Video Games: France not a WWI Nation

Werthead

Having fun with Uncharted 4, which I started a couple of days ago. I actually like that stealth is a more significant part of the game. It gives you more options for how to approach a situation, and even a challenge in some places to complete a section without firing a shot, which I've managed a few times. It has always been somewhat possible to stealth certain sections in Uncharted games, but having waist high grass, and marking of enemies allows for more open stealth levels that don't just rely on hanging from ledges and hiding behind walls. In the very least you get to thin out the herd a bit to make the eventual shoot out a bit less taxing.

But I have also realised that I'm ready for the franchise to come to an end, so I am fine with this being Drake's last adventure.

Somehow I missed that the Asimov beta came up for Stellaris a couple of days ago. The actual patch is supposed to come out before the end of June. 

The patch is supposed to fix the fact that you get blocked in by other nations borders, by making everyone's borders open by default. I hope it works, because I quit playing a few weeks ago for that very reason. 

Edit: They also fixed the planet limit problem. Now the limit is the number of systems you control, no matter how many many planets are in that system.

So, um, Steam Sale starts tomorrow! What should I get? What are you gonna get? I need absolutely nothing at this point, but I will absolutely buy a lot of somethings. I have 76 items on my wishlist I'm not that interested in!!

Dead by Daylight looks kind of good.

Do I finally buy telltale's Game of Thrones?

What the hell is Total War Hammer and why do I have it on my list?

Final Fantasy XII is coming!! But it won't be on sale :( Nor will F13th the game, and that won't be good.

Maybe Torment will finally have some incentives?

Probably will load up my library with a bunch of games I will never play!!!!

Finished my NG+ of The Witcher 3, the war's outcome is so bleak if...

... you let Dijkstra kill Roche and friends (which was hard enough). Walking through the palace at the end, you hear that Emhyr's armies are deserting and that he's suffering repeated assassination attempts, then you tell him that his daughter's dead, and then he gets killed in the ending slides. Plus in White Orchard the Redanians are 'foraging' the peasants (and the peasants are dobbing each other in for fraternizing with Nilfgaard or w/e). Never doing that again. 

26 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

Probably will load up my library with a bunch of games I will never play!!!!

Ah, you're using the traditional Steam sale strategy I see. 

I'll probably pick up the new Doom if it gets a decent discount (it won't though, too new). Maybe the Dishonored DLC. Never played any of it and I'd like to before the sequel comes out. 

1 hour ago, KiDisaster said:

I'll probably pick up the new Doom if it gets a decent discount (it won't though, too new). Maybe the Dishonored DLC. Never played any of it and I'd like to before the sequel comes out. 

Do this yesterday. The DLC are pretty good, and combined into one package they're actually a decent length as well.

6 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Do this yesterday. The DLC are pretty good, and combined into one package they're actually a decent length as well.

Both story DLCs are completely independent of the main story right? I ask because there's not a chance in hell I still have my main game save files anywhere. 

42 minutes ago, KiDisaster said:

Both story DLCs are completely independent of the main story right? I ask because there's not a chance in hell I still have my main game save files anywhere. 

They are, you access them on a separate menu and everything. Knife of Dnwall is cool, but the Brigore Witches is the best of the two by far, really great DLC.

In Total War Warhammer news, it seems Chaos is far stronger in my Vampire campaign. They rarely fielded anything beyond Chaos Warriors in that, while here one of their stacks is almost half composed of Chosen which are pretty hard to kill unless you hammer and anvil them with zombies + Crypt Horrors. Once, one of the Great Weapon Chosen cut through something like 350 of my zombies before going down. These guys are hardcore. Thankfully much of the rest is Hellcannons or Marauder Horsemen, which the AI defends poorly and fall easily to Fell Bats or Dire Wolves.

I've killed so many Chaos troops that Franz is now my BFF, however. At least until Chaos is destroyed and I suddenly but inevitably betray him. Having one region as a chokepoint really highlights the strength of the Vampires; the more meat Chaos and the Norscan throw into the Talabeim grinder, the better troops I can recuit there an instant. I can now conjure GW Grave Guards and Vargeists, two farily high tier units. 

It also made me love Ambush. Have a weak army garrisoned in a city, with a stronger army waiting in ambush nearby. Many times, the AI will rush your city with their strongest stack, then you spring the surprise and crush them with overwhelming numbers. It's funny to be victorious while losing 3 times as many troops as the enemy, knowing that you can replenish them much faster than Chaos can anyway.

2 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

They tell the flipside of the story in the main game, but you play a different character and it launches from a separate menu (oh, as is said above :) ), so it's all fine.

I'm actually thinking of a full replay of the game before the sequel comes out.

Been playing through doom on a couple friends recommendation. Single player is surprisingly awesome. Doesn't take itself too seriously and has that fast paced batshit insanity which has been missing from SP FPS games these past years. Has done a pretty good job of reminding me of the old doom / quake id glory days. Bit ironic they needed Bethesda to take over to do it.

The multiplayer is trash though.

4 hours ago, Jasta11 said:

In Total War Warhammer news, it seems Chaos is far stronger in my Vampire campaign. They rarely fielded anything beyond Chaos Warriors in that, while here one of their stacks is almost half composed of Chosen which are pretty hard to kill unless you hammer and anvil them with zombies + Crypt Horrors. Once, one of the Great Weapon Chosen cut through something like 350 of my zombies before going down. These guys are hardcore. Thankfully much of the rest is Hellcannons or Marauder Horsemen, which the AI defends poorly and fall easily to Fell Bats or Dire Wolves.

Ha, did the same thing, but playing with The Empire. Von Carstein became my buddy, then I destroyed him. :devil:

And once I finished off the Vampire Counts, I managed to win the campaign, without me even trying. I was still trying to achieve the goals of the last chapter objectives, and was doing quest battles with Balthazar Gelt. :P

I know that Pony Queen Jace said she didn't like the Empire because they're too colorful (or something like that). But if you look closer, there is a certain meanness and ugliness to them, too. All those hard, bearded fuckers; the Witch-Hunters; and I'm pretty sure Gelt is evil. (or at least Game of Thrones evil) 

9 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

What's the non-traditional way? HELP ME--I BEG YOU.

57 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

What's the non-traditional way? HELP ME--I BEG YOU.

Writing down ahead of time specific games you care about and wanted to buy and then only buying them, specifically on the 2nd or 3rd day when sales typically are better. 

And doing NOTHING else.

Nonsense. What about all those games you're not really that interested in but are so cheap you can't afford not to buy them? 

That's the Steam Sale way. 

In all seriousness though, I used to do that. Took me far too long to learn my lesson. 

5 hours ago, Dickwad Poster #3784 said:

Writing down ahead of time specific games you care about and wanted to buy and then only buying them, specifically on the 2nd or 3rd day when sales typically are better. 

And doing NOTHING else.

Pretty sure the sale prices are the same from day one to the end of the sale now.  They did away with the daily specials.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 8:08 PM, KiDisaster said:

The most disappointing part of Battlefield 1 to me is the overabundance of automatic weapons and the apparent lack of bolt action for everyone other than the sniper class. Not that I expect realism from a Battlefield game, but somehow it still disappoints me.

I felt the same way. I'm hoping they come out with a gamemode, where payers can only use these weapons. 

If they don't you could also creat your own server, making this a rule and kicking people if they obey.  I did this on BF4 when we wanted to have just pistol and knifes matches.  It's actually very easy to regulate.  Especially if you allow multiple friends to be admins.

Archived