Better Call Saul

RumHam

7 minutes ago, sifth said:

What can I say, I don't like a guy who's only proof is, "it probably was Jimmy".

Let's just agree to disagree.

Except the "I made a mistake" explanation is extremely unlikely. Read my last post. His assumption that Jimmy sabotaged his files is really the correct implementation of Occam's Razor.

54 minutes ago, Bridgeburners said:

Except the "I made a mistake" explanation is extremely unlikely. Read my last post. His assumption that Jimmy sabotaged his files is really the correct implementation of Occam's Razor.

The way he behave in court showed how much of an asshole he can be.

Look, Jimmy is a POS. What Jimmy did was wrong. But still, Chuck as NO PROOF. None. Guessing everything right based on Jimmy's nature is not a proof. Proof woud be Chuck having a video of Jimmy going through his Mesa Verde files. Proof woud be Chuck finding out the 61 of 1261 is not lined up perfectly on a straight line, or noticing a square shaped shadow/line around the 61 when printing paper on top of paper. Proof would finding Jimmy's fingerprint on al the files, etc 

Even if the clerk told him he saw Jimmy at the printing shop a couple days earlier, how could he prove that he was forging the Mesa Verde files ? Didn't the clerk say the camera was recording for 12h and then started recording on top of it? so basically no video of Jimmy being there exist. Chuck wants to be right for his own satisfaction at this point.

I don't really feel bad for rootin' for Jimmy.  It helps that we started this show knowing exactly who he is and who he becomes.  It's almost comical to suggest that those of us who are Saul fans are somehow falling into a writer's trap.  

It will probably come as a shock to some, but I like Mike as well, even knowing who and what he is, and who and what he becomes.  I have a growing fondness for Nacho, too.  

26 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I don't really feel bad for rootin' for Jimmy.  It helps that we started this show knowing exactly who he is and who he becomes.  It's almost comical to suggest that those of us who are Saul fans are somehow falling into a writer's  trap. 

*like*

for me it's not even so much that I'm rooting for Jimmy it's that I find Chuck so damn repulsive most of the time. 

I'm really curious to see what happens to Chuck. I don't think he's dead but I could see him being in some sort of vegetative state. Wonder if Jimmy will have to make a decision to pull the plug or commit him or something. 

5 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

*like*

for me it's not even so much that I'm rooting for Jimmy it's that I find Chuck so damn repulsive most of the time. 

I'm really curious to see what happens to Chuck. I don't think he's dead but I could see him being in some sort of vegetative state. Wonder if Jimmy will have to make a decision to pull the plug or commit him or something. 

I'm guessing he gets committed.  "Saul" doesn't look like he has any of Chuck's money, and w/the car he was driving in BB he doesn't look that prosperous from his own crimes either, it would be an interesting twist if part of the reason was to keep his comatose brother in some high end med facility...

Just now, Winterfell is Burning said:

Mike was a crooked cop, and later was an accessory after the fact to the murder of a child, among other crimes.

Like I said, he should have killed Walt.   He always knew Walt was a loose cannon he never should have gotten talked into partnering w/him after he killed Gus.  

14 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

*like*

Me too, and I'm even finding it difficult to offer a speculation on what Jimmy would do with Chuck.  The thing about this show is that it's actually revealed Jimmy to have a lot of decency.  He's a straight up scumbag, sexist, criminal when we first met him.  He's still oddly likeable in his Saul way, but the man is simply a shitty human.  However, Chuck has served to really humanize Jimmy.  He sincerely cares about Chuck.  Saul would probably commit him and then find a way to funnel money to himself.  Jimmy might actually destroy his relationship with Kim in order to make sure Chuck's ambulance shows up quicker.  

15 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

And you know....getting involved in the meth business in the first place. :P

Yup.  Mike has always tended to come off as more honorable since he has that honor among criminals code thing he adheres to.  But he was pretty complicit in destroying untold number of lives.  Still like him as a character, though.  

1 hour ago, The Unborn said:

The way he behave in court showed how much of an asshole he can be.

Look, Jimmy is a POS. What Jimmy did was wrong. But still, Chuck as NO PROOF. None. Guessing everything right based on Jimmy's nature is not a proof. Proof woud be Chuck having a video of Jimmy going through his Mesa Verde files. Proof woud be Chuck finding out the 61 of 1261 is not lined up perfectly on a straight line, or noticing a square shaped shadow/line around the 61 when printing paper on top of paper. Proof would finding Jimmy's fingerprint on al the files, etc 

Even if the clerk told him he saw Jimmy at the printing shop a couple days earlier, how could he prove that he was forging the Mesa Verde files ? Didn't the clerk say the camera was recording for 12h and then started recording on top of it? so basically no video of Jimmy being there exist. Chuck wants to be right for his own satisfaction at this point.

Yes, I fully understand that Chuck has nothing that would hold up in court. But given what he knows, Jimmy sabotaging his files is about 1000 times more likely than him having made a copying mistake every single time he came across that address. Sure, there is a myriad of other possible explanations for why his files magically said "1216" in every single instance of the address, for one night, and then popped back to normal the next day. He could have hallucinated it. (Again, he would have to hallucinate just that one specific number in each of its occurrences, and no other word or number.) But sabotage is clearly the best explanation. Chuck has more than enough information to do an actual investigation.

They are both idiots and pieces of crap.

From Chucks POV, he has witnessed Jimmy steal from his father and family, which is the lowest of the low. He has seen Jimmy commit crimes his entire life, had to bail him out numerous times because of it. So Chucks entire life has been spent watching his likable sleaze ball of a brother skate by, scamming and stealing from everyone he meets. No reason to believe Jimmy won't do something to hurt HHM so of course Chuck doesn't want him there, and so far Jimmy's actions have backed up Chucks fears. Jimmy was soliciting clients, he did push through a commercial without permission, and now he has forged legal documents.

From Jimmy, his view on life was the sheep or the wolf. He decided early on he was the wolf and has spent his life being it. So even after getting the David and Main job his first action was to flick the light switch that says DO NOT TURN OFF!!! He is wired to buck the system and always will. So when his brother doesn't support him, because Chuck is a follow the rules kind of person Jimmy sees it as not being supportive instead of seeing Chuck like an abused person, fool him once shame on you, fool him twenty five times and you get the picture. It would be interesting to see what he is doing now at the cinnabon where he works. Does he steal from the tip cup or from the local charity boxes they have? Does he steal some icing and take it home just to do it?

Worst part for me was Kim, now she has lowered herself to Jimmy's level. She knows what he did and she said screw it.

Mike, yeah, that was an entirely different car. Thing is, Mike is better than what they show him doing at the bar. He just stole $250,000 from a drug cartel. The last thing a retired cop on a pension would be doing is flashing $100 bills and buying rounds. And now he knows that his actions caused someone to be murdered and he knows the truck driver is next. His actions have now cost two people their lives, he may as well have pulled the trigger himself.

Great episode. Loved the scene between Chuck, Jimmy and Kim. I felt sorry for Chuck in this episode. He did nothing wrong yet has suffered damage to his reputation, lost a client and has been potentially seriously injured through no fault of his own. It's pretty clear who the 'villian' is and it ain't Chuck. Kim's speech to Chuck was pretty presumptuous since she does not know Jimmy's history. Given Jimmy's long criminal history, I can understand why Chuck has become so judgemental of him. There are only so many times you can give someone the benefit of the doubt until it eventually becomes clear that this person is unwilling to change regardless of the number of second chances they get. Disappointed in Kim choosing to benefit from fraud. You just know that she is going to live to regret that decision.

Mike and Nacho always make an episode better. Mike's 'half measures' has resulted in the 'good samaritan' getting killed and potentially putting the driver at risk as well. Mike learning of this has inevitably set up some sort of confrontation between him and Hector, perhaps with some help from Nacho.

Well, I love the relationship between Jimmy and Chuck. It's one of the most realistic brotherly relationships I can think of in television. I shan't weigh in on the rest, I'll just say I find it very odd how many people seem to find the fact that Jimmy actually did doctor the files irrelevant.

I loved Kim's reaction to the whole thing, I wasn't sure if she was gonna ask Jimmy outright. It puts her in a difficult position, if she were to turn down Mesa Verde she'd have to explain why, and Jimmy would end up being charged with a felony. She was kinda forced into doing a selfish act.

43 minutes ago, dbunting said:

They are both idiots and pieces of crap.

From Chucks POV, he has witnessed Jimmy steal from his father and family, which is the lowest of the low. He has seen Jimmy commit crimes his entire life, had to bail him out numerous times because of it. So Chucks entire life has been spent watching his likable sleaze ball of a brother skate by, scamming and stealing from everyone he meets. No reason to believe Jimmy won't do something to hurt HHM so of course Chuck doesn't want him there, and so far Jimmy's actions have backed up Chucks fears. Jimmy was soliciting clients, he did push through a commercial without permission, and now he has forged legal documents.

From Jimmy, his view on life was the sheep or the wolf. He decided early on he was the wolf and has spent his life being it. So even after getting the David and Main job his first action was to flick the light switch that says DO NOT TURN OFF!!! He is wired to buck the system and always will. So when his brother doesn't support him, because Chuck is a follow the rules kind of person Jimmy sees it as not being supportive instead of seeing Chuck like an abused person, fool him once shame on you, fool him twenty five times and you get the picture. It would be interesting to see what he is doing now at the cinnabon where he works. Does he steal from the tip cup or from the local charity boxes they have? Does he steal some icing and take it home just to do it?

Worst part for me was Kim, now she has lowered herself to Jimmy's level. She knows what he did and she said screw it.

Mike, yeah, that was an entirely different car. Thing is, Mike is better than what they show him doing at the bar. He just stole $250,000 from a drug cartel. The last thing a retired cop on a pension would be doing is flashing $100 bills and buying rounds. And now he knows that his actions caused someone to be murdered and he knows the truck driver is next. His actions have now cost two people their lives, he may as well have pulled the trigger himself.

I agree with all of this.  And yeah, I was disappointed in Kim, she turned a serious corner there, and it will be interesting to see what the fall out is.

the misdirection on the show is great

we think Mike is scoping out Hector to kill him, but he's actually trying to rob him (also the courier retrieving the gun makes us think he is a hitman)

had to go back and watch the previous episode to see what gave the money away to Mike (the sound of tires being removed in the garage)

now have to watch the robbery again to figure out what will give away Mike to Hector

they are spending alot of time showing the commercial getting made, it better be good

Archived