Walking Dead Season 5 (No Comic Spoilers) Part 4

l2 0 5 5

That statement makes no sense whatsoever.

My interest in the show had waned, so catching up felt like a waste of time, but at this point I am so invested that I feel almost obliged to see it to the end. So its nice to see some great episodes every once in a while.

Maybe "dread" is a bit too strong of a word though... more like it feels tedious.

^^^^ I felt that way about Revolution. Liked the show at first but it just never went anywhere and I kept expecting it to, so watching became a chore. I felt invested so I wanted to see it through to the end.

So I just caught up with all the episodes post-mid season finale...

God, this show's actually decent?!? I usually dread having to keep up with TWD, but the past 3 episodes or so have been VERY entertaining.

My interest in the show had waned, so catching up felt like a waste of time, but at this point I am so invested that I feel almost obliged to see it to the end. So its nice to see some great episodes every once in a while.

Maybe "dread" is a bit too strong of a word though... more like it feels tedious.

Completely agree with the above. Second half of season 4 was like watching paint dry just awful tripe and the first half of 5 wasn't much better. The second half of this season (bar the hurricane episode) has been very solid though.

I have to disagree. The story isn't about the walkers....or what caused the walkers. It's about people surviving in this world. The show ends when survival is no longer the point of the story.... either by solving what creates the walkers or mitigating their effect on survThe

Yeah, The Walking dead is not at all about finding a cure or explaining how and why this started so if that's what someone's waiting for I think they're watching the wrong show. That said, I do also believe multiple characters are going to die because there are too many of them and not enough screentime for everyone.

Norman Reedus STILL cannot find a comb!

I know, right? But he can still find the hair dye.

Terrific episode. The run was very tense. Nicholas is an asswaffle, I was actually kind of hoping that Glenn would shoot him on the spot, but that would've been disastrous for their relation with Alexandria. The revolving door scene was brilliant, great set piece. I felt bad for Noah.

I don't necessarily disagree with Gabriel's assessment of Rick but man, what a hypocrite.

I'm stoked for the next two episodes.

It would be ironic to say the least if she'd be put down, there'd be a good parrallel with Lizzie. 'She can't be around other people.'

Wait, Tara is hispanic? I thought she was white.

I think Tara is white too. I don't know where her being Hispanic comes from.

Are we going to learn what W is next episode? or not until the Season Finale?

TWD-5.15 Try Synopsis (not really a spoiler but better safe than sorry)

Spoiler

The group realizes that sheltered life might not be possible as life within the walls starts to mimic life outside. Will these setbacks break Rick?

Based on the promos and the synopsis...does someone inside die & turn? Sasha turn Charles Whitman in the tower (doubtful but...)?

At this point...does everyone in this apocolyptic world understand that once you're dead, you can reanimate...regardless of method of death? or do the Alexandrians not understand this?

Honestly, I don't like Sasha and would be fine if she got exiled for doing something crazy. She seems mentally unstable, and I think the spending the night in the tower shows this. Carol is getting on my nerves again. I didn't like her childrens' fight club or child killing either.

Honestly, I don't like Sasha and would be fine if she got exiled for doing something crazy. She seems mentally unstable, and I think the spending the night in the tower shows this. Carol is getting on my nerves again. I didn't like her childrens' fight club or child killing either.

You might not like her, but Rick and Michonne have been more unhinged that Sasha is right now.

And as far as Carol goes - she doesn't go all one woman army at Terminus and the rest of the group is digested or salted for winter by now.

This show is so frustratingly uneven. So many things in this episode seemed unbearably hamfisted -- the Rick/Pete thing, Deanna/her sons death, Rick and Deanna not even bothering to consider other options beyond killing or exiling Pete.

Interesting that Nicholas found Rick's gun -- I'm wondering how that happened. I was sure it was going to be Enid.

The last 5 seconds with Michonne were great. That was exactly what I wanted to do to this epidode--smack it in the head and straighten it out later.

You might not like her, but Rick and Michonne have been more unhinged that Sasha is right now.

And as far as Carol goes - she doesn't go all one woman army at Terminus and the rest of the group is digested or salted for winter by now.

Preach it, brother.

What the suffering HELL was up with the girl tied to the tree??? Any wild-ass theories? Who's close enough to have done something like that? She just turned, so Rick was right - they're close.

ETA: And I won't hear ANYTHING against Carl. :angry:

Loved what Michonne did at the end, too.

ETA #2: Oh, and Rick has totally become Shane.

Preach it, brother.

What the suffering HELL was up with the girl tied to the tree??? Any wild-ass theories? Who's close enough to have done something like that? She just turned, so Rick was right - they're close.

ETA: And I won't hear ANYTHING against Carl. :angry:

Loved what Michonne did at the end, too.

ETA #2: Oh, and Rick has totally become Shane.

YES!! Rick has become unhinged. Someone on the other thread said he got Mich-OWNED :D

Honestly, did not like the move by Michonne there. I understand it from her pov, but still not going to be good for the future. If Rick takes over there, and starts instituting common sense rules, like having guards on the gate/armed citizens/etc., I think Alexandria might have been able to fend off the outside aggressors that are likely to move on the town.

Now, I predict he'll be in conflict with the "W" crew outside the walls, so that the Alexandrians can live in their little deluded fantasy world. And I don't think he's turned into Shane. He clearly did not want to kill the Drunk Doc, and took a beating instead. Shane would've went full out on the Doc from the get go.

Also, interesting who had Rick's hidden gun. I wonder if the coward is going to use it on Glenn.

Finally, I'm surprised that the Judas Priest plotline wasn't brought up this episode.

This was an odd episode. There seems to be a bit of a disconnect with Rick's motives. His rant at Deanna was something that should have happened already and not because he's all jacked up after an unrelated fight. He focused on trying to outline the fact that this fantasy world their living in isn't the real world anymore and the problems that they think they have are not really problems now, survival is the only thing to worry about. Yet he does get involved in this domestic violence situation which has nothing to do with him other than the fact he may have feelings for Jessie (who is a terrible actress I must say). I thought it was a bit of a reach and quite frankly probably a bit offensive to victims of domestic violence for Rick to basically say "you continually letting yourself get hit and not sticking up for yourself is exactly the attitude of why you Alexandria lot are going to die without me".

Very odd penultimate episode.

After we found out it was Nicholas who had the J Gun, and during the Rick/Pete fight, I was expecting Nicholas to pull the gun and try to be a hero but Rick would shoot him. :dunno: Oh well...maybe Nicholas will be how the Wolves get in.

Archived