Gotham TV

Howdyphillip

Just saw 3-4, pretty disappointed.

The whole WB lesbians and inexplicable need for 2 singers to fight it out were v. lame. Imo the Penguin guy is making what should be the most ridiculous role at least watchable.

But 4 shows in and I'm already tired of recycled conflicts. Falcone and Fish with their 'pretend politeness/threat' conversation, Gordon and Barbara with constant 180s on trust and all that, Gordon and Bullock rehashing the same divergent views deal...meh. Get some new shit, or this will get old fast.

It would be even better without Barbra or Bruce.

Agree with you there. Barbara is infuriatingly stupid and just a shitty character. And I think we're supposed to like her, or at least sympathize with her a little bit. But they screwed up writing her and she can't act, and we end up with a bad character. I mean, I don't know if I've ever hated a tv character as much as I hate her. I just wish they would have handled the character well. She could have been a decent member of the cast with some competent writing and acting.

I actually don't have a problem with Bruce appearing in the show occasionally. I just think he should be saved for some minor guest appearances. We're not gonna forget this is a Batman related show if Bruce doesn't appear in every episode; I know network tv likes to spoon feed us as if we're all stupid, but this is ridiculous.

Just saw 3-4, pretty disappointed.

The whole WB lesbians and inexplicable need for 2 singers to fight it out were v. lame. Imo the Penguin guy is making what should be the most ridiculous role at least watchable.

The key thing about the singers fighting was that we saw Fish outside her club!

Not quite ten minutes into the latest 'Gotham' and as usual a mixed bag with equal parts vomit and shit.

Bruce whining to start out, then a nice little revelation of the Venom drug, and then Fish making no goddamn sense...

This is the longest I have watched a new show in years (I think Scrubs was the last(non-sports) must-see TV that was actually on the air when i started watching it). Tevo helps that for sure, but I am also just interested. I wonder if I would enjoy it less if I was a more jaded TV watcher? Maybe, but I do enjoy it thus far.

Worst part for me was actually a common complaint I have will all the old cop shows. When you figure out where the big bad thing is going to happen, will just one cop please phone that fucker in and get the closest response team over rather than drive all over town to arrive in the nick of time?

The show has clearly decided that her legs deserve a lot of airtime, too.

You say that like it's a bad thing... :leer: :D

Not sure what I thought of this ep. My first thoughts were, "Oh, no. Not yet another mysterioso "super" drug. Can't writers of the super hero shows get together and at least space such storylines apart or, ya know, be original? But, I guess, overall, it was an OK ep. I like how the criminal alliances are shaping up. Alfred is starting to annoy me. Everything is "bloody" this or that. I know he's supposedly has a tough guy past, but shouldn't a butler have a little more decorum?

Archived