Superman and Batman

Batman

Not movie related, but there is a hilarious

compilation going around.

Watch it and then you'll know why my son woke me up this morning with a batman mask and a husky voice saying, "Get up. It's time for ... breakfast."

Not movie related, but there is a hilarious

compilation going around.

Watch it and then you'll know why my son woke me up this morning with a batman mask and a husky voice saying, "Get up. It's time for ... breakfast."

I saw those on the news yesterday...that's one of the greatest things ever!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not movie related, but there is a hilarious "BatDad" video compilation going around.

I just love how the wife just seems irritated by all this. :lol:

Oh snap I just stumble upon news that claims Terry O'quinn is on the shortlist for actors to portray our old friend Lex, makes for an interesting proposition me thinks.

Yeah, not really. Superman has kind of shitty enemies. We have lex. Brainiac is probably the best but would be horribly hard to translate to a movie. Then there's doomsday, which works as a henchman better than a villain. And then pretty much nothing.

Yeah, not really. Superman has kind of shitty enemies. We have lex. Brainiac is probably the best but would be horribly hard to translate to a movie. Then there's doomsday, which works as a henchman better than a villain. And then pretty much nothing.

Darkseid? Metallo?

Mister Mxyztplk (Whatever Happened To the Man of Tomorrow version)?

Darkseid? Metallo?

I really don't buy the knee-jerk reaction against Superman's rogues list. I think the main reason is that people have never really been exposed to them outside of comics due to the fact they've been too expensive to ever really use in TV/film effectively. Batman has the advantage of most of his rogues being easy to do - crazy people dressed oddly (although we've never seen Clayface or Manbat yet). It's why I'm a bit pissed at Superman vs Batman as we finally had a platform for superman film with some of his antagonists and instead we've wound up with Zod again and now the goddamn Batman, And so the attiude of Superman having no good villains will endure.

All these rumours about Nightwing, Wonder Woman and even the Flash are a bit worrying as it all starts to sound potentially convoluted and hackish compared to how MArvel has been doing it. Although Hawkeye's introduction to the MArvel films was shameless too.

Darkseid? Metallo?

Indeed. Luthor is the worst choice they could go for.

And watch them do just do that.

Do Darkseid please. or Brainiac if you don't do the first choice.

Metallo could also be much more interesting than Luthor.

Darkseid needs a lot of groundwork: consider that Thanos is basically Darkseid without the background (Apokalips, New Gods, etc.) and still, the Marvel movies are taking their time over introducing him.

Brainiac would work but doesn't really allow you to tell a very different kind of story than Luthor does. OK, he's an alien android, but essentially it's still smarts vs superpowers.

I feel like in an attempt to compete with the Marvel movieverse, which has been established over multiple years and movies, DC is really rushing things. They're not going to catch up overnight, so I don't know why they're in such a hurry. I'm not entirely sure we needed to see this many people thrown into MoS II.

I don't know if it'd be too much like a ripoff of Nick Fury's cameo, but having an after-credits sequence where Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor are sitting down for a business meeting would have been a much better way to introduce him into Superman's universe, then you do the Batman/Superman team-up/vs. movie for MoS III.

Darkseid needs a lot of groundwork: consider that Thanos is basically Darkseid without the background (Apokalips, New Gods, etc.) and still, the Marvel movies are taking their time over introducing him.

Brainiac would work but doesn't really allow you to tell a very different kind of story than Luthor does. OK, he's an alien android, but essentially it's still smarts vs superpowers.

I agree that Darkseid has to be some uber threat and should be the big threat for a Justice league.

Brainiac would be great but he does have Lex Luthor smarts and another alien invasion would be too similar to MoS.

I don't know if it'd be too much like a ripoff of Nick Fury's cameo, but having an after-credits sequence where Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor are sitting down for a business meeting would have been a much better way to introduce him into Superman's universe, then you do the Batman/Superman team-up/vs. movie for MoS III.

This should have been in the end credits of MoS - we'd at least think they had it planned from the start.

DC also seems to be forgetting that Marvel had a film for each of the core Avengers (except for Widow and Hawkeye). They could have easily done another solo Bat-film and if MArvel can make Captain America and Thor work I really see no reason why a decent team couldn't craft a good Flash and Wonder Woman film. If they don't think they can launch the characters as solo films and don't see how they think they can do so after the team-up film.

I really don't buy the knee-jerk reaction against Superman's rogues list. I think the main reason is that people have never really been exposed to them outside of comics due to the fact they've been too expensive to ever really use in TV/film effectively. Batman has the advantage of most of his rogues being easy to do - crazy people dressed oddly (although we've never seen Clayface or Manbat yet). It's why I'm a bit pissed at Superman vs Batman as we finally had a platform for superman film with some of his antagonists and instead we've wound up with Zod again and now the goddamn Batman, And so the attiude of Superman having no good villains will endure.

All these rumours about Nightwing, Wonder Woman and even the Flash are a bit worrying as it all starts to sound potentially convoluted and hackish compared to how MArvel has been doing it. Although Hawkeye's introduction to the MArvel films was shameless too.

I thought the Flash was being introduced via the Arrow TV series? Nightwing I can understand, I think any excuse to associate this with Nolan's Batman and the way that ended will be seized upon, irrespective of whether Nolan officially sanctions it or not.

DC also seems to be forgetting that Marvel had a film for each of the core Avengers (except for Widow and Hawkeye). They could have easily done another solo Bat-film and if MArvel can make Captain America and Thor work I really see no reason why a decent team couldn't craft a good Flash and Wonder Woman film. If they don't think they can launch the characters as solo films and don't see how they think they can do so after the team-up film.

Didn't they try this approach with Green Lantern? It completely failed, so they're trying a different tack.

Archived