Superman and Batman

Batman

I think DC is making a huge mistake. They should be looking at Marvel and trying to emulate some of what they are doing.

I think they should have used the Man of Steel plot, the terraforming thing that Zod was using, as the reasoning behind the influx of "super people". Something was released into the atmoshpere that is changing certain people, or something along those lines. Which in turn grabs the attention of some extra terresterial baddy(not sure who, would have to be powerful enough to call the justice league).

Then you could have Man of Steel 2 be about Superman getting used to his new role of Clark Kent/savior of the universe. Give him some minor skirmishes with very low level super villians and introduce Lex. Also this movie needs to seed some beginnings for some of the other heroes, or at least "easter egg" stuff.

Batman could be a twist on the whole "batman" tale. Have the new Batman movie with Affleck take place after Dark Knight Rises. Change the story a bit and have Affleck be a friend of Wayne's, where ever him and Hathaway are hiding out. Basically set it up that Wayne was training Ben to take up the Cowl if the need ever arises and in this film, the introduction of super villians, is that need. Ben becomes Batman, but not Bruce Wayne, after a disaster strikes Gotham and he goes back to help as the caped crusader. Again have plenty of small, not in your face, referances to some of the other franchises.

Wonder Woman would be an origin story. I am not 100% what her origins are, but I think this movie would need to give reasons why she is here and also possibly tie into the "big bad" for the Justice League(that is if Wonder Woman is from another planet like I think?).

Green Lantern reboot could be the ring/green lantern corps coming to earth because of the "big bad" from space. The Green Lanterns see whatever it is coming and believe that someone on earth will need a ring to help stop it. It could be the last movie to be out leading up to Justice League and be the one that leads up to it.

This way you can then use these 4 super heroes(I'm not sure if there are other iconic heroes that need to be included or not) in a Justice League trilogy. Instead of making each Justice league movie sort of a one off, set out with a trilogy planned.

Movie one can be the "getting to know each other" type movie. In which we the viewer start learning more of the bad guy and get to see how the super heroes meet and interact.

Second movie could be about the heroes failing to defeat the big bad due to not working together. This would also be the movie in which the viewer learns that Lex is working with the big bad and that the big bad is winning.

Third movie would be the ultimate showdown in which the heroes become victorious and the Justice League is actually created.

Then from there DC would be able to release movies in any of the franchises or just stick to justice league stuff.

I hope my ideas are to terrible, I was never much into DC as a kid. I was always a Marvel guy. But, I still hate to see what they are doing to these great franchises.

Wonder Woman's origin is by William Moulton Marston, a man with a fetish for larger dominating women. Wonder Woman is the picture of his sexual fantasies.

I think the actually actual version is her mom makes a baby out of clay and one of the Greek gods makes this clay baby into flesh.

Clay baby is then called Diana.

All that said, Marston and the two partners in his polyamorous marriage is a pretty cool story. After his death they stayed together and IIRC raised the kids.

Just saw Man of Steel. Of the canonical films (i.e. not Superman III or IV) it was easily the worst. I mean, I've seen some shit in my time, but this took the biscuit. Awful script, awful pacing, turgid soundtrack, some of the worst CGI I've seen on the big screen in a decade (some of the character CGI made the 2001 Spider-Man look accomplished) and fight sequences so confused, devoid of context and overlong that even Michael Bay might have thought they were a bit much. We had to rewind Kevin Costner's death scene twice to see if it actually made any kind of sense. A few glimmers hope (excellent performances by Adams and Crowe, Cavill was okay) aside, it was one of the weakest superhero movies I've ever seen. It made Superman Returns look amazing.

So for the seque, they should fire Zack Snyder (into orbit, preferably) and let Nolan take direct control. Or just fire everyone and try again a few years down the road.

So for the seque, they should fire Zack Snyder (into orbit, preferably) and let Nolan take direct control. Or just fire everyone and try again a few years down the road.

Isn't that what they did last time?

Instead, they're doubling down on the crap and aiming to make the most spectacular clusterf*ck of a movie in history. :crying:

ETA: I think the worst part of MoS was that the trailers made it look so awesome.

We had to rewind Kevin Costner's death scene twice to see if it actually made any kind of sense.

Why, oh why, couldn't they have made it a person he saved rather than a dog? A DOG. It just made him look stupid for going back. Plus if he was in sight of the onlookers who all survived, it seems trying to run might not have been a bad idea. So he saves a dog, can't be bothered to even try and save himself.

Nevermind. It's just the sequel, maybe a JL movie, then maybe a third, then a big gap, then BAM.......it'll be the 2030's, fresh for somebody else to fuck up anew.

Nevermind. It's just the sequel, maybe a JL movie, then maybe a third, then a big gap, then BAM.......it'll be the 2030's, fresh for somebody else to fuck up anew.

Just in time for his 100th anniversary!

Man of Steel got me excited about the character for the first time in 25 years. The best part of Superman Returns was hearing the John Williams theme over the credits. Personal opinion and all that, but for everything Snyder did wrong, he (and Nolan/Goyer) got 2 things right.

Speaking of the music, I quite liked what Zimmer did with the soundtrack. It's not as iconic as the 1978 score, but it still resonates.

The only reason I haven't bought MoS to watch again, is because there's no way that can sit on the shelf without having my boys nag me to watch it. I've held them off of the Dark Knight Trilogy and the X-Men movies, but a new Superman would be too much of a fight. :)

Speaking of the music, I quite liked what Zimmer did with the soundtrack. It's not as iconic as the 1978 score, but it still resonates.

Really? I don't remember a thing about it.

To me, the Williams score has become as much a part of the character as the S on the chest. To go without it, just never seemed like Supes to me.

Really? I don't remember a thing about it.

To me, the Williams score has become as much a part of the character as the S on the chest. To go without it, just never seemed like Supes to me.

Agreed. The Williams' score will always be the "Superman theme" to me too, but this still is a good second to have.

Why, oh why, couldn't they have made it a person he saved rather than a dog? A DOG. It just made him look stupid for going back.

There's that, but there's also the whole, "Hey, Dad, I'm completely indestructible and have super speed, why don't I do it?" angle. Clark isn't remotely in danger from the storm, even CostnerDad knows that by that point, but he sends Clark off to walk his mother three feet to safety. And Clark just goes, "Yeah, whatever."

Then, in the actual death scene, whilst whole fricking cars are swirling around the tornado, Costner just stands there calmly and stoically, feet rooted to the ground and disappears elegantly. Solid comedic gold.

Man of Steel got me excited about the character for the first time in 25 years. The best part of Superman Returns was hearing the John Williams theme over the credits. Personal opinion and all that, but for everything Snyder did wrong, he (and Nolan/Goyer) got 2 things right.

I agree. Man of Steel was one of the films I enjoyed the best this year and it is miles ahead of the rest of any other film featuring Superman. It lived up to my expectations, which is rarity for highly anticipated big budget CGI films.

Why, oh why, couldn't they have made it a person he saved rather than a dog? A DOG. It just made him look stupid for going back.

The fuck? It didn't look even remotely crazy that he went out to save the family dog. What sort of blood runs through your veins if you find it ridiculous that someone would rescue a deeply distressed dog that is about to be killed?

I agree. Man of Steel was one of the films I enjoyed the best this year and it is miles ahead of the rest of any other film featuring Superman. It lived up to my expectations, which is rarity for highly anticipated big budget CGI films.

The fuck? It didn't look even remotely crazy that he went out to save the family dog. What sort of blood runs through your veins if you find it ridiculous that someone would rescue a deeply distressed dog that is about to be killed?

You could even argue that this is what Superman does whenever he puts himself at risk (minimal given his power) to save a human rather than a kryptonian.

Now there are rumors that Denzel Washington could be cast as Lex Luthor. It's a fantastic and inspired choice, but it will ultimately mean nothing in the hands of Zack Snyder and David S. Goyer. Man of Steel was an abortion of a movie, possibly the worst comic book movie ever made, if not slightly less terrible than Green Lantern and Daredevil.

Archived