who knows...

With a costume based on the piece of fan art someone posted in one of the women and geek culture threads. Be a great way to introduce the world they live in. That's how they should do JL, origins for WW. MM, and maybe the Flash with everyone else already established. No point in doing Superman and Batman, have them already established.

Or fuck just make a movie based on the first 3 episodes of the Justice League Cartoon.

With a costume based on the piece of fan art someone posted in one of the women and geek culture threads. Be a great way to introduce the world they live in. That's how they should do JL, origins for WW. MM, and maybe the Flash with everyone else already established. No point in doing Superman and Batman, have them already established.

Or fuck just make a movie based on the first 3 episodes of the Justice League Cartoon.

I liked the Thanagarian episodes best, but hoping for Bruce Timm style stuff never seems to work out. Like how people are hoping for a Superman Batman film that is like the 3 Worlds Finest episodes from Superman the animated series? Looks like its going to be a Frank Miller style thing that makes Batman crazy or Superman stooge-like.

Archived